Perfection is a B****

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sargentlard, Jul 1, 2003.

1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I thought this may belong in philosophy section but then i decided to keep it here because it is a free thought rather than anything else.

Perfection is satisfaction exaggerated and satisfaction exaggerated + negative reinforcement = Perfection disdain,
    which in turn equals Postive motivation refrain and that in conjunction with Low level skill apprehension ability eventually leads to negative time consumtion which is the cause of goal elimination which in turn leads to mass confusion in one's head....

.....so basically Perfection is a bitch.

What do you think of this and about perfection in general?? Feel free to correct me or add.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. crokett Registered Senior Member

Good enough is good enough and perfection is rarely worth the trouble. It is also impossible to achieve.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yes, exactly. I find it to be a flawed word...unless we prescribe it a different meaning.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. plasticwingsmelting Banned Banned

i had this image of this girl in my mind...i called it perfect, but i was merely emphasizing on how great of an image i had of her.

perfection is false. there's no such thing. anyone who thinks theyre perfect needs to be cut a few times to show them the truth of reality.

8. Simple russian girl Registered Member

Rerfectionists are sick people.

"Sargentlard is the sexiest biatch that ever was or will be"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Simple russian girl Registered Member

They are sick because they spend too much time on details rather than spending it on overall result.

10. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

One more thing.. be careful with P and R.

You can interchange that 'biatch' with 'perfection'.

11. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i see you learned the ropes fast. that is basically our motto around here.

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Well wouldn't you say they focus too much on the results that why they become perfectionists or vice versa.

Perfection itself, even if not used in relating to human behavior, is a very flawed word. It is self defeating word really.

13. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

a perfectionist would do nothing
    because everything would already be perfect
    so on a philisophical level once a perspn became a perfectionist they would cease to exist by the very nature of the life eqaution
    a perfectionist is most often discribed as someone who squezzes the toothpaste tube in the middle and leaves the cap off

14. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Perfectionists are irritating in the sense that they feel the urge to perform every task perfectly . A perfectionist should be able to discern which tasks are really worthwhile spending time on. However, the urge to perfect yourself, the urge to do well, is important as well. Perfection is also a very subjective term. You may consider yourself perfection sarge, but i...

15. Zero Banned Banned

A perfectionist and a menopausal lady, when both online, would be indistinguishable.

*sings* Menopause is comiiiiiing to tooooooowwwwn...

16. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

i used to be a perfectionist when i went to a private school, 6th-8th grades... it was kind of annoying, because i had like 4 or 5 hours (at least) of homework per night!! once i got to high school, i realized i could slack off a little and still maintain my grades..

so i took all AP classes, slept through half of them, the ones i found uninteresting, and the rest i kicked butt in... made all A's, of course, and graduated in may with a 4.94 GPA..... i guess the moral of the story is that perfectionism sucks, because it can dominate a person's life if given the chance.. whatever.