Happy Independence Day!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Jerrek, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

May I be the first to wish all Americans here a very happy Independence Day. Yes, I am early, but I want to do it with the Canada Day message and I can't help if those folks from long ago were too lazy to do it three days earlier.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

While driving through rural New York this weekend, I saw a lot of these inscriptions, and I would like to say it...

In God We Trust, and Together We Stand.

And with We here I mean Americans and Canadians.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Thanks For The Sentiment!

If these guys have their way, we'll be standing together in more ways than one!

http://hometown.aol.com/XPUS/index.html

Scroll down a bit & check this out:

10/9/01: A Modest Proposal for Redrawing the Map of Canada as Seven States and One Territory of the United States

We're comin' fer yaz!!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Happy B-Day America!

You Nazi bastards you! Oops. Here comes my Zionist leader! JFTD!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spookz Banned Banned

jerreck
    got a match?

8. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

when did you become anti-USA..!

9. SG-N Registered Senior Member

In God We Trust, and Together We Stand.
    That always make me laugh... you shouldn't link God to your country! Your ancestors went in USA because of religious persecution and because they were looking for freedom. So why did you added God to your country's "problems"?
    Anyway, I don't really care : you're free!

10. sHaZbOk Registered Member

yeah the USA is really sweet, anyone who disagrees is just jealous.....or a nazi bastard

11. Flores Registered Senior Member

SG-N, there is a difference between believing in ours and yours and everyone's common creator and escaping religious persecution. The founding fathers were tired of the doctrines and hypocracy in Europe and believed that man was created equally under god. They believed all land are equal under one god. Without our belief in the one god that created us all, we can't believe in feedom and equality, because if achievement and materials are the measuring factors, I'd say Americans are suprior to all beings, but it's our belief in god that humbles us and grounds us and makes us know that the poor soul in Nigeria and the richest person in America are equal under god.

12. kajolishot Registered Senior Member

That's nice on paper. But doesn't that go against religious freedom?

Consider, here I have freedom of religion to choose what I may...but then I am told in God I believe. Whoops. I'm a polytheist or athiest. Where's my freedom of religion?

It's best to leave such things out of government and let indviduals practice what they please...

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

14. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Awhile ago, on a drive back home from a trip to upstate New York, I saw a bumper sticker that said "Support Your President!" It was probably of Jerrek's Nazi cohorts, but anyway, it kind of confused me. The whole idea behind a democracy is for the government to be constantly scrutinized by the people it governs. If you don't keep an eye on your government together the government will eventually screw you over. I point to evidence as demonstrated in exhibit A--Human History in its entirety.

So supporting your president BLINDLY, as implied by the bumper sticker, is illogical.

In response to this new bumper sticker, I present the attachment, which I feel is much more logical.

15. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

1 more

Gotta pay homage to one of the first...

16. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

I agree with kajolishot, best to leave the god bit out of it.

"Without our belief in the one god that created us all, we can't believe in feedom and equality, because if achievement and materials are the measuring factors, I'd say Americans are suprior to all beings, but it's our belief in god that humbles us and grounds us and makes us know that the poor soul in Nigeria and the richest person in America are equal under god."

Why notbelieve in freedom and equality without god? Plenty of believers have also believed in inequality and unfreedom, and jsutified it religiously. And why shoudl material wealth be a measure of how god likes you? Havnt you read what jesus said about camels and needles and rich people? Or how to treat the poor? Humbles and grounds you? Where do atheists and agnostics come into this? For every humble believer theres one who likes to say how proud he is to be american and proud to be a believer etc. But surely if the rich person in the USA and the person in Nigeia are equal under god, but the rich american is being rewarded with material welath, they arent equal under god.

Oh yes. And happy independence day, now be safe with those barbecues and fireworks.

17. Thaug Registered Senior Member

Its freedom of religion not from it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2003