What kind of car do you like?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Jerrek, Jun 21, 2003.

?

What kind of car do you like, given your current lifestyle?

1. Econobox, something small. Really small. (Toyota Echo, VW Golf, etc.) (under 2.0L)

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Something regularly sized, between 2.0L and 3.6L

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. A big car, like a Lincoln, Mercedes. A boat really.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A muscle car, or sports car.

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. SUV, or some four weel drive vehicle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Truck

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. Minivan

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Other

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

I'm not asking for names, but for every day use with your current lifestyle, what would you prefer?

I like something with muscle. I hate econobox cars. I love a big V8 3.6L engine that shows some muscle. Yes, it guzzles more gas, but it sure is nice to have and worth it for me.

Later on in life I'd like a minivan for my family, and a plain, simple truck. I couldn't care for econoboxes or SUVs.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Italian sport cars.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

Smallest fastest engine but that way it looks funny when a V8 3.6 liter "muscle car" (bunny ears) gets his ass spanked on the street.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

Yes they are good I especially like their price tag $999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 and the ferrari is yours!

8. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

a fully loaded assualt tank with missile launcher and anti-persanel chain guns. with really thick armor.
    and treads w/ really long spikes... that would just look so kool.

9. siledre Registered Senior Member

A huge 4x4 truck with a 300 lb titanium bumber with retractable foot long stainless steel spikes.

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

11. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Pagani. Specifically the one seen above. (wolf=sarge?...)

12. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

Ford F9,000,000,000,000,000 super duper pooper duper heavy doody 6x6x6x6x6x6 with 200000inch blinding shinning rims! Aka the moving road block by day and the underground parking garage by night.

13. Belle Registered Senior Member

I'm all about the trucks!! Woo buddy.
    Of course, I wouldn't mind having a '68 Shelby Cobra *drools*

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I have a bicycle...about 8 years old...

15. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Muscular... a growling tough car.... i don't like the new designs which have come out. I prefer 70s 80s styling.

16. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

and mortars... yah. mortars would be a great final touch.

and a flame thrower.

and porpellers and wings. yah. a flying tank...

17. aghart Registered Senior Member

Size matters

Jerrek, Only an american could say that an engine below 2 Litres was small and that anything between 2 and 3.6 litres was average.

I drive a Rover 400 with an 'average; (UK)size 1.6 litre engine.

2 litre is big, 3.6 is 'HUGE' and 4 litre?. well you are on the Greenpeace death list.

Don't get me wrong, the bigger the better as far as I'm concerned but here in the UK we have the most congested roads in Europe (probobly in the world) not helped by the daily school run where mothers use monster size 4x4 vehicles to drop little sally off and then take the vehicle and it's cross country performance to the supermarket for the major event of the week.

Most 4X4 vehicles in the UK never even get their tyres dirty. Strange how our own Land Rover marque has grown really.

18. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

jagjagjagjagjag! i have a thing for jags. i reeeeally want one. but my mom insists i should have a "safe" car, meaning big and boatlike, so she's getting me a bmw. how jags are not safe is beyond me.

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Alfa fucking Romeo!

And a Soviet T-34 tank. With some...improvements.

20. aghart Registered Senior Member

A man who knows his stuff!!!!
    well maybe not!!!

21. MrMynomics The Boss Registered Senior Member

A car without turbo kits isnt a car, sports cars are fast, they should be, but when you get turbokits which are expensive, but once your car gets turbo, you aint going back, you become a king on wheels.The addiction doesnt stop, you will be wastin your money on the urge of becoming the greatest driver in the world, the fastest car in hand, the chicks will stare, they see they hop, they pop and damn they aint gonna stop.Do you know you went over the speed limit, oh sorry mister officer, my car isnt street legal, well the car is greater than the speed ticket, go down ticketmaster and you aint gonna get a ticket for speeding in my car, your'e going down.Dont Drink and Drive in a Expensive TurboCar Kids, do it in a Shed, nice and slow for your attributes, Dont Drink and Drive.

22. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Alfa fucking Romeo is fucking weak......Jaguar S type for luxary otherwise....

....Pagani FUCKING Zonda.

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

Jags...piffle. The only thing Jags are good for is spraypainting Marxist slogans on.