Blacklight

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by exsto_human, Jun 21, 2003.

1. exsto_human Transitional Registered Senior Member

I think I'm addicted to blacklight, I just got one and hung it in my room along with some white posters, and I simply love having it on. It makes me feel quite serene, and helps with relaxation for meditaions. (I think some good :m: would be awesome in a blacklit room, haven't tried it yet)

I understand that the blacklight emmits UVA, but I am not sure how much and if the emmitance is strong enough to give me a tan

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(allbeit slowly) as I have a low energy bulb 15W/230V which supposedly has the same effect as a 75W.

Any thoughts?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

i have strange obbsesion w/ colord lights. i collect them and fill my room w/ em.
    i had a black light that i had in my room on all the time but after geting used to it for a few eeks i had trouble seeing in normal light and evrything was fuzzy looking. besides it makes...(cough cough* stains... show up brightly.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DrNeroCF Werecat Registered Senior Member

ooh hell yea, only its glow in the dark spray paint for me, and blacklights, and two red lights and one of them flicker-bulbs...check this

all over the ceiling I got spots of the spray paint, and strips on each fan blade so it makes just a glowing ring. a few random pics on the walls with some eyes over my bed, lots of writing in the closet in glow in the dark chalk, and a flicker bulb and red bulb in the ceiling fan..

my room is truly trippy..heh oh yeah

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exsto_human Transitional Registered Senior Member

Cool, I am slowly developing an obsession for creating a psychedelic atmosphere in my room.

I hope my eyes will be ok, there is no warning label on the box so I guess I can always sue when I am clinicaly blind before the age of 60.

8. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

it only lasted a couple days and it may of been caused by somthing eles. i do belive it wa sthe light tho but i simply have no proof.

where can i get glow paint?

9. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Glow in the dark spray? I must get that.
    I collect psychedelic lamps, I just love them.
    I'm going to get blacklights for my two display windows, they will light up the clothes nicely.

10. DrNeroCF Werecat Registered Senior Member

actually, as far as I know, you can only get the stuff at Party City during Holloween, I think its pretty rare. Well, down here anyway.

11. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

i think michleals or other crafts toors mite. but i hjate going there. its all frumpy fat ol farts buying tea coseys and faske flowers.
    besides i cant go to the one nearest me. a big insedent w/ the flower desplay.