Saudi Suicide Attacks

Discussion in 'World Events' started by ripleofdeath, May 13, 2003.

1. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

first things first
    my heart goes out to all the innocent victims.
    ===
    Will the withdrawl of US troops from SAUDI siol result in fewer terrorist attacks?

or will it be seen as a chance to increase the killing?

Which way will Saudi Arabi go as a finacial result?

thoughts?

peace light truth love
    the path to that we hold above

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gil_W HU-Hybrid Registered Senior Member

I've already heard about this

The death toll has been raised..

Not surprising-
    Bin Laden and his friends' deeds...

Are you awake enough, people? or might you be blind enough to support acts like this?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

How am I supporting it?

:m: Peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Yes Oh my god who can indeed , support an act of resistance against the fascist saudi-usa government that sells out its people with every barrel it gives away for free . And what is being done with the profits ? Move Fahd around all day and moves his stuf back and forth to Monaco . .........

Its a start but hey this shouldnt be priority other things are much more important , to UBL its important .

depend on the context in witch the withdrawl is made . If leaving here means occupying another place I dont think it matters (although to UBL personally it could since Saudi is all he cares for. ........)

People want to get rid of the dictator monarchs . If no $ = no power = Islamism (would this be UBL's big dream ? on the thrown ? ) Caliph Usama , lol .

8. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Firstly, my sympathy to all of the victims.

Gil_W,
    Exactly who do you think is supporting these actions?

edited to say: Never mind.... Sheesh. A_M, go take an ethics course. And then a course in written english.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Actually I passed my ethics course some time ago .
    Written English I know quite well but dont prioritize since its FOOLISH

Im sure I dont need to ask for your elaboration on your kill=wrong fantasy ...............

Its not coherent .

10. man_of_jade Psychic person Registered Senior Member

I saw this on CNN and they said Al-Queda was responsible. While I dont think that the place should have been bombed and I dont like Al-Queda, the three pieces of evidence were barely even that. Im definitly not an Al-Queda supporter.

1. It was organized
    It could be three drunk college students and still be organized.

2. Explosives were found near the scene of the crime.
    Explosives would most likely be near the site if ANY terrorists attacked. Not just Al-Queda.

3. Intelligence suggested Al-Queda Al-Queda was in the final planning stages of an attack.
    This is the only real piece of evidence that even remotely suggests Al-Queda could be linked. It says an attack. It says nothing about where. Nothing said indicated that it was going to be an attack in Saudi. For all we know it couldve been in Iraq It also said nothing about when. It could be in the final planning stages, but it could be launched months from now. Also, American Intelligence has been known to be less than perfect at times.

11. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

:bugeye:
    There's a course I'd want to report to an educational board...
    It is foolish to phrase your replies in readable english? Why? Do you actively seek to be misunderstood due to poor or nonexistant spelling, incorrect grammer, a lack of sentence structure, and incoherency?
    Nope, no need at all. King and Ghandi have expressed it more elequently and lived it more diligently than I have the capability to.
    I'm sure that's meant to be an ironic joke, but you seem to have forgotten the emoticon.

man_of_jade,
    I think it's more likely to be due to al-Qaeda claiming responsibility for the attack via email, and the debacle of a raid on an al-Qaeda group only a few days ago in S.A.
    http://www.weblog.nohair.net/current/

12. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

There goes the theory that US intervention in the Middle East is going to make the world a safer place.
    According to Yosri Fouda, the only journalist to speak to members of al Qaeda after 9/11, Osama bin Laden's organisation has been all but smashed. The man responsible for al Qaeda's logistical operations, Khalid Sheikh Mohamed was arrested by the Pakistanis along with a host of senior figures, while the man responsible for funding al Qaeda, Osama himself, is thought to be holed up with what's left of his regular force in the Desert of Death in northern Pakistan/southern Afghanistan.

It’s like smashing ants. They just go off and start a new colony somewhere else. I know it’s difficult for some people to get their heads round, and I'm truly sorry for those who can't see past the name Osama bin Laden. But if you'll take a tip from some of those people who have lived with terrorism all of their lives, the answer doesn't lie in a Hollywood-style crusade to kill all the bad guys until, finally, you face the big-boss-baddy like in Star Wars.

The way to get rid of terrorism is to find the root cause and deal with that. And the way to do that is to listen to Muslims and Arabs. I know it must be difficult for some people, but if you want to feel safe, the answer lies in listening to those involved. They may have dark skin and talk funny, but they know more than you do. If you are going to deal with this problem you first have to understand WHY people do this. To say "It’s because they hate our freedom" is so naive.

