"Idaho Gem": Scientific Triumph Or Marker On The Road To The 'Ultimate Abomination' ?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Killjoy, May 31, 2003.

1. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

(The "Ultimate Abomination", being a human clone - not necessarily in my opinion...)

Well...
    They went & cloned themselves a mule....
    Cute li'l bugger, but what does it represent?
    Further transgression against the "natural order", or stepping stone to further accomplishments in the field of genetics?
    (Presumably progressing eventually to primate clones, and ultimately "you know who")

Thoughts?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

Stepping stone to futher accomplishment (cancer/medical), IMO.
    If God doesnt agree then He should step in and stop it, also IMO.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Halcyon Guest

For anyone caring to argue that it's morally worng and/or the god perspective; God, if one believes in it, gave us free will, the choice to do whatever the hell we want. Morals are relative, and one might even be reminded of the old quote: "For a good cause, wrongdoing is virtuous." If this aids us in any way, helps us to gain any sort of understanding, then how can it be ultimately wrong? And then, who has the right to decide whether it is right or wrong? I don't think it's "wrong," I think it's an opportunity to gain a better understanding of life, and if it blows up in our face, then it blows up in our face. Doing something and making a mistake is a far better lesson than not doing anything at all.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. drnihili Registered Senior Member

Idaho Gem is in Idaho.
    My ex is in Idaho.
    My ex is an abomination.
    Ergo, Idaho Gem is an abomination.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum Baby.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Ectropic Registered Senior Member

There was just an article in Scientific American last month about cloning. They talked about the first test tube baby and the nearly identical reactions people had to that as compared to clones. I think that after the first one there will be not much of an interest in it anymore just like we have today with in vitro.

Scientific American Article