parades and others........

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lambo, Jul 5, 2003.

1. lambo Registered Member

What the hell is every Americans(I'm American) obsession with parades? Please dont tell me that I am the only one that really really LOATHES watching a marching band walk across a street and watching a few gigantic baloons.

To me it seems as if it is just one gigantic commercial. Things are being advertised througout the parade.

Where does the enjoyment from watching a parade come from? Where does the enjoyment come from watching people walk around slapping sticks on drums come from? Where does the enjoyment of watching Sesame Street characters march across the street come from??

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Belle Registered Senior Member

I don't much care for watching the parades, but I sure as hell love being in 'em!! I'm one of those idiots in the marching band, and I love it! Don't knock it till you've tried it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Belle Registered Senior Member

Oh, btw, welcome to Sciforums lambo!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

yeah, i agree that sometimes parades seem like huge fucking commercials or whatever, too many ads.. every damn float sponsored by a company who coughed up a little cash to show off their name on their float..

i actually do enjoy the marching band part of these things.. it takes a lot of talent and practice to coordinate one of those things, with ~100 people or so.. even slapping sticks on drums takes coordination and such, all while keeping in line with your band and marching properly.... that said, i'd still rather go somewhere besides a parade to get my fill of music..

good first thread! welcome to sciforums..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

From people like you not being there.