Enlightenment

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Jocariah, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jocariah Registered Senior Member

As far as enlightenment is concerned, there is no tenet, save one; except it delivers information, it is of no use, for enlightenment is nothing, if not grounded fully in information.

Enlightenment is information that has been recognized (one becomes aware of), processed (thought through, reasoned out, comprehended), integrated (made part of one’s operating system, one’s habitual thought processes) and utilized (lived out, experienced first hand) - therefore it may be said that enlightenment is the gathering, processing, integration and utilization of information - or put yet another way, enlightenment is information that has been received, understood, assimilated and acted upon. Once acted upon, enlightenment builds neuro-passageways throughout the brain that can then be passed down from generation to generation via the genetic building blocks of heredity. Genetic material is a vehicle, a carrier – a carrier that can be made us of, where enlightenment is concerned.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Bravo!

I really don't know what to say. Perhaps I should just get down on my knees and give thanks to the great Jocariah for providing me with non-sense?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. plasticwingsmelting Banned Banned

my kids will listen to metal

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Jocariah,

did they kick you out of pseudoscience?

8. Jocariah Registered Senior Member

These were but by opening remarks to what I had planned on saying regarding enlightenment.

How is it that you are able to comment so effectively on my opening remarks? Is it that you understand what it is that I have planned on saying?

Maybe you should tell me, since you have decided to comment herein, your thoughts on enlightenment - so that together, we may both see clearly our thoughts on this subject.

Or is it that you no intention of offering up your thoughts and ideas on this matter, but merely criticize mine?

Simply because you do not see something doesn't mean that something is not there.

9. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Jocariah, what's the point of this cross posting? You've already posted this in pseudoscience, and it failed there, why do you think that things are going to be any better here?

10. Aries Registered Member

ok, what the shit are you smoking? Take a look at Tau-te ching, Lau-tzu's Five Thousand Words, or anything concerning Buddhism. You've got the basic gist of of it, but you've got to much of a linear out look. Its not like reading a book or watching a film, its an awakening, a supreme knowledge. Please, if you or anyone wants to comment on subject, dont do so like an ass, know what your talking about.

11. Jocariah Registered Senior Member

Hello Aries,

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

These are simply my ideas; there are no absolutes here. If they align with the ideas of others, so be it.

In particular, your comments; "Please, if you or anyone wants to comment on subject, don’t do so like an ass, know what you’re talking about."

Know what I'm talking about - according to whom? Someone else's ideas or phylosophy? Some pre-established doctrine of some sort that you are familiar with?

Enlightenment is a subject that I decided to write about - these are simply my ideas. Comparing them to the ideas of another, and then saying for me to know these other ideas on enlightenment that you are familiar with, so as not for me to "do so like an ass", makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Tell me your ideas on enlightenment - why reference the ideas of others. It’s your ideas that I am interested in.

If you have no ideas, why comment?

There are no prior ideas or doctrines, that I am aware of, that hold the patent on enlightenment.

Cheers

12. apendrapew Oral defecator Registered Senior Member

Initially, I thought this "enlightenment" thread was about the state of being described in New Age books and Buddhism. But the way you presented it really seems like you could have replaced the word enlightenment with "learning" in every instance. There is a huge difference. As for enlightenment being able to carry learned behaviors through DNA I've never heard of. I'd like to hear more about this.

13. Jocariah Registered Senior Member

With all due respect, nor wishing to be perceived as being rude, I see no point whatsoever in perusing discourse of any kind. I find your manner both offensive and condescending. I’m sure there are others within this forum that are willing to engage you in this combative style of yours.

Bon appétit

14. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

I would like to thank all those who have posted in this thread for a collosal waste of my time. I'd also like to give thanks to all those who suported them through childhood, that vulnerable time which shaped them into the posting machines that they are. I would also like to state that i do not wish you dead for the sole reason that the number of man hours that went into raising you would make it so wastly that i just can't think of, pfft omg. Anyways, thank you.

15. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

bwahaaha

i grow fonder of you everyday

16. Jocariah Registered Senior Member

Hello apendrapew,

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Before I respond more directly to your remarks, I ask that you might first afford me the opportunity of replying over several posts, and that I may start by stating the following:

There is no axiom, no truism that can sum up enlightenment, but if there were a single word that could be applied to it, to quantify its root source, the core or thread running through it, it would most probably be genetics.

Genetics is responsible for all things human, all things that appear to us as tendencies, traits, behavior patterns and such – for even learned behavior patterns are transferred into our genetic make-up as we live and record the events of our life.

“Enlightenment is the gathering, processing, integration and utilization of information - or put another way, enlightenment is information that has been received, understood, assimilated and then acted upon.”

