Imagine this

Discussion in 'World Events' started by JoojooSpaceape, May 19, 2003.

1. JoojooSpaceape Burn in hell Hippies Registered Senior Member

Imagine this, america is pushed down, after a war, our army is forced to be put at 1/10th its strength, we become instantly poor, a 3rd world country, a man comes up and decides to stand againtst it, He manages through war to pull america out of hte slums and bring new honor to its name, There will be a second reply to this, but i want to see how you reply to this first. what would you think of this man?

(for those of you who know what im shooting at dont say anything)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

well I'd think he's pretty great, good for him, and all, but then the hypothetical situation is pretty shallow so don't go trying to make me look like some sort of fascist who supports a baby killer and a tyrant, because none of that was stated in your little hypothetical situation.

Also, I'm thinking that the rest of the situation is going to be making this guy out to be the next Hitler, or something, and that's a pretty transparent ploy. I wouldn't follow some guy who grabs up all the damn power he can and bring us into a dictatorship, and certainly wouldn't approve if he starts supporting a eugenics program, and starts talking about inferior races, and all that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Well, first off, everybody gets their comeuppance. If America falls then so be it. I say if they can fall that easily they never deserved to be powerful in the first place. So lets just leave that one alone. It's pure speculation and I have a hard time seeing a modernized society falling like that.

Now, onto the point of this 'great Fuhrer.' You know what I think of him. He's a hypocrite plain and simple. Any peaceful, right minded leader can see that global problems begin with the cause and terminate with the solution. So, there's absolutely no point trying to solve a problem by destroying the cause which is already dead and less intelligent anyways. You'll never win and if anything, will die trying just like our good old friend did.

A true politician would solve the problem not by going to war, but by resolving the conflicts which exist and pulling the two sides closer together. Why? ...Because seeing conflict from an omnipotent level is more Godly, and therefore superior. Man is petty and wants to destroy itself. We want to become beasts again.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what does this have to do with ethics?

8. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Um..Asguard, I think he's trying to stirr up discussion on the ethics and morality of Hitler.

Just speculation

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Oh wow, so original, the shaded Hitler references.

These questions are 100% useless. I mean it, there is zero use to them. There is zero point, and they make me feel like people have wasted precious seconds of their life.

Here, imagine this:
    A friend of yours stands in front of you. He points at you. Are you still friends?

Everyone in the world answers: Yes.

Then you reveal the second part! When he pointed at you, it was with a gun, and he shot you!!!!

See how useless the question is?

Imagine a leader restores economic stability, gets the poor off the street and cuts down on environment problems in the nation. Do you support him?

Of course!

Oh, wait.... Now imagine he'd launched thirty nukes and destroyed almost all of the rest of the world. Do you support him now?

See how useless this shit is?