Somewhere, somehow the vicious circle has to be broken.

:m: Peace.

13. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

There should be an educational board that hunts down people that use ethical concepts without a license .

Good thing I have mine . Sure thing U havent yours .

1)readable spelling hardly depends on grammar and spelling .
    2)efford for something unfunctional I consider foolish
    3)when did sentence structure and incoherency come in ?

tss......peacenick

Its not . Kill=Wrong fantasy is incoherent . I should know Ive studied Ethics

U bring me your kill=wrong fantasy , and I tell you where its from and why its bullshit .

The base is always responsible isnt it ?

LMAO can I claim it by email too . It was the Bugs Bunny Liberation Front (BugsBunnyLiberationFront@hotmail.com) for the establishment of a rabbit state in Mecca .

14. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Somehow A_M, I can't see that working in your favour

Okay, I'll bite - what are your qualifications? Who issued the "licence"?
    *cough*troll*cough*
    effort or afford?
    When language was invented, I believe...
    Thank you! That's quite a complement to me

Okay, here it is. Killing people is wrong, except where there is no other choice to prevent the death of yourself or a loved one. No material possession is sufficent to warrant murder. It's not quite ghandi's way of doing things, but as I said, I lack his capability for nonviolence.
    'scuse me? What do you mean? (This is what I meant by the way - I honestly don't understand what you meant by that sentence)
    Yes, but the email I'm talking about appears to have been genuine, based on prior history. From the West Austrailian : "Al-Qaida has implied it carried out the suicide bombings in a message received by a Saudi weekly newspaper yesterday.
    The group had been planning major operations for a long time in the Gulf, where it had stocked large amounts of arms and explosives, al-Qaida operative Abu Mohamed al-Ablaj wrote in an email to al-Majallah, which is published from London."

15. man_of_jade Psychic person Registered Senior Member

If there is an email claiming responsibility, then it was most likely Al-Queda. The 3 points that CNN supplie earlier did not, however, point to it.

16. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Terrorists in Saudi Arabia?!! OMG who could have imagined that?!!!

17. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Thats because you are believer of the details making the system , while I believe the structure does . Just because you hold value to details everybody seems to care about doesnt mean you have a more profound ethical understanding then I do .

The thing is one feels he is ethical superior to another , when he never can be if the other doesnt recognize the ethical theory . The complexisty and truth of a theory however , isnt being recognized as a factor for superiority .

Just becuase I dont agree with something doesnt mean I dont know about it man . Just because you do agree doesnt make you know anything about it either .

To believe otherwise is just lame man

University ?

What are you biting in , thin air ?
    Its no trap

first of all who are you calling troll ? And as we are on language anyways , whats this silly cough-cough supposed to be ? Its ridciouless .

U just cant handle the fact that you think you're superior at something completely useless .

afford ? what should I afford ?

IN THIS PROBLEM YOU SEEM TO HAVE WITH MY WRITING ?
    when did it come into this problem of yours ?

LMAO
    I always hope that big letters make things I dunno more obvius for people to read , but its like talking loud to a guy that speaks a different language .

Your very welcome

LMAO Shall we test the theory Socratically ?
    Thats gonna be fun !!

I know u dont its just marvellous .
    1)Al Qaida means the Base , and its considered the base for all Guerilla Islamism in the neighbourhood .
    2)Logically a base of something is responsible for a certain consequence .

I see your idea is somehow they got their hands on some material including communications between certain people who are suspected . Ok .

I understood the idea of claiming assaults by email , but as you pose it its not claimed like that , like somebody emailed and say hey , Al Qaida did it .... u surely understand why that made me laugh didnt u ?

And why would this be according to you ?

Almost as crazy as the idea of terrorist in amerika

18. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

(previously in The Terrorism on War) In the eyes of millions of everyday human beings, the growing arrogance and aggression of the United States, and it's "Mini-Me" Israel, will only be curtailed when violence comparable to that experienced by their victims is returned in kind. The vehicle for return-fire will rarely be conventional warfare, much less "weapons of mass destruction" because such methods are not cost-effective. Assymetrical warfare is a growing dynamic, where each multi-billion dollar high-tech attack on "military" targets with civilian "collateral damage" will be met with equally effective low-tech attacks on civilian targets: Lotsa bang-for-the-buck, no warnings, no apologies. If the US/Israel run out of money and/or freedom (in repressive police states) before their enemies run out of resolve and "Mujaheddeen", then the Terrorism On War will be completed in victory.

