Christian Fundamentalism vs. Islamic Fundamentalism

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Soulcry, May 13, 2003.

1. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

You know what i think.. I think that the Christian Fundamentalism on earth today is much more dangerous than Islamic fundamentalism. It looks like some Christian Leaders try to divide the world in to two the mostly Islamic east and the Christian west and start a war. People talk about Cihad, Jihad constantly and write articles about it without knowing anything about it. In my opinion there was only one Jihad in world and that was the crusades, which was done by the Christians. Killing in the name of God and Jesus

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

With all the events happening in the world it looks like Islam is a very big danger for the west.
    As Huntington says in his book the westerners didnt win their superiority by sweat and had work but by blood and destruction. (i gave my book to a friend, can someone write the original quote from the book please)

Like i said it before its year 2003 and we are still fighting because of religion. We have to get over some things. My religion is for myself and your religion is for you. I dont care about what you believe cause you are the one responsible of yourself not me.

US likes to use the term Islamic Terrorist. What is an Islamic Terrorist? I never heard the term Christian Terrorist and i hope i ll never hear it cause we should know that terrorism has no religion.
    One time a journalist asked Muhammed Ali how it feels to have the same religion with people like Saddam. He replied to that question "How does it feel to have the same religion with Hitler"

Many Muslem people in US have to go through certain procedures and be tracked after Sept. 11. I dont think that they do the same thing in Saudi Arabia or Iran. Why this racism in US?

I have friends who think that Israel must stay because of the things written in the bible. What kind of a logic is this? This kind of ideas make me feel scared.

Just sit back and think about these. So, what do you think is more dangerous Christian or Islamic fundamentalism? I am not an anti-Christian or something like that but i dont find it fair that many people think so wrong about Islam because of the biased comments made about that religion by some leaders in Christian countries.

Peace

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Well, if terrorism is really not a religious thing ("we should know that terrorism has no religion"), then the question is poorly phrased.
    But I suspect the answer is Christian fundamentalism as the Christian Fundamentalists have the greater military resources right now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nico Banned Banned

I am Catholic

I have friends who think that Israel must stay because of the things written in the bible. What kind of a logic is this? This kind of ideas make me feel scared

Israel is not a religious state, it was founded on the ideals of Zionism. And the Torah says that only when the second coming of the messiah comes then the Jews may her own state.

I never heard the term Christian Terrorist and i hope i ll never hear it cause we should know that terrorism has no religion.

The Nazi's were pretty darn close, thankfully I ain't Prostestant.

Many Muslem people in US have to go through certain procedures and be tracked after Sept. 11. I dont think that they do the same thing in Saudi Arabia or Iran. Why this racism in US?

I believe the threat from Muslims in the US is great and if they have to be racially profiled then so be it, (on part of me that is Republican). They attacked the US on 9/11 I know if I were in charge, eek!

think that the Christian Fundamentalism on earth today is much more dangerous than Islamic fundamentalism. It looks like some Christian Leaders try to divide the world in to two the mostly Islamic east and the Christian west and start a war. People talk about Cihad, Jihad constantly and write articles about it without knowing anything about it. In my opinion there was only one Jihad in world and that was the crusades, which was done by the Christians. Killing in the name of God and Jesus

Some Christians like Muslims take the works of the religion way to seriously. To me religion is a faith not so much a way of life, it's a guide for the individual not a people. Thank fully in my version of the faith we have a leader who can at least tell us what to think of certain scriptures, that is what Islam lacks true leadership, I mean OBL for all intents and purposes is the de facto leader.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I dislike both but in recent years Christian fundementalists havent done quite as much in the way of blowing things up, especially extranationally. No doubt they would have in the crusades but currently they arent in that part of their development.

All religions and cultures go through cycles of pacifism and insane rabid fury.

Personally I wouldnt give a rat's patootie if Iraq was jewish, christian, hindu, or worshipped fish. If it behaved the way it did in recent times I think we would have done the same thing.

8. nico Banned Banned

Yes I agree with Clock, I believe that Islam is going through the growth phase and the Crusade stage (Jihad). But eventually like all faiths including the Christian one she will begin to falter. ohh anf you forgot Jewish terrorists,and Sikh.

9. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Clockwood, I think you'll find if you total up the bodycount that Dubya (if a born-again christian isn't fundamentalist, what do you have to be to be considered fundamentalist?) has a higher total than Osama...

Oh dear. Better lock up the bhuddists so, since they're obviously approaching their "insane rabid fury" stage...

10. nico Banned Banned

Oh dear. Better lock up the bhuddists so, since they're obviously approaching their "insane rabid fury" stage...

Let's not be ignorant, these faiths are Abrahmic faiths, they are very different from Bhuddism or Hinduism, or Shintoism,etc. Judaism, Christanity, Islam are so much alike we believe that we are all wrong. Anyways we fight amoung each other anyways. Not like a Bhuddist would care, and they don't have clauses that claim that warfare should be used to protect the faith.

11. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

nico,
    I was trying to be sarcastic

12. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

nico
    Not quite , since they were not Christian . No , Christians were quite the problem for Nazi's as they had way to much in common with the Jews . Luckily Himmler came up with the concept of the Aryan people of Atlantis that decended from the Norish Gods

nico
    Few people know that there was a history of anti-semitism amongst Jews (as they created the term to use on themselves) , because the secular scientists longed for an identity other than their cursed religion , that is how Zionism was born . It is an Ashkenazim movement that had extreme problems balancing between the proud Hebrew Israelite myths and the reality of the ugly Yid (as they viewed themselves) . Zionism starts with the identity crisis of certain spheres within the Ashkenazim tribes of Germany , with mr anti-semite himself Herzl .

Indeed the Torah forbids the return , untill the Messiah comes and leads them to Yeretz Israel . Sure Benny aint the Messiah ..........

If I were we would visit u alot more often plataman

Soul Ur not Muslim are u ? Cihad is ridiculous man , Jihad is an entire ethical philosophy , what is Cihad pushing Jews in pools for baptize ?

Not every muslim war is Jihad , not every Jihad is physical warfare .

As far as religious fundamentalism goes , as long as its religious its ridiculous . Although I admire much more a fundamnetalist religious than a modest/secular-religious , I think its so hypocrite to apply a general line of understanding but when it doesnt fit your needs you flip it upside down like it never happend . The homosexuality issue for instance . Each religious muslim , jew or christian that allows this are simply err-ing but as they have problems with the concept they somehow ignore it . A gay Jew once said : I wish HaShem was here to tell them how it really is . Hasnt HaShem written it in the Torah ? Its clear , why deny it ? Just because it doesnt fit the shoe ..........its lame

But I believe there to be a problem going on involving fundamnetalism on a the political level as it is misunderstood . I believe people misunderstand effects and causes , as they believe religious fundamentalism to be the cause of things while its simply a reaction or effect .

For instance in the bombings on Israel , the only thing fundamentalism asks is to become Martyr , while otherwise a bomb would simply planted and nobody would kill himself .

The situations wouldnt change one bit except for this fact . Why are there groupings that have no religious motivations ? Is it always some crazy idea that moves the people ? Or is it maybe the people that are moved into crazy ideas ?

Details and structure thats what peoples are confusing , repressing details doesnt work , cutting your hair doesnt make it stop groing . Why is this so hard for people to understand ?

13. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

couldnt have said it better , unless you put in front : As religions

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Of course all base their lives around what might very well be a work of fiction and dont know all the facts.

15. nico Banned Banned

unless you put in front : As religions

Ohhhh Allahs don't be so anal. You know what I meant LOL

16. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Why do you people keep equating Nazis with christians? I mean sure Christians can be pretty Nazi like, but the Nazi party was anti-religious, Hitler supressed religion in Germany, people weren't supposed to worship a God, they were supposed to worship him, and the father land. Hitler was a lot of nasty things but he was NOT a christian.

Last edited: May 14, 2003
  17. nico Banned Banned

Sorry ignorance on my part, mea cuolpa.

18. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Do you think its necesarry to repeat information as it involves your personal opinion , or didnt u simply read ?

its ok man , no death penalty is on it

PS How about Thor ?

19. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

If i were you,I would think about this again..

20. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

well they were not christian

did EVERYBODY just put me on reality-repression ?

21. nico Banned Banned

Allahs can you tell me where exactly it says that the messiah and jews thing, I know it exists. just need to find out where it is said in the old testiment.

22. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

23. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Clockwood

"If a born again Christian isn't a fundamentalist what do you have to do to be considered a fundamentalist"

Even the numerous Christain denominations are still arguing about that one. Basically to be born again means that one has ask god for giveness of his sins and proclaims before others that Jesus Christ is his lord and savior.

Fundamentalist have one common thread in believing that the Bible , is the inerrant word of God, but other than that, the doctrine is as varied as the number of denominations. For instance some denominations believe that "speaking in tongues" is necessary for true salvation, others denounce "speaking in tongues." Fundamentalist Christians can become quite separated from the real world, David Koresh and Jim Jones are two good examples.

The one belief all Christian denominations have, and the one played upon the most by right wing politicians, is that Israel must return to their homeland before the second coming of Christ may occur. But even that doctrine is subject to much disagreement between denominations.

George Bush being a Methodist would be considered to be a liberal Christian. Methodists do not believe in the death penality yet Bush apparently has no problem with it, which puzzles me .

What I see in Bush is a man whose handlers have learned how to play the Christian trump card when needed and then go ahead and play politics as usual.

The link below explains some of the Christain attitudes without giving a sermon

http://www.religioustolerance.org/sal_over.htm