Harmageddon

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cookiewookiedookie, Jun 24, 2003.

1. cookiewookiedookie Registered Member

Maybe i should have posted this here instead of in physics and maths -

The HAARP project consists of making an array of antennae designed to broadcast deadly explosive amounts of microwave radiation which through cubic spline interpolation (basically overlapping of waves to cancel and enchance each other at mathmatically predictable intervals) can be narrowly focussed upon a target on the opposite side of the globe. The attack happens at the speed of light meaning that there is no apparent means of defence... or is there???

The waves radiate from the source and by the time they reach their target the curvature is so great they are almost paralell to the ground in most cases (except when the target is at an extreme angle to the site of origin). The effect these waves have upon intersecting the power grid of a city would be to induce a large electrical current of the same frequency in the power grid, over all three phases (in grids where three phase power is used).

To defend such an attack, the induced power could through automatic switching be diverted into an array of capacitors designed to withstand massive currents and then released 180 degrees out of phase of the incoming radiation. By releasing the signal 180 degrees out of phase the incoming signal is cancelled out (if you remember high school physics when identical waves overlap at 180 degrees out of phase they cancel so the resulting amplitude is 0). Im not to sure about this maybe twice the power is needed to first cancel the current in the grid then broadcast enough EM radiation to cancel the incoming radiation... anyway,

Basically what I propose is that the power grids be setup so they can be used as a massive linear antenna array horizontal to the possible incoming microwave signals from a HARRP - like EM super weapon. Since it could all be automatic the defences kick in instantly with no need for human interaction.

The reason for developing a weapon is simply to intimidate opposition into bending to the will of the owner. If a defence could be built then the person who owns the defence can do as they please... unless of course a better weapon is built to randomly adjust frequencies - but more complex defences built on the same principle could then be built.

Its a scary world if you look at the facts of whats going on around us, but I don't think anyone would be allowed to build a defence system once a working EM superweapon is built. This is not pseudo science, it is happening right now most of the major economic powers are buildig such systems and have small scale versions up and running - at least publicly. These small grids of about 128 towers can already be used to cook the skies or melt the earth to the order of 700 watts or so of radiation... Once targetting systemsare perfected it wouldn't be hard to make a much much more powerful version. We should already be looking at how to defend agaist such potential attacks otherwise we are sitting ducks.

Or we could argue about useless theories all day which at the end of the day make no realistic difference to our ability to survive.

Peace and love to all...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

First off we actually need proof that such a threat can possibly exist until anyone would even consider setting up defenses. You know what people are like, we only make it safe when absolutley nessecary, not before. So the only way I can see such actions being implemented is if someone actually threatens to use something like this or someone actually uses it. It's the way it's always been.

Secondly, run, run away! You seem too smart for this place, run before they eat your brains...gooey brains...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

i think a better suited job for this sort of techonollogy would be defence. as you said "cook the skies". perhaps building a larg encloser of such grids could keep plains from flieing over head. it would fry there softwear and, possibly, the pilot. depending on what sort of microwaives are being use dof course.
    but thats expensive and would caus etrade problems and would be easy to breech. but it would stop a carpet bombing campain. of course they could shoot the towers from miles away these days.

... ive always wanted to be a military tachtician. sit around all day plotting to kil people. i do it anyways so i mite as well get paid

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.