19. Kami Registered Senior Member

So let me see...

U.S. troops are stationed in Saudi Arabia,
    bin Laden doesn't like this,
    bin Laden attacks U.S. interests worldwide culminating in WTC attacks,
    U.S. attacks Afghanistan and Iraq (whom bin Laden doesn't like either),
    U.S. freedoms severely limited and Constitution undermined,
    U.S. troops to be removed from Saudi Arabia.

Who's winning this war again?

20. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

No, I meant that it wouldn't work in your favour because you'd wind up on the receiving end. And who brought in all the superiority quotes all of a sudden?
    Which university, what course and what grade did you receive - that's what's called for by asking for your qualifications.
    You.
    I prefer emperically. Since it's the cornerstone of every justice system in the western world (with the insane exception of the historical sicilian system), and the fundamental message of every major religion, I'd have to say it was a widely held ideal, which most people try to live up to. The fact that some of the thugs that don't believe in it have managed to come to power in the US doesn't repudiate the worth of the ideal.
    Ah, I see. Thank you, I don't speak arabic you see. However - since they have claimed responsibility, wouldn't it make sense to assume for now that they are responsible?
    Unless you're making more direct translations from another language, that sentence is incorrect. An "action" causes a certain consequence, and the responsibility for that consequence logically lies with the "actor", or "protagonist", or whatever word you care to use to describe that person or agency.
    I think I understand you - and if so, sorry for not posting the reference the first time, I assumed that since it was all over the news channels that most would have heard it by now.
    Well, actually, most americans seem to have come to believe that Timothy McVeigh wasn't a "real" american.

However, given that those who flew the aircraft on september 11 were from saudi arabia, it seems more logical that there would be active terrorists there. (Before you say it, you can't state Ashcroft and his ilk are terrorists. There are better words for them.)

21. aghart Registered Senior Member

Although it is too soon to prove who commited this crime, the OBL gang would seem to be favourites, The withdrawal of US forces from Saudi Arabia will not prevent further attacks,

What the perpertator's of this action fail to understand is that the west may not be comfortable with this suicide attack business, but we are made of sterner stuff than these people give us credit for.

The Israelies response to something like this would be to hit back at known terrorist area's immdiately because they have learned from experience that force and violence are the only thing that these people understand. It is important though that the US (and the rest of the west) refrain from going down this same route.

22. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

The superiority quotes , what do you mean ?
    Winding up at an end is a detail compared to the structure of the path . Thats why Im talking about details , weither its right or wrong is a detail .

U kidding me ? Why would I want to have to tell you my grades ? What if it would be fools-college course one grade 6 , would that be more than you ? If so why is it relevant , Ud be sure I did better than that .

My prof was an idiot who propagated Kants bullshit I could tell you that . U ever heard of Categorial imperiativ ? I dont hope thats how u support your theories is it ?

Thanks for the insult , as I am tied to certain rules I cant call u some strange fictional creature too .
    But whats the deal with trolls seriously , Ive seen people bitch about the phenomena but I still dont know what it is , can you elaborate please , dont just say a troll is someone who does what u do opr says what u say Im not getting anywhere with that .

How do you mean empirically ? Its question Im speaking about , I havent heard od empirical questioning , could u elaborate maybe Im misunderstanding ?

Oh wait , ur not speaking of questioning but of the ethical system , oh no please dont say U mean Kants categorial imperatoiv right ? I mean thats the cornerstone for the justice system in the western world .........

They're always responsible , they're the base . Its based there . What exact group of people did it I wouldnt know , but Al Qaida is simply what all of them have in common .

No its not , like you say the actor doesnt have to be a person , its simply the cause . A base of something is that what is put there before u builed on it isnt it ? Simply the first layer , if you know what i mean . Can that layer not be a cause ? For instance : It rains , the cloud is a base for the rain . Isnt the cloud the cause ?
    Ofcourse like that the cloud is based on some things as well , a base is like a premis , know what i mean ?

dont apollogize man u didnt do anything wrong , it just sounded funny somebody to claim an assault by email .

It was Saddam in disguise !!
    lol

I didnt mean Ashcroft and such , I mean simply guys like Atta who are in USA as we speak . And then ofcourse all those who sympathize and can be potentially used , or those who may decide to act out themselves (like that guy in washington) .

aq
    dont lie to yourself like that man

23. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

I bet Powell must feel more than a bit frustrated leaving israel empty handed only to arrive knee deep in blood in saoudi arabia and at home he is having serious differences of opinion with Rumsfeld.

Last edited: May 13, 2003