Albert Einstein on Jews

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Serenus, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Serenus Registered Member

Anti-Semitism is nothing but the antagonistic attitude produced in the non-Jew by the Jewish group. The Jewish group has thrived on oppression and on the antagonism it has forever met in the world... the root cause is their use of enemies they create in order to keep solidarity...

--- Albert Einstein, quoted in Collier's Magazine, November 26, 1938

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

Just out of curiousity, where did you get this quote?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Serenus Registered Member

I'm not asking this in a spiteful manner, but, do you have some sort of visual problem? Apparently you didn't see the source.

If that's the case, I'll point it out for you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

No.

"The formation of groups has an invigorating effect in all spheres of human striving, perhaps mostly due to the struggle between the convictions and aims represented by the different groups. The Jews too form such a group with a definite character of its own, and anti-Semitism is nothing but the antagonistic attitude produced in the non-Jews by the Jewish group. This is a normal social reaction. But for the political abuse resulting from it, it might never have been designated by a special name."

"Perhaps even more than on its own tradition, the Jewish group has thrived on oppression and on antagonism it has forever met in the world. Here undoubtedly lies one of the main reasons for its continued existence through so many thousands of years."

Source: Out of My Later Years by Albert Einstein

8. weebee Registered Senior Member

For someone who everyone quotes as being dyslexic he sure did have a way with words.