sexual games

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by paths, Jul 2, 2003.

1. paths Registered Member

I am a bit confused about the way people behave when they are interested in someone.. i.e playing games.. Making themselves unavailable, pretending not to like the other person, avoiding them... has anyone mastered the art of sexual games and knows how to play them ? i need some advice so i can play them back.. and effectively detect them.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

i think "sexual games" are largely stupid and pointless.. i mean, say someone really likes you, and you want to get their attention or something.. pardon my language, but exactly what the fuck is the point of pretending you don't like them? where's that going to get you, huh? why not just tell them how you feel, smart guy? quit being deceptive! that's how relationships fall apart, so starting everything off on a wholly deceptive note is just stupid.. there's no trust toward the "deceiver" from the person who was the innocent "victim" in the precursor to the relationship....

making oneself unavailable, on the other hand, hardly seems like a "game" to me.. it's more like saying, i don't like you so i'll find someone else.. i do not understand how this could be at all attractive.... when i know a girl's with someone else, i just don't even bother.

yeah, so there's my two cents.

p.s. welcome to sciforums!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paths Registered Member

first of all I'm not the one playing these games... I just find people play them with me, i just think " what the hell are you doing?" That is why I'm a bit confused and would like to hear someone else's possible explaination or something.. not all guys i find play them, but there are definately some out there...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Act tortured.....mysterious.....tough......work out and get a good body.......Pretend you're indifferent to everything and then get a fucking clue and just act like a "non-asshole human being" and love someone. Games are fun in bed not when it comes to your life.

8. ProCop Valued Senior Member

It's hard to say when you'r playing a game and when you'r yourself

Well, there is one strange thing about playing games with others: sometimes I thought I was pretending while I was actually revealing the real me...I tend to be a set of characters, all of them true: sometimes I am shy, silent and stupid (born looser), the next day the centre(fold) of the stage, a play boy (born winner). It is nice to have more faces, to know them, and generaly give them the place to live. I can put on very easily the play boy act, but the shy guy overwhelms me frequently. It must be the Big Gift from god (this) shyness, without it I would be complete idiot...(some statistics: nice girls (in my past) came to the shy guy; while much-less-in-numbers-and-heavier-in-pounds-girls came to the play boy) So play shy!

9. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Well, I think the point of playing games with people and not just coming out and admiting your feelings is all because of your mind. Some people I know (myself included) don't express their feelings because they are afraid of being in that vulnerable position where they can get their feelings hurt.

10. paths Registered Member

UD that was a good explaination.. i just think that some people " play hard to get".. it amuses me most when they try to do this to me and im not even interested!

11. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i thought this thread was about something entirely different ::disappointed::

12. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

heyya paths
    welcome to sciforums

so if you are interested in a guy (assuming you are a girl)
    do you ask them out?
    or do you wait for them to make the first move?

if you think you like someone and then let them know by doing something like making an attempt to spend time with them
    and they then act like they are not interested and start to play the games that you are refering to then move on!
    you say you dont like to play games so make sure you are not
    setting the standard by playing the girl waiting for the guy to make the first move game.

honesty is a good thing
    so make sure you start off on the rite foot.
    society is slowly changing as women gain more and more
    self confidence to the point where they will be able to ask out guys and not care what the week pathetic ones think.
    why people play games like that...
    because they have issues about self confidence and ego centric
    self worth based in others opinions of what they are told is considered normal and desirable in the image of others self worth issues.
    its just a form of intellectual and personality retardation.
    AND arrogance is not a sign of strength as most people seem to think.
    good luck

groove on

13. New Life Registered Senior Member

I dont know if the games you were refering to at the beginning are so much sexual games as dating games....sex games can be a lot of fun once you're in a relationship and that....but dating games are indeed stupid.

Refuse to play them and others will stop too. Make a move, then if they seem uninterested (whether they really are, or whether they're playing hard to get) then just back off and forget them.....they will quickely see that you're not playing, and if they were playing then most times they will make a move on you and start being straight with you....if they really were uninterested then it wont matter and they'll be grateful that they dont have to turn you down rudely.

Its been my experience that if you're straight with people then they will be the same way with you....now if only we could get all those silly people who believe what they see on tv to stop being stupid!

14. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

Yeah I agree with you God is Irrelevant!
    It sounds to me like maybe this person didn't have the intention of continuing it! One of my Noregian penpals got treated like this and then dumped, after she had put her trust into him. People who have had past relationships usually take things out on the next person.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape! I agree with the consensus of the thread: playing games so early on is stupid. It is no way to build trust. Maybe this is not the intention of these kinds of people though: maybe they just want to enjoy themselves for a bit.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

These kinds of games are generally restricted to the young. Once people become comfortable with themselves and know what they want, they don't go in for the silly games as much.

16. Distortion melted down Registered Senior Member

Frankly... you're all wrong. Just dead wrong... heh.

The games, are for one simple reason:

To make the person 'playing' them more of a challenge.

The inherent principle working in the subconscious of every man and woman on this planet is simple: if it's harder to get, it must be more valuable.

Ferrari's aren't, relative to what an outsider of earth would think, all that different or distinguished from plenty of other cars. They're valued more largely because of the simple fact that they're rare, and that translates into them being much harder to get, which translates into them being much more valuable.

