money...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by fredx, Jun 16, 2003.

1. fredx Banned Banned

I have a new theory. There is an old saw that goes "money makes the world go round". There is an older one that says "money is the root of all evil". I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine, a real one, not a fake internet leach, and he told me that it is "greed" and "arrogance" that cause "evil". Of course, you know me, I can't see anything in the typical light.

My theory is that there is "evil" in the very nature of money.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thaug Registered Senior Member

Money is just a medium of exchange. Evil comes from humans. So if money is evil it is only because humans have it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

therefore evilness is to be found in the very nature of fredx "the fake internet leech"
    yes? no ?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

:bugeye: what are you getting at????

Actually your friend is right but then again you have already said the reason why you will not take into account what i have said.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Money isn't the root of all evil.....lack of money is the root of all evil

8. fredx Banned Banned

if you think about it, thats a pernicious lie, but you can believe what you want to believe, I can't stop you know can I?

9. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

Evil is just a social construction.

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

So is money.

11. siledre Registered Senior Member

The actual passage is "the love of money is the root of all evil"
    so he is correct, the problem with money isn't so much in the money itself, it's what it represents outside of the obvious medium of exchange.

12. fredx Banned Banned

I am never right, huh? Nobody agrees with me. F' you guys.

Anyway, evil is not just a "social convention", I have seen its ugly face many times on my trips around the globe.

13. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

So, you think green paper would also bare its claws on an island de-conceptualized of money as it does when you're hungry and broke?

Money is nothing where its not idealized.

14. fredx Banned Banned

thats beautifully rational but not realistic.

15. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Not realistic in the sense that...............?

16. fredx Banned Banned

well, I have written a book and the day I plan to release it, you will know exactly what I mean. Until then, I won't give you all my secrets.

17. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Well, by god, you'd think by now having written a wholebook surely the man would have at least something to say on a 2" X 2" post.

Correct me if wrong, laddie, but did you not already have a book copywrit? If so, where?

18. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

The original quote was "The love of money is the root of all evil". It has become shortened and the original meaning lost over time. Timothy 6:10, Look it up. Not only that, but some researchers claim the the original text could also be translated as "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil".

Money is bits of metal and paper, people. Humans desire it, some go further than what is considered honorable to get it. That in no way makes the bits of paper responsible.

Personally, I believe that the lack of money is also a root of evil, but that's just me...

19. jps Valued Senior Member

i agree with you. money is evil.

20. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Crap. Forcing human characteristics and failings on chunks of paper is not going to change anything. Neither, apparently, is forcing humans to confront their own failings, but at least the blame will be laid firmly at the feet of where it belongs.

21. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Money is not the root of "evil". I suggest reading the passage
    dealing with this in Atlas Shrugged. Francisco D'Anconia says it
    best...

22. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Evil is man's stupidity, acted out in various ways. Money is a neutral thing, it can be either a blessing or an evil, depending on interpretation and use by various individuals.

23. Blueapples Banned Banned

"The love of money is the root of all evil". maybe......
    evil is created by selfishness,therefore the love of money creates more selfishness and greed.Greed will activate the fire of arrogance , and arrogance the storm of pride creating more evil...