Is kissing all there is?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by theonlyguyever, Jun 26, 2003.

1. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

I'm confused about why the Bible says premarital sex is wrong. I'm not in a sexual relationship, but some of my Christian friends are. They say is okay because they had dated their boyfriend or girlfriend a long time and felt that they were ready for the next level of commitment. In a way, I agree with their decision.

My question: Is kissing the farthest your relationship can go physically if you believe premarital sex is wrong? How are you supposed to grow closer together if you can't show your love, affection and commitment to each other in a more passionate way than kissing? Besides, in most relationships, kissing comes into the picture within a couple of weeks.

Is there a way for people to grow closer to someone physically and emotionally without going against their Christian values?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

That is really a personal choice. If you are a christian, why not tlk to your pastor/priest about it? They might be able to clear up any concerns you have with a standpoint that is still based in your belief.

Personally, I think that merely touching some one of the opposite sex is a hell worthy sin.

j/k

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

It is very possible. I dated a girl for two years who was chaste for religious reasons, and we had an amazing relationship. I was madly in love with her and I was okay with not having sex. I was totally satisfied with making out, cuddling, etc....sometimes a bit more *hehe*, but we didn't have sex.

Although, now that I look back at it, towards the end I think the fact that we weren't having sex began to damage our relationship because we both knew it was the next step, a step we couldn't take...so things unfortunately started to unravel. But we still had an amazing relationship that lasted a long time.

Yet now I wish we would have...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. crokett Registered Senior Member

As Nebula says, it is very possible. My fiancee and I made that decision when we started our relationship. I certainly don't love her any less. I also have to say that this relationship is the most meaninful I've ever had. That is a direct result of sex not getting in the way to cover up some of the trouble spots.

8. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

christians sicken me. so d jews and muslims.
    father abrham had manny children. many children had father abraham.
    its time his children die.

we really need a new sectionm just for sex threads dont we. we should start putitioning 4 one. theyr geting in the way here.

9. New Life Registered Senior Member

Before I became a christian I was in a long term sexual relationship and it didnt survive BECAUSE we chose to have sex (we've analysed this and that was the real reason)

As far as relationships now that I"m a christian I'd say that you can go as far as you want (baring sex) so long as it doesnt make you lust (because lust is the big part of the sin). So if you start to lust at the sight of breasts then you should prolly stick with just kissing, but if you dont lust till it gets to blow jobs then you should stop there and everything before that is fine for you.

10. Father Abraham had many Sons
    Many Sons had father Abraham

I will do whatever my girl wants. I don't care if it means I can't lay her. If I weren't willing to sacrifice, it wouldn't be love at all.

11. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

your advice is inherently flawed because you lust when you don't get it, not by getting it. repression is bad very bad and that's why "christians" get so messed up in the head. no one should ever deny themselves what they feel. if you lust at the sight of breasts and it becomes a debilitating obsession, it's because you have repressed your feelings. you wouldn't be panting if you had regular access to them.

12. New Life Registered Senior Member

what do you mean by "messed in the head"?

13. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

take a little side trip over the the human science forum to find out. i mean f'ed up, having "issues", in need of therapy.

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Stupid thought of the day

The porcupine is one of the few vertabrates not condemned by the catholic church. They have to have missionary-style sex. >=P

15. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

fingering
    ass fucking
    sucking
    toy fucking
    etc

none of these technically are sex
    no intercourse involved

16. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

so, uh, what's your point?

By the way, this entire thread is not a true question of mine. I pulled it out of a Q&A in one of my mom's oddball magazines.

17. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

There is no point

Q&A that means that the answers should be there too no?

18. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

Yeah, obviously the answer from the columnist is in the actual magazine.. a conservative christian mag. for teens 13-18... stupid if you ask me.

i thought you sciforumers would have more interesting responses.. so i posted it here.... Fraggle Rocker is pretty funny with these religious topics!

19. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Sure, anal sex

Officially a major sin, but practised by many religions were it is mandatory (and checked!)that the girl is officially a virgin until the weddingnight

On a more seious note: we have to take in account that large parts of the bible were written long time ago in more primitive peasant soceity. If we look at such soceity in the present day (like in afghanistan/pakistan etc) we see that people are basically struggling for survival and resources and that's why females/sex/marriage are heavily regulated by their religion, cause you can sell females for land or food, or they could produce unwanted children, extra mouths that you don't want to feed cause you need the scarce food for yourself, or in fact you need all the extra children so that they can work for you when you grow too old to work the land.

I believe that large parts of bibles /quran etc.. reflects the economic/political situation at the time of writing, but should be revised to reflect more of the current situation... Also the valuable lesson them books contain (if you want to see them) , many of them, provide answers for specific problems. The nature of problems have changed after many years, so might need a slightly different answer.

For instance, i've heard that the jewish/arab rejection of pigs as filthy animal is partially based on the fact that in the hills of palestine the weeds that grow there, are more suited to accomadate goats etc... Basically pigs used to be unprofitable on the long run in that ecological part of the world and hence that's why this practical down to earth common sense was preached by including it in the talmud and the quran. Feel free to step in and corret me here, it is just what i've heard....

Present day, with fertilizer or imported caddlefood it might be profitable again to breed pigs in the middle east, but people still feel dictated not to do so , by their tradition and golden religious rule that proclaims the pig is filthy, not knowing really why and/or what was the practical reason d'etre.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2003
  20. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

why is it just the girls? the same desired effect can be reached by requiring males to abstain. and besides, who are all these men having sex with if the girls are.......oooooooh. ok i get it. so it's ok for the girls to get it on with each other too though, right?

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

PacingYourName:

Your real name isn't Clinton, by any chance, is it?:bugeye:

22. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

What? I dont get it?

23. JoojooSpaceape Burn in hell Hippies Registered Senior Member

Well id say its perfectly fine