how will we all die?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by cthulhus slave, Jun 28, 2003.

1. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

how do you think th ehuman race will end?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

i say we will likly screw our earth up so bad no1 can breath. then well all move to marse and get killed when they descover the aliens....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

I don't think the human race will ever end--we will evolve and become something totally new and unique. As I have said in previous posts, I believe the human being will evolve to become a more 'perfect' creature when all the races are blended into one and both genders become androgynous. Just like the leaps we've made since Cro-Magnon, we are still in the last day of creation.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

I will kill each and everyone of you hapless creatures.

8. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

As Homo sapiens we will end. That is certain. This is not necessarily by calamity, however. It is my hope we splinter into numerous species after we begin steller colinization. All we have to do is get off this rock.

Our descendants may die in the heat death or they may find a loophole in the laws of physics that lets them flee the universe. Who knows.

9. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

For heat death to occur, a sentient species will be long gone... is it possible that sentient life will make heat death impossible?

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Not unless we can find a way to make mass out of nothing and turn mass to nothing. If we did that we could hold the universe in equilibrium. (neither expanding or contracting)

11. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Or not.

Or not. Heat Death is maximum entropy, correct? So it seems that heat death is an obvious conclusion, since the entropy of a system (the universe) must always increase, according to the law of thermo-dynamics. This is physics. Does physics, even though it is based on the minds of humans, their brain child, does it account for life?

So life decreases entropy. With life decreasing entropy, for heat death to occur, life will have to be non-existent. So a species, any species, acting to survive, could decrease entropy enough that they could live, and only upon their extinction, would heat death occur, so for our speices, and decendents to be destroyed, they have to be destroyed by another intelligence, destroy themselves, or die before they leave the cradle. So, if we survive our childhood as a species, we will live until TsubInfinity, or forever.

12. doom Registered Senior Member

Erm the universe will freeze up eventually,take a long time,but the proton will decay eventually and theres nothing you can do about that.
    Heat death for the universe itself is looking increasingly unlikely at the moment,a heat death requires the universe to contract and crunch,that will not happen as the expansion rate does not look like it will stop,itll keep expanding till all heat is exhausted.

I think we will blow the economy before we get anywhere in space,well blow ourselves up,continually war ourselves back into the stone ages and before we know it the fucking sun blows up.

13. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

The world will end at the time already decided by God; 'armageddon'. Then we will all be judged.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. qfrontier Captain Of Starship Registered Senior Member

Well I think that hmm maybe we are the fathers to alien species in the future. We will probably evolve into different things and we'll each go our own way into the galaxy. Or its like we still remain human and we go our own way to different parts of the galaxy and one day we all get mutated or something and when we come back and make contact, we will have vulcans, klingons, romulans and shit

15. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

It is obvious you don't know what your talking about.

16. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

I like the simplicity of your reply.

The Sun is shrinking, and while this could mean we freeze to death when our heat supply dies, I think human life would be able to survive, given our current capabilities, but plant life, and therefore food would also be likely to die. Having said this, I, again, think humanity would be able to sustain plant, and animal life, if it happened.

However if the Sun is shrinking, as some scientists have 'calculated', then eventually it would turn in on itself, and our star would become a black hole, taking everything in around, and most surely the planet Earth itself.

In answer to your question cthulhus slave; 'how do you think the human race will end?'; I predict (and I am placing a $10 wager on this, with you

) that a metorite will hit the Earth and kill us all.

I must say I think Nuclear Armageddon is unlikely! Nobody wants that, except me sometimes.

17. jps Valued Senior Member

18. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

ooooohhhhh...... sooooo optomistic

19. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

The question was "how will the human species die" or something and you guys are talking about the end of the universe? :bugeye:

20. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Well we kind of have to talk about the end of the universe. If we make it to the stars (few hundred years at most) there isnt much that can kill EVERYONE except on a universal scale.

21. koolmodee I'm alive! Registered Senior Member

I think we'll slowly die out as evolution takes place and new species take over. Of course they will still be related to us but will be 'different'.

After that, then all that end of the Earth/universe stuff that people have been talking about will happen.

22. sHaZbOk Registered Member

cheer up man, i'd recommend you stay away from bridges, sharp things, and ropes

23. Ectropic Registered Senior Member

I haven't heard the Sun shrinking thing, but I do know how a star dies. Out star is thought to be not big enough to leave behind a blank hole. It is thought that the star will expand as it runs out of fuel and will begin to shoot matter in all directions. This will be a bad time to be tanning on Earth since the diameter is supposed to be beyond out Earth's orbit. After that a white dwarf will be left.
    Even if a bunch of missle got launched I don't think that would end the human race. It would just screw it up really bad. Of course a meteor is always a possibility, but I relly think that we could survive most of them too. That would have to happen in the next fifty years or so to guarentee our end though I'm sure. There would have to be a solar system wide disaster to end us for teh next few hundred years after that.