Will they hit Jeddah Next?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Clockwood, May 16, 2003.

1. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/05/16/saudi.blast/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Four days after the deadly bombings in Riyadh, the U.S. State Department warned of an unconfirmed report of a possible terrorist attack against a Western neighborhood in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Think there will be terrorist attacks in Jeddah in the near future? By what means and on what target?

Place your bets here.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Carnuth i dont Registered Senior Member

terrorism targeted at certain people within a country is still the same as terrorism against that country. Im wondering how the citizens of Saudi Arabia are taking it, particularly with the high rate of civilian casualties that come with these Maximum effect bombings.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

These terrorist fluffernutters (yeah, thats a word now) dont even try to hit US military and governmental personell anymore. They seem happy to just evicerate anything that speaks english or drinks coca-cola. *sigh*

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Looks like it was Casablanca, not Jeddah.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Bastards.

8. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Surely, they will run out of suicide bombers one day?...

9. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Vortexx,
    Sadly no - everytime that's a possibility, the US invades Iraq, or the IDF kills another family in Gaza, or whatever.

10. bhudmaash Banned Banned

no, thats just the thing, they won't. First the US has to get to grips with "they" and elucidate what "they" want .

secondly, for every 1 suicide bomber that dies I would say about 20 sign up to join the cause.

And let me get a bit philosophical for a bit, these young men think they are "shahid" ....hmmm.....a lot of them are going to be in for a rude awakening when they face their maker....I'm sorry to say.:bugeye:

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

As good a place as any

Two cartoons by Steve Benson of the Arizona Republic

- "Osama was Here" (5.15.2003)
    - "Over a Barrel" (5.18.2003)

In the meantime, the Terror Alert stands at Orange:
    The only political comment I'll make is that, while word of arrests of Al Qaeda suspects around the world is encouraging, I would still prefer a war against terror that works. We cannot stop Al Qaeda completely unless we stop them in every country in the world. I'm pretty sure we cannot do that right now.

:m:,
    Tiassa

12. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

A nice article on UBL vs Saud
    http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,451935,00.html?CNN=yes

Carnuth can you please tell me why its terrorism ? Is it because of civillians ? If so are the Saud no terrorists then ?

Clock
    so they are terrorist as well if they would hit us military and governmental personell ?

Vortex
    When there are no longer 1.2 B Muslims or when the situation is peacefull enough to live without violence and injustice .

Sparks
    The basic cause lies with the internal situation and brutal regimes (who are either friends or ex-friends of imperialism) , the Palestinians have their own struggle and Iraq is just yesterday .

buhd
    Id say Iraq and Afghanistan have doubled or tripled the recruitants ....

Although I dont agree with how they intepret Shaheed I do believe many of them are . I am quite sure however they wont be in any awakening meeting any maker but their own , if they are to wake anywhere in the first place .

13. VAKEMP Registered Senior Member

AM...

Umm....yeah. :bugeye:

Terrorism:
    The systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.

...doesn't say anything about 'only if used on civilians', or 'except for military and government targets'

Do you think it is possible for the situation to be peaceful as long as both sides exist?

Are you referring to their mother, or their god of worship? If you are speaking of the latter, are you suggesting there are more than one? What are the chances that 2 (or more) different deities created beings so similar? Or is it just a matter of people misinterpreting the intentions of the same god?

14. bhudmaash Banned Banned

ie: Israel, US :m:

and, can I ask, do you consider Mandella and the ANC to be terrorists when they faught Aphateid?

15. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

well thats just average government policy my friend

well not because of what it says , but yes i agree everybody is capable of experiencing terror .

No justice no peace . If there is justice & equality everybody can live peacefully , what specific both sides u speak of ?

well what the worship doesnt mean that much to me , as far as their creator goes I consider everybody self-creative , so if they will meet anybody anywhere it will be themselves . I dont think deities create anybody , but if one can so can 7 . I think they misinterpret by definition as they seek divine creation outside their own .

Peoples identify words through bias , havent u noticed bro ? Its hilarious in a twisted sense if u think about it , we might as well go bleep-bleep-bleep all day as definitions of words have absolutely no relation to a logical identification , they only communicate them , and as words are accepted by both the transmittor and receiver (weither they make any sense or not) , its all good .

As far as terrorism goes , as long as nobody from that side blows himself up in the name of God , they simply consider all our martyrs to be terrorists , but as 2 words are used , peoples bring in confusion . Weither its against soldiers , weither its against a tank , it doesnt matter its WHO does it , points are reaching where children throwing rocks at tanks are called terrorists .....

16. bhudmaash Banned Banned

AM:
    I heard a rumour that prince Abdullah payed money to UBL to effectively silence him, and keep him out of Saudi??

17. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Could be , I dunno .......

U have any reference ?

18. bhudmaash Banned Banned

nah....it was mentioned in some report in Newsnight, on TV here in Eng. Although, reading the link u posted:

"Al-Qaeda has clearly decided to launch a new phase in its operations by carrying out major attacks in Saudi Arabia, which it largely refrained from doing until now. And that poses both a political threat to the ......."

..."refrained from doin"?!...since when has the base "refrained" from doing anything.....

could be some bucks were exchanged for a little "restraint"??