As we integrate and assimilate enlightenment then, it is transferred and recorded in our very genetic make-up, which can then be passed down through the generations, from one generation to the next, and so on and so forth – with each passing generation becoming more enlightened.

17. Jocariah Registered Senior Member

apendrapew,

One of the great things about presenting one’s own ideas is that by so doing, we are afforded the opportunity to define the concepts presented as we see fit.

We need not rely on terms, keywords, phrases or the like, that have pre-established definitions. We can, if afforded the opportunity, add a new definition or meaning to whatever word or phrase we choose.

That is why for my first post I defined my use of the term enlightenment.

So as to build a foundation of sorts for further discussion.

18. siledre Registered Senior Member

I used to think that way about oxygen but because I can't see it I have suffocated through 30 seperate lives so I don't think oxygen is really there... hmmm.. or maybe its those damn plastic bags I keep putting over my head.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Jocariah Registered Senior Member

apendrapew,

Main Entry: learn·ing
    Function: noun
    1 : the act or experience of one that learns
    2 : knowledge or skill acquired by instruction or study
    3 : modification of a behavioral tendency by experience (as exposure to conditioning)

Main Entry: learn
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): learned 'lernd, 'lernt/; learn·ing
    1 a (1) : to gain knowledge or understanding of or skill in by study, instruction, or experience <learn a trade> (2) : MEMORIZE <learn the lines of a play> b : to come to be able <learn to dance> c : to come to realize <learned that honesty paid .

Main Entry: in·for·ma·tion
    Function: noun
    1 : the communication or reception of knowledge or intelligence
    2 a (1) : knowledge obtained from investigation, study, or instruction (2) : INTELLIGENCE, NEWS (3) : FACTS, DATA b : the attribute inherent in and communicated by one of two or more alternative sequences or arrangements of something (as nucleotides in DNA or binary digits in a computer program) that produce specific effects c (1) : a signal or character (as in a communication system or computer) representing data (2) : something (as a message, experimental data, or a picture) which justifies change in a construct (as a plan or theory) that represents physical or mental experience or another construct d : a quantitative measure of the content of information; specifically : a numerical quantity that measures the uncertainty in the outcome of an experiment to be performed

.................................................................................

"Learning" relates to enlightenment via information.

Enlightenment is an ongoing process; ongoing within the individual, and ongoing within the development of mankind.

We humans are not stagnant, we are flowing, moving creatures, from birth until death, we radiate a frequency based on the amount of information or knowledge we maintain or are able to house.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2003
  20. Jocariah Registered Senior Member

apendrapew,

Genetic structure establishes, by its very nature, parameters with which it follows. Trains operate on tracks, lay the track and the train in turn has a means, a parameter, in which to operate. Creator gods, for lack of a more universally recognizable or mutually agreed upon term, create with the means that they are familiar with, the material with which they have at hand, the building blocks as it were, that they are used to working with; in our case genetic material.

Once designed, genetically based systems, such as us, can be tweaked or altered, primarily by genetic manipulation, but also by the effects, or influences, of time and environment (which includes the acquisition of information on our part) as well - (as a side note here, the genetic systems ability to be effected by environmental influences over time, was and is a feature or aspect designed in to these very systems from the start).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2003
  21. siledre Registered Senior Member

Have you ever laughed?

22. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

Jocariah

SEE HOW MUCH SICKNESS IS WIDESPREAD THROUGH THE MINDS OF THE POTENTIAL TEACHERS AND PARENTS OF CHILDREN

THERE ARE ONLY A FEW WAYS THIS CAN BE DEALT WITH
    WARS have always been used by the retarded to deal with fears
    however this is self defeating for an educational aproach
    given the enormity of the situation

the education systems are fataly flawed
    and used as hunting grounds by those who have posted on this thread with self proclaimed subjegational arrogant small minded intent
    these people are not fit to be parents
    yet are allowed to breed and educate others with thier poisened minds

what is your suggestion to combat this fatal flaw obviousely PEACEFUL RESOLUTION IS CRITICAL FOR mental retardation like these people have but how would one achive it without stopping the wheels of industry
    maybe selective reprogramming area by area with travel ristrictions

OR TO TAKE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE EDUCATION SYSTEMS
    would be another easyer way and outlaw all private schools
    for children under 18 years of age

since when did mentaly ill people voleunteer for the correct therapy?
    if you see my point
    GOOD LUCK
    youl need it

my personal beliefe is to take control and re-structure the schools and allow it to be bred out with the next 3 or so generations

groove on all

23. Aries Registered Member

Jocariah, I see your points here. But I would like to point out that when you spoke of enlightenment, a term that has been used for the same manner for centuries uncounted, I thought only that you were speaking in relation to that sence. I was unaware that you were stating your own opinions on the matter. But we will speak of this later, I have to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.