new home - friends' reaction

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by dribbler, Jun 22, 2003.

1. dribbler Banned Banned

my Fiance and i are building a new home. it is quite large - 3000 sq ft. plus an additional 1000 when we finish the basement.

the situation begins when we show our friends' the home. now this is supposed to be something you are very proud of and a sense of accoplishment. however, our friends, some of them, appear to have no interest or seem envious or jealous. this bothers the both of us because we are in no way trying to outdo anyone.

our reasoning for the house is because one room is an office and the others will be for when we have children. we, especially i, hate moving and want to do this once and only once. we see people start off with "starter homes" and end up running out of room.

question, are we good planners, cynical or showoffs?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dribbler Banned Banned

pardon my spelling, i have had a beer this evening.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. siledre Registered Senior Member

If they are truly friends they would share your enthusiasm, sounds like you found a way to weed out those that arent really your friends. I would say you're good planners.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

Probably all of the above! Having bought a house that was always going to be unsuitable at some point(now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

), I now regret not waiting & planning 5+ years ahead rather than 1 or 2. If your proud of an achievment, you have to show it off

, I'd say they're feeling sorry for themselves.

8. Jade Squirrel Impassioned Atheist Registered Senior Member

dribbler,

Wow, sounds like you are in the exact situation my fiancée and I are in. We're also building a new house, although it is a meager 2245 square feet, and including three rooms for the children anticipated over the next few years or so.

I would definitely say you're good planners. I don't see any cynicism in your actions in this regard; in fact, I see quite the opposite. As for showing off, that depends on whether you are doing this to impress or because it is just something you want for yourselves.

Best of luck!

9. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

I'd say good planners.

10. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

some1 i know tried to move... there new house somehow burnd down while they were grocery shopping...

11. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

Some people have all the luck

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

my room is 10m2....haha....

13. fredx Banned Banned

people have a hard time dealing with change, don't get discouraged, they will see beyond their personal feelings and they will be happy for you.