Test The Nation (US - IQ)

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Tigers2B1, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Tigers2B1 Registered Member

I understand that on June 9th at 7pm Central Time the Fox network will run a two-hour program called Test The Nation. This is based on a popular program by the same name that has aired in England over the past few years.

So you think you’re IQ smart? How about taking this National 2003 IQ test I found on the BBC site. BBC apparently sponsors the British version of the show. While I KNOW you guys are smart as hell – I’ll still wager we will not see any 140 scores on this test! This is not your typical on-line IQ test.

Here’s the link to that BBC IQ test – for those who care and dare-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/takethetest/

I should add that the average ON-LINE test taker score during the British version was about 105. Depending on the city it ranged from 103 to 107. Just so we don’t have too may bruised egos.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

I got 129. It's definitely tougher than the other IQ tests on the net? How much did you get Tigers 2B1?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Agent Smith Registered Senior Member

The fox network is crazy.......i swear, joe millionare,temptation island ,AMERICAN IDOL JR., man vs. beast....what's next.
    Even though my iq is ranged from 114-135(several online tests)I still think IQ is bull.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

lang 10/12
    memory 11/12
    logic 21/22
    numbers 12/12
    perceptioin 10/12

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I got a 73...BOO-YAH......i am a flaming retard...guess giving up on math does that to you huh

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Mine ranges from 100 to 131 on the net...man i've let go..i am getting stupider by the day

9. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

10. river-wind Valued Senior Member

i agree. Heavily reagion-biased, and if your mom never used the phrase "A stich in Nine" while you were growing up, then you can't get that one right.

what does this mean:
    "Du hade 14 rätt av 18 möjliga.
    Du har möjlighet att klara inträdesprovet.

Vill du göra det riktiga testet..?
    Intresse-anmälan till Mensas test här.

Så här många har gett sig på testet: .

Prova även Mensa Danmarks provtest!

Ytterligare IQ test på nätet finns länkade här."

from the above link

11. Binary Registered Senior Member

There's quite a difference between IQ test, and IEQ test(aka power IQ test). Although I can't read that language, I don't see any indication of a time limit, and the problems look to be intended more to only measure ones logical sequence recognition. I know the level of that sort of problem solving is relative to the measure of other areas of cognitive fuctionality, but as far as I know the accuracey of such test are still widely disputed. Also, there are many orginizations that don't accept their scores. Don't get me wrong, these are obviously the superior test for measuring general cognitive potential and/or usage. Personally, I agree with IEQ test methods and results a lot more than I do with traditional IQ test.

Admittedly I think there are much clearer indicators of intelligence which can merely be observed from watching some one. How conscious one is has a significant impact on the way they interact and approach different task aswell as on the methods used to solve certain problems. Of course that's really an aqiured ability of interest, so I wouldn't expected most people to be able discern such things, or prabably even care to.

Well, my test result was only 103, I usely range from 126-154 for online IQ test. I know it might seem low, but the only reason I take IQ test is to study them really. As well of course to experiment with the effects that varying degrees of focus and priority have on the scoring. For this test I used a causual priotiy, with moderate focus to hopefully ensure a high enough adaptibility in case there were any foreign concepts and/or I had to do a recall of rarely used information. I also used music to act as a slight distraction.

Does anyone have other links to some more online IQ test you think have a substaintial degree of uniqueness to either its questions or approach?

12. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

It means

"You had 14 correct answers out of 18
    You have a chance to pass the real mensa test, do you want to
    take it? (And a link to where you sign up)

blablabla.. "

13. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

Did any of you see the program that aired on the 9th?

I saw parts of it, it made me want to cry.

14. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yes i did, such a sad..SAD way to measure your IQ...it was nothing more than another cheap programming by FOX because they believe in that sort of cheap reality stuff.

15. jps Valued Senior Member

I don't believe intelligence can be measured on a standardized test.
    I'm certain that it can't be measured on any of these online tests.

16. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

Yeah, if we're going to measure intelligence, we have to measure it on "all" levels, if that's even possible. This includes measuring emotional intelligence. I haven't seen an IQ test that has ventured into this area yet.

17. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

I guess what a good test would be after is measuring how fast braincells connect with each other forming memories or connecting old memories forming new understanding. But to do that you would have to first do a test, then come back and do a new test based on how much you learned from the old test and somehow measure how much of it you understood.

18. strategicman Registered Senior Member

My IQ is 122, but does anybody know much about if it could increase as I mature? I'm only 14, and I heard once that your brain doesn't fully develope until you're 18. So somebody please tell me, ,thanks.

19. river-wind Valued Senior Member

woo-hoo me is smart!

Well, it tends to be that after you hit 20 or so, your IQ score starts going down. you don't get any dumber, it's just that your life is focused on different things. I don't often match dot patterns while at works, but I did many similar jobs while in school.

My IQ, however, has gone up over the years. I first took an IQ test in 4th grade, and did well. Every 4 years I took it again, and it went up. I'm 24 now, and haven't taken the test in quite a while, So I don't know if I'm loosing track of my brain now.

20. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i had a hard time with the britishness of it. it would have been easier with an americanized version of it.