are you satisfied with your appearance?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sisay, Jun 16, 2003.

1. sisay Guest

well as the subject says, are you satisfied with the way you look, do you think you look good or is there something you would like to change if you could (or will change in the future)?

And how important is good looks in your life? I myself rate good looks pretty high not just for myself but for my partners also.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

I'd just get rid of the knot in my head from a pencil stabbing in 7th grade. Other than that I'd stay the way I am. I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything, I'm just content with myself. And after all, it's all relative. Not everyone has the same tastes so whos mold would you be trying to fill?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exsto_human Transitional Registered Senior Member

I hate mirrors and try to avoid them as best I can.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

edit: Infact anything even remotely reflective.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Ditto...i can't stand my face or the rest of the accompanying mass that goes along with it.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

People always compliment me on my ugliness.

9. plasticwingsmelting Banned Banned

i have a big head

10. Zero Banned Banned

Uh...I'd wish for some good hair, attractive face, maybe big boobs and sexy hips...oh wait, DAMN I forgot I was male. Never mind.

11. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Sisay, you should have made a poll out of this.
    I'm fairly pleased with my appearance most of the time, but sometimes I do feel like ugliest creature in the universe, but I guess we all have those days.

12. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i'm pretty decent looking but i don't care. i want to be smarter dammit! smarter! i want to know everything. i'd consent to plastic surgery to make me the ugliest person alive if i could be made the smartest.

if the god won't allow that and i can only change my appearance...i don't really need to cause i'm young. yoga and nutrition should keep away the aging. i'm not vain besides. i don't care about appearances in a mate. that is the truth. people always say that but there is some standard for looks they still hold onto. it's not an issue for me. give me a naked brain and i could love it. i have extremely high standards; if they included looks, then those wouldn't be very high standards, would they?

13. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

People's faces do actually change appearance to me over time, i.e., as I get to know their personality. I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but when I compare how someone looked when I first met them, and how they appear to me after I know them considerably well, then there is quite a difference.

14. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I don't think I look that bad, but my face is a little pudgy, as is my body. I'm in the process of trying to correct this. I doubt I'll ever be satisfied.

There's also the problem with the acne, which, although now minor to moderate, never seems to go away. I don't get new breakouts, but the old pimples just don't change at all...

15. spookz Banned Banned

lets just say the notre dame guy aint got nothing on me

16. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I hear you man..i hear you..even with notre dame dude suffering from certinism i still beat his ass.

17. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

Don't care really. I imagine not many people would care if you were the greatest fuck on earth. What I mean is; even if you were the ugliest person around, if someone took the time to get to know your personality, and then you got down to it, and you could satisfy them in ways no one else could, then I don't think it would really matter.

(Plus I've said how I think people faces appear to change after you know them, anyway)

I'm satisfied, but I wish I could sort out my skin.

It's not too good, but it could be worse.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2003
  18. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

Im fucking ugly ....As soon as we can buy robot bodies and transfer our minds from one too the other im in!

19. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

lol. I'll let you know when I'm there!

Personally I think all things are generally equal. I'm sorry to bring this up (again), but Oedopol. The more attractive the parent, the more trouble the child will be...! (and there are other examples showing equality).

I would say all things are generally equal (for the most part).

Why not transfer your brain into a duck instead??

20. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

No apearance stays the same ..its just your prespective of them that changes

21. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

Yeah that's what I mean pacingyourname! To other people, our faces change the more they get to know us. It is true that physically good looking people can appear ugly, through personality, and vice versa. When you consider what it is like when you really know someone, and think back to when you met them for the very first time, the difference is quite notable.

22. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

I'll admit it, I am huge! I'm a good 30 or 40 pounds overweight, and I'm trying my best to get rid of it. the thing is, I am actually one of the few people who say that I have a weight problem and there are kids at my school who are bigger than me! My main deal is that whenever I'm bored at home, I always find myself going to the fridge for no reason at all.

23. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I am satisfied with what I look like.
    If simply because it means very little to me.

As for my partner...
    I have to be attracted to them, mentally, physically, spirituallt etc.
    But that doesn't mean I have some set standards they must fall into.

There are quite a few people that I have found attractive that other people look at me as if I am insane.
    What I see in someone's eyes and their demeanor has a great deal to do with when considering if I find them physically attractive. (not ooooooo look at the pretty color of those eyes, more like the person I see inside their eyes)

What color eyes, or hair they have...
    What kind of clothes they wear...
    The overall shape of their body...
    These things really hold a lot less importance for me than everything else.

On the other hand...
    I definitely could see a woman that is asthetically pleasing and be sexually attracted to them.
    I just know that it takes a LOT more than that to be happy with someone.
    Sex is important, but it only takes me so far.