This isn't a very detailed explanation, I was going for the cut and dry so I don't write a book. By pretending not to like someone, or at least being deceptive about your interest level, you keep 'the ball in your park' and maintain their interest level by being a challenge.

I'm thankful that most people don't understand this simple principle because it sure as hell helps alot with my relationships - so I don't mind sharing the 'secret' with you guys

17. paths Registered Member

heheh distortion, that was a great explaination too... sometimes i think it would be good to be a good player.. but usually i just give in and give it away that i like the person :/

18. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

Distortion

is that why women like gay men soo much

and monks

i gues most are still in the caveperson mentality
    good luck to them

paths
    a player chooses to manipulate people to gain selfish lust desires

are you saying you dont want to have a relationship with a guy that doesnt sleep around?
    if ya get my point
    good on ya for being real
    its the only path to love

ps thier dating games not sexual games and they are the way that women wish to be dominated by men or try to dominate them it helps to sort out the most arrogant and emotionaly void
    so the lowest evolved male chases the female
    makes me LMAO
    reinforces obsesive behaviour and emotional ignorance mixed with arrogance
    i find it very retarded and INCREDIBLY FUNNY
    it indicates a large degree of sexual disfunction and emotional insecurity
    gives good emtertainment in bars and clubs for the odd occasions
    when your just soo tired or drunk and you dont want to dance for a while

groove on

19. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

Good post but please stop it with the "groove on" thing. last time i heard it is the 20th century not the 80's ewwww 80'ssss

20. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

That just sounds like the sensible thing to do Paths!

I envy you!

Good explanation Distortion! Well put, I like it. I was recently thinking how it can be used as an excuse to abuse people though; like America did to black people so they could have equality. I saw this film a while ago with Denzil Washington and Mathew Brodrick (or whatever his name is) in it, and there was a black slave getting whipped. Black people must have taken years of that just for equality. Sometimes the reasoning you described so well distortion, also leads to the thinking that it will be sweeter once the sour has been tasted, but this again is just an excuse to allow people to abuse others, as with the example I described.

21. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

<i>"i need some advice so i can play them back.. and effectively detect them."</i>

Mental foreplay. The games fullfill an emotional need. Physical contact, well...that aint sex.

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

23. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

Lucysnow
    I don't know why it works this way but its fucking exhausting
    ---
    my personal current anaylesis is that it resides in the form of social acceptance
    cross fostered by ego self image and disfunctional teaching/parents/peers/magazines/t.v programs/movies/books
    people will most often choose a partner that has been certified by one of thier peer group
    regardless of the true merits of character or personality

ther is a huge amount of guys who feel threatened by women making the first move
    the number far outweighs that who have true self confidence and
    are not biggoted
    remember the wide spread belife by both sexs is that a women who is sexual self confident is labeled as a slut by most people
    and since most men seek to pretend they have true power by exerting it over thier girlfriend or wife they fear the self confident women and try and make her out to be anti social and un desirable
    this also works in a reverse manner innitiated by the female

personaly i find such people very boring and predictable and could list the upcoming issues about to be played out in the relationship like a thearte script
    which instanly discredits at least half the population
    current popular women like madona and christina aguilera
    (sorry for spelling)
    are attempting to teach the women how to be more real and not be oppressed by the male / and female shovenistic mental problems cycled through to paranting and consequently the prostitution of self esteem at a a pre school age for boys and girls

look how many just label them as sluts
    why do they label them as sluts
    because they have disfunctional issues about nudity and sex
    and seek to normalise thier inner voice screaming out how it desires to be as free and untainted in expresion

there are other women who also share thier insight
    maybe arita fraklin might be a well knowen
    song R-E-S-P-E-C-T
    ther are some guys who sing about it aswell but ill keep it as short as possible
    there are quite a few singing about important stuff but not many know how to listen OR are too afraid to

the pre occupation with what they are wearing when the message is in part what they are wearing is absolutely hilariouse to me
    ohhh look at what they are wearing
    no thought to listen to the lyrics
    no ability to comprhend technical ability of melody or rhythem
    just speaking from the greatest disfunction
    sexual!

and so the message is addressed by such artists
    good on ya gals and guys
    make those shovenistic men and women shake in thier
    repressive intellectualy retarded sexualy disfunctional
    fetish fantasising wanna wear leather boots

funny how nature can show us the way to a better thing
    it just takes some people years to be ready for the truth
    and others several life times (expresion)

its like watching a forrest grow
    while all the religouse fanatics run around cutting off branches
    to build a bigger fire to chase thier fear of the darkness away and pretend they have actualy achived something
    and then screaming at others saying my fire is the best and the biggest
    as the forest suffers more and more around them
    if there was no sex before marriage there would be no humans or any other animals on this planet
    if sex was such a dominating evil thing
    then there would be no humans or other animals left on the planet

if you believe in god then why do you think there is sex before marriage
    because people need it to learn and advance
    just like an aprenticeship
    the cross relation of certain working examples seems to be lost on most
    im off rite now to bang my head on a post
    or have a peice of ignorant toast
    to reduce my anguish at your arrogant boast
    ignorance is bliss if you follow like most
    why not look for the lessen and help life to coast