situation puzzle II

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by MalloryKnox, Jun 22, 2003.

1. MalloryKnox Registered Senior Member

A woman in France in 1959 is waiting in her room, with all the doors
    locked from the inside, for her husband to come home. When he arrives, the
    house has burned to the ground and she's dead...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DrNeroCF Werecat Registered Senior Member

is this one of those ask a yes or no question till you get the answer? if it is, then was it night time?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

My theory...

The hot sun reflected from the woman's large mirror (which I speculate may have been imperfectly flat and therefore focused the sunlight, but I don't know for sure) and heated the lingerie she was wearing to the burning point. She was absorbed in a book at the time and didn't notice the heat until her clothing was afire. Nobody could get to her to help because her doors were locked from the inside.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DrNeroCF Werecat Registered Senior Member

nah dude, that one sucks. Until I get an answer, I'm gonna go with: she was sitting at a candlelit meal, waiting for her husband, accidently knocked a candle over, and since she was wearing a nice dress, burned quite quickly

8. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Lightning struck the house, at the very same time there was a gas leak. BOOM.... she's dead, house is gone.

9. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

She ws in a synagogue?

"Semitism in France is the fourth since 1945, and that each wave was of increasing intensity"

"The waves are of growing intensity. There were more anti-Jewish incidents, including burning of synagogues, in the 1970s than in '59-'60,..."

http://wordofmessiah.org/france_antisemitism.htm

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

It was a crematorium?

11. dribbler Banned Banned

god it looks like you may have plagarized

12. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

she was very upset her husband left her and she had just finished a very angry, yet romantic, scuicide note.
    she turned on the gass and lit a candle layd on her bed and died in a bueatifull firy explosion taking out both the neghbors houses and a woman walking her dog by the street.

i had a difrent theory but seeing as ive already been threated w/ geting banned due to violant posts today im toning it down a smidg...

13. StepOnMe Registered Senior Member

Suicide? Nawww. No one lights themselves on fire to kill themselves. I think she just had a big ass and knocked over the candle on the table. Seems reasonable. lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

WHAT are you trying to say here fool> how is it a puzzle?

15. Ste_harris Net Ninja Registered Senior Member

The husband doesnt return home for several decades as he left his wife for another woman. His wife at first couldnt except that he was gone and locked herself away but eventually got over him and remarried had several children and led a happy life and died in bed with all of her children and gran-children around her, her final wish was for her old house to be burnt down so that the family could collect the insurance, which her loving family did. So on the original husbands return, the house had been burnt down and his ex-wife was dead.

16. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

The puzzle does not say anything about someone else being in the room. So, my theory is that someone got in the house before the husband left, then she locked the doors convinced she was safe. Them the man attacked her. To get rid of the evidence, he burned the house down. However, he started at one corner to provide an exit.

17. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Any answer you give, based on reason, will be valid so no point
    arguing about it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Spontaneous combustion.

~Raithere

19. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The woman in France is a statue of a dead woman. 1959 is the address where the museum is located. Her husband is another statue. Home is Rome. By the time the statue of the husband arrives, Rome has fallen. The woman was already dead.

20. Dang . . . is that it, Mallory?