Rumsfeld and N.Korea

Discussion in 'World Events' started by airavata, May 10, 2003.

1. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

when i read this, i got really pissed off. this guy was talking about justice about how much a threat terrorist states like iraq and n.korea were. then i read this. it just amazes me, what the hell is really going on? 3 years back someone is someone's ally, now he's their enemy?http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/stories/2003051001771400.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bhudmaash Banned Banned

link's not working:m:

...anyway, whatever it is, it wouldn't surprise me. Rummy's a zionisticimperialisticcolonialistic hypocritical piece of scum:bugeye:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nico Banned Banned

IF Rummy even dares to attack Yongbyon he'll have a nuke to deal with on Perle Harbour. The American hegemon along with N. Korea would disappear. The American public after that war would hopefully become super isolationalist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. bhudmaash Banned Banned

hmm...thing is NK's nukes havent really got that much range

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. nico Banned Banned

Last edited: May 10, 2003
  9. bhudmaash Banned Banned

what is this?....."today no link will work on my browser day??!!"

10. nico Banned Banned

The link works for me it must be your connection or something!

11. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

the link should work. what the hell?

anyway basically......

rumsfeld was on the board of directors of a company that gave technological aid to n. korea regarding their nuclear programme. rummy took home a fat paycheck too...... $190,000 a year.
    rumsfeld approved the deal as well. when he was contacted by several newspapers regarding this, his secr. said he 'dosen't recall any such deal'. what a load of bull. and this guy is the US defense secr.

12. bhudmaash Banned Banned

A couple of weeks before the military action began in Iraq, Donald Rumsfeld was interviewed by David Dimbleby on BBC TV (those of you in the US, Dimbleby is a fairly respected journalist).
    The best bit of the whole interview was when Dimbleby questioned Rumsfeld about the US selling weapons to Saddam during the 80's. This was a classic bit of TV:

Dimbleby: ".....with regards to America selling weapons to Iraq, Mr Rumsfeld the US has the receipts".

The look on Don's face was priceless! You could cut through the silence with a chainsaw. Now our man Don's in a tight spot, he knows that during the 1980's Saddam went on some major spending sprees, and many western governments including the US were falling over themselves to take Saddam's money off him.

Rumsfeld: "I think you'll find that when it comes to selling weapons to Saddam Hussain, the US comes fairly low down in the league, below a lot of European Governments, including Britain".

Spoken like a true politician.....Donald...you're a superstar!

13. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

14. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

15. bhudmaash Banned Banned

has this chump got his head buried in the sand or what? Does he not realise that people know about his political/business past?
    either he's got some serious balls, or he's a complete idiot.

16. nico Banned Banned

I would second that motion, Rums is a media darling. He is the face of the White Houses foreign policy. He deflects all criticism by making what ever is said into a joke. And if you were to try to pursue him he would move on. Rums is a Goebells of our time. Shit he can get away with shaking Saddam's hand, the question is who was shaking the devil's hand? Saddam or Rums?

17. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Last edited: May 10, 2003
  18. Nasor Valued Senior Member

The Taepo Dong 2 has never even been tested, much less deployed. North Korea hasn't even gotten the Taepo Dong 1 working yet; so far it has failed in ever test.

19. nico Banned Banned

but the threat is there is it not, and NK has tested her missiles but in Iran. Under the Iranian guises, and as for NK nukes they have also been tried out in my view in Pakistan. Are you willing to start a potential nuke conflict?

20. Nasor Valued Senior Member

It's really hard to figure out what North Korea is thinking. There just doesn't seem to be any logic behind their government's action. They're being deliberately provocative for no apparent reason.

21. nico Banned Banned

It is true that North Korea is woefully irrational, the leadership has valid reasons to be worried. Remember the Axis of Evil Bull Shit. Well that has made NK and any other state on the face of the earth that much more worried. If NK has nukes the US wouldn't attack her that simple. Nevermind NK has successfully proven she can attack Japan, and with a nuke on board we can say goodbye to Tokyo, OSaka, Nagoya, and a $4 trllion economy.
    NK may be irrational but they are dead smart.

22. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Having an aggressive weapons of mass destruction program and indicating a willingness to use them on your neighbors is certainly not the way to keep the united states from attacking you.

It would be much more understandable if North Korea were simply developing nuclear weapons for self defense and then sitting quietly with them in the corner, but what's the point of firing missiles over Japan with no warning? Or going to international meetings only to spout off BS rhetoric that doesn’t make any sense? That sort of thing doesn’t increase your country's safety; it just makes you look like an irrational nut.

It should be pretty clear that the US would not rule out attacking North Korea simply because they have nuclear weapons. The US was willing to stare down the Soviet Union for decades, and the USSR had an actual stockpile, not just a few token weapons.

You have to wonder if maybe the government of North Korea really has no idea how world politics work. Do they have a certain bizarre way of thinking that they assume everyone else shares?

23. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Nasor,
    Well, the US names them as part of the "axis of evil", and then invades Iraq. Next thing you know, the DPRK is test-firing missiles and yelling "we have nukes!".
    Off-hand, I'd call that a defensive reaction myself...