An open letter to cthulhus_slave

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by theonlyguyever, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

Okay, so do you really believe in this shit? No offense intended, but it looks like your "god" is a demented octopus or something...
    http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/index.html

If you really follow this monstrosity, could you at least offer me an explanation why?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Loveraft was a prolific and entrancing author, though I will accede that Cthulu certainly isn't near as appealling as Nodens or Nyarlathotep. You should read some of it, god is irrelevant.

Texts of Lovecraft Tales

Particularly, the crux of this contention:

The Call of Cthulu

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

The concept of Cthulu and the old ones is carried through in many of his works.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kane Registered Member

H.P. Lovecraft is a great writer. But you'd have to be a dumb ass to believe in those gods. Cause I certainly don't. Heh heh...
    If Cthulhu was a giant octopus, we could have a giant octupus party where everyone ate a god! That would be fun. But really, Lovecraft made them up for his writing, but Call Of Cthulhu is a fun rpg. I recommend it. Ouch.

8. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

cthulhu was a god worshiped by a tribe in the region near present day rome.
    they also worshipped manny of the gods that are belived to have evolved to be the greek gods.
    cthulhu (or kthona as was it b4 lovercraft mispelled) was one of there lesser demon gods. he was the god that brought death and bad luck. most of what wer think of him hpl made up.
    however the book he based the 'necronomicon' on was reall. or rather , it wasnt a book, but it was reall. one of hpls colluags from college was a escavator around mesopatamia and worked on translating camographs. much of the things in his books are in them as proffacies and religius mandates. but theyr from a religion tottaly difrent than the kthona followers. so yah.. ive done research.
    hpl almost sertainly invented nyarlathotep, but there is evidance to support the theory that there was a religion around a very similar idol near present day portarico.

do i truelly belive him? not rlly. but having it as a religion is a good excuse to sacrafice animals and cause evil.

9. I give this rebuttal a "thumbs-up" for malevolence and unwholesomeness.

10. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

and if ude follow hpl or actually research the arcane religion youd find that cthulhu ios no more an octpus than jezus is a fish. its simply his simble. hes supposedly a mass of ectoplasmic gooey stuff and billions of eyes, stalks, feelers, crab like legs, pincers, fingers, claws, and sludge.

oh, and hpl just about invented yoggsothoth to. hes a mish-mosh from varius dead religions and demos from african and pacific tribes.

hpl could have been a grate anthropologist if he hadint used his knowledge for horror.

i love hpls books just so ya know.

11. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

to redoutable: hu?

12. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Hi, I am Son of Sam, wanna play?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.