Planning a road trip

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Jerrek, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

My friend and I are taking a quick road trip for this long weekend since Tuesday is Canada day. Our plan is to drive down to Niagara, and then cross into the United States and follow the road that goes around the lake, sort of halfway, and then turn east to that big park. Pass through that, and turn north on the interstate towards Montreal, and then to Ottawa.

We wanna leave Friday night at about 6pm here in Toronto, and hopefully get past Rochester and then sleep somewhere in a motel. Then on Saturday we want to drive and drive and perhaps get to Montreal, spend the night and morning there, and then head to Ottawa. Spend the rest of the day there, sleep over with some family, and then come back.

How does that sound? Any recommendations? Any must do's and must not do's? Any advice appreciated...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I love road trips....your plan sounds great...have fun and don't get too drunk.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Hehn... muahaha. Sorry.. just came out. Yeah, you've planned well, have fun, do interesting stuff. Have a blast man.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Drink as much as you possibly can...

8. dribbler Banned Banned

bring beef jerky

9. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

We're not old enough to drink.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

don't forget to put all your guns in your car rifle rack...

you can drive a car, but not drink?

weird

11. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Under the seat is better.

12. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Yep. I got my driver's license at 16. Drinking age in Ontario is 19, Quebec 18, and New York 21.

13. Flores Registered Senior Member

Jerrek don't forget your VISA. In lieu of the terrorism in the world and president's Bush initiative to clean it, he have declared that Canada and Mexico are againest us in the war againest terrorism, US immigration officers are instructed to pay special scrutiny to Canadians.

Regradless of that, Enjoy.

14. New Life Registered Senior Member

are you at least old enough to drink in Quebec? Thats where I went for my 18th bday for my first legal drink

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

On your way to Niagra you should stop in Stratford ON (a little out of the way but meh) and get lunch at York Street Kitchen, or dinner at Bentley's. Enjoy your trip!

15. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

spend a few extra days driving aand come get me from this forsaken waste land. just go southe thru gorgia and head east thru sc till ucome to a town called irmo. il be the one lieing in the middl eof the street hoping a bus comes by and the driver doesnbt see me...

16. Flores Registered Senior Member

17. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

lol @ Flores

I can drink in Ontario and Quebec, but my friend can't, so we're not going to do the alcohol thing. I'm not big on drinking in any case. Maybe once in a while, but I don't need drugs to feel good.

18. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Just a quick question... Right on red is only illegal in New York City right?

19. New Life Registered Senior Member

you cant take a right on a red in quebec either as far as I know.....thats for sure in montreal

20. siledre Registered Senior Member

like americans really care about traffic laws..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

You can in Quebec. Montreal is still an exception.

22. New Life Registered Senior Member

i stand corrected

23. plasticwingsmelting Banned Banned

how do you expect to rent a motel room?