Cry

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Jessie, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Jessie Registered Senior Member

How often do you cry, is it a release?
    and how can we get rid of sad feeling?
    Recently, I'm not very happy with something...
    though I did my very best...but I heard someone seems not satisfied, and criticizes me badly. I can't take it anymore...I just feel quite down~~think about when you 've dedicated so much effort on something, with much expetation, then there's no feedback, no appreciation, no satisfaction...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flores Registered Senior Member

A good cry is good for you, but you have to promise yourself to find the root cause behind your depression and treat it.

Crying is mainly due to self pity or desperation. Self pity crying is okay. Even when you mourning someone, there is an element of self pity. It is almost like you are giving yourself a pat on the back for being so brave. I don't think that feeling desperate is a constructive feeling, and maybe due a chemical imbalance and requires treatment.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

And when second-rate pencil-pushing slime won't appreciate my precious time and effort it can eat-my-shit.

There's nothing worse than person 'a' beliving he's entitled to any part of person 'b'. And this applies to wheter the entitlement is to be based on either financial superiroty or on blood. Ever notice how its either a boss or a close relative always on the prowl out to push your damn buttons?

Bastards. I never let them see me cry.

sooooooooo..............when's the last time I cried and how often? I'm in college paying with pocket money. Guess.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

This happens often. Forget the bitter response. Your past efforts would respond you in another critical time.

8. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Don't expect much from others and do what you do for yourself and nobody else. It should make you happy in and of itself, if not do something else.

Anyway, I let out a good cry maybe once every couple months. I find it cathartic. A week ago i started crying on the way to work as I heard a very bitter song about resentment of a father (styrofoam plates by death cab for cutie). It touched off some deep seeded feelings i have to my father for some stuff that happened long ago. Usually, when i cry about something i tell someone about it and get it out in the open where it feels much better.

9. plasticwingsmelting Banned Banned

i rarely cry. i wish i could cry more. i cant tell you the last time i really cried, but i can think of some moments of sheer anguish...pain...loss...disappointment. think my eyes got watery the last time i watched Donnie Darko. Then a few weeks before, my eyes got teary as I fell face first into my bed in a desperate attempt of departing from the world. Before that it was probably a couple of years.

I rarely cry and I lament that.

10. siledre Registered Senior Member

Crying is an emotional response, it doesn't just occur in sadness, it occurs in joy as well as rage, I'm not sure what the purpose of eye lubrication is about under these circumstances, anyone got info on how we came to shed tears.

11. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

i cant even remember the last tim ei cried... this is ironicly sad isnt it...
    ive heard that an innabilty to cry is common w/ cutters. so i suppose im probably no the only one like that.

besides, crying is overated. it does nothing practical. its a waste of time and energy.
    bloodshed on the other hand...

12. Maia Crimson Spirit Registered Senior Member

I only cry when I get something in my eye ... guys cry?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Says plasticwings:
    Why?

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

I had dust in my eyes today, teared up a bit.
    Other than that, I haven't cried in years. Crying is weak.

15. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Yeah I just can't cry. I wish I could I remember it used to physically feel good when I was a kid but it just doesn't happen anymore no matter what.

16. Xev Registered Senior Member

Indeed, Dr. Lou. I suspect it'd be rather cathartic, and I've tried a couple of times, but I've trained myself too well.

17. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

I have had tears and aches from laughing really hard at some of The threads here and posts

18. Hitman47 Registered Senior Member

I cried at the end of watching Road to Perdition

19. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

I havnt cried in years. The last time I did was when I was 9, and I was moving for the first time. I havn't cried on a moving day since then, or on any other occasion. I would like to live in a tough image, rather then that of someone who is weak. I don't need people to try to control me, and take advantage of me.

20. SG-N Registered Senior Member

I don't cry so often, but I last cried one week ago, for my grandmother's death...

Adieu, mémé...

21. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

what will you have when you are crying... after knowing that....

22. mars2112 trailrunner Registered Senior Member

hmmm.. I cried several times in the last few weeks for a close friend of mine who committed suicide.. I don't think that's weak at all.. it's just human

23. MrMynomics The Boss Registered Senior Member

Crying is Natural, everybodies crys when the heat gets too hot.