Moroccans blame the Casablanca bombing on US foreign policy.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by EI_Sparks, May 18, 2003.

1. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

From the Irish Times:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Somehow its never the fault of the guy setting off the explosion. What do you want to bet some day somebody is actually going to find a way to pin the crusades on America..... *sigh*

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

must be nice and cosy in your little monochromatic world

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Of course, the person that pulled the trigger isn't guilty, it is the person or entity that confused and angered him so much that is the guilty party.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. spookz Banned Banned

oh cmon stop being so shortsighted! so you lock him up. you think the problem is then solved? whats that shit about disease/symptoms/cure?

9. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Some probally think we invented malaria and the black plague as well.

10. spookz Banned Banned

why yes !
    wasnt that how the euros killed off the indigeneous peoples of this world? with their diseases?

11. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

The bombings in Marocco do not come as a surprise to me. We have a large maroccan community here in Holland and some (well, more than some) of their kids are making weekly headlines in the newspaper of disturbing the peace (as an excuse they say they are discriminated and blablabla, funny you don't see Turkish youngsters in our country getting into trouble like that).

The thing is, for some reason there is large dissatisfaction among Maroccon youngsters in Holland, they feel like treated as outcast, so they start to act like outcast (a sad self-fullfilling prophecy).
    Ever since the second intifada, they started to identify themselves increasingly with the fate of the palestines (who IMHO do have some valid reasons to complain). This reached an all-time-high at this 4th of May , where we in Holland have a rememberance day for all fallen people in WW2, which they disturbed in several cities and displayed their discontent, especially with anything jewish.

Ever since UBL showed the world muslims can make an exploding fist against what they call oppresion and imperialism (I can not totally disagree with how they call it) the maroccans felt they should also pick up the glove (it's something in maroccon (or berber ? ) nature that they all like to be macho heroes that makes them more receptive for this kind of things). Anyway in Marocco itself, even now that they have a new king and more freedom, more than 60 % lives in poverty, which also fuels the machine of the fundamentalists....

As a European the israeli-palestine issue concerns me mostly because I see my fears of the conflict spreading / fire flashovers coming true. I surely hope Abbas and Sharon show the political will and brains to work something out....

Last edited: May 19, 2003
  12. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

And they are not ? Society spits them out , as well in the Netherlands as in Belgium , jobs they dont get , disco's refuse them , and lets not forget they are the lowest class economically .

They have a better financial perspective
    They are treated with more respect than Maroccans and have a higher status . While Maroccans are identified with terrorism , Turks are identified with wannabe EU-ers .
    They are less discriminated in general .

You shouldnt compare the 2 groups like that , they arent on the same level .

The reasons are :
    -discrimination
    -police harrassment
    -poverty

They are treated as an outcast , they're attitudes is a sociological effect not a brain-disease

who do have some valid reasons to complain ? how sickenly patronizing !
    They dont identify their fate with the Palestinians , they identify western society as opressors against their brothers and sisters .

self interest always comes first is it not ?

I wouldnt count on it . Arik Scheinerman tends to eat everything that sits at his table .