TTS Dream Manipulation

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Jack, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Registered Member

Liquid Dream II is a program that uses a Microsoft Agent Character called Merlin who talks to you, does reality checks, guides you into meditation, and reminds you that you are dreaming whilst you are dreaming; giving you full conscious control over your actions in your dreams.

If the matrix uses electrical impulses to fully control what you dream, then this program is the first step in the thousand mile journey of achieving this by using a text-to-speech engine and some hypnosis / mind programming to directly influence the content your dreams. After a few days of using this program, Merlin basically pops up in your dreams (at night when you are sleeping) and speaks any pre-input text to you, giving you the ability to act it out.

If you take this a few leaps further (add visual interaction and maybe also touch and then find a way to "read" the dream aswell, instead of just "writing" to it), then it seems extremely likely that something like the matrix could be completed in a couple of years. I doubt it would end up turning into a power plant, but rather a new type of game where you and your mates connect and meet up in a common dream world governed by IF statements and using the brain as the processor (then you have the capacity to instintantly create AI). And once you become skilled enough, you can maniualte the coding and have abilities like Neo...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

What exactly is this program supposed to be? I understand the "Dream journal" thing, but it kind of looses me when it says the little wizard character is supposed to guide you from consiousness to sleep and tell you when you are dreaming.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Haha look at the companie's beautiful and professional looking website *note the sarcasm*

http://www.liquid-dream.com/

This should probably be in pseudoscience or parapsychology.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I actually think the basic idea behind the software is sound. Beeping watches and blinking headset are common lucid dreaming techniques. TTS just seems to take it to the next level.

However, I have a feeling that jack is the devloper... as the same post is on different boards under different names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.