Jordan = Palestine

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Vortexx, May 7, 2003.

?

Jordan is Palestine ?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Michael Jordan is Palestine ? Whoa

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bhudmaash Banned Banned

what's your specific point, and where are you trying to go with this?:bugeye:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Nah..............Peninsula=Arabia

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

It's a provoking question

I am just curious what other boardmembers would consider an acceptable solution for the israeli-palestine conflict and if they would think it would actually work....

Allahs Math seems to think it won't work... He thinks it would only work if the whole peninsula was under arabic control ?

Last edited: May 7, 2003
  8. bhudmaash Banned Banned

ie: shift all the Pally people over to Jordan...and bingo problem solved?...is that along the lines of what you were thinking?

9. bhudmaash Banned Banned

Vortexx:

well....elucidation of the key factors, and underlying issues regarding said conflict would be a good start...wouldn't you say??

10. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

...Not what -> I <- am thinking...it is already slowly happening for decades and It is a view held in more extremist circles and put forward by colonizing policy....

We can talk for hours about the moral aspects, but would it actually work ??? Will the palestines stop resistance once they are locked up in the indian reservate ?

Maybe we should ask Slobodan Milosovic, he has some experience in relocating populations....

11. bhudmaash Banned Banned

...Vortex, so I bring you back to my earlier reply.....is that your soloution?

12. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Personally, I think the only long-lasting solution would be for the israelis and the palestines to divide the country and in such a way that the majority of both populations can accept it (this would mean compromises would have to be made by both sides , but that is just me.

A few people among the israeli / arabs entertain the idea that annihilating the opponent or hurting them really bad in order to muscle them swallowing a bad peacedeal would be the solution.

Like I said, we could have furious debates about the moral issues surrounding the latter two options, it is just that I don't think it is feasible......

13. bhudmaash Banned Banned

"never negotiate out of fear, but never fear to negotiate"

If the conflict has any shadow of being resolved, it will be at the negotiating table. Howver the very people the Pally people have to negotiate with, ie: the Israeli Politicians, won't even accept the exsistance of Palastinian sovreignty. Not a good start.:bugeye:

14. alanH Registered Senior Member

"Palestine from the River to the Sea" ain't much of a start either...

15. SuperFudd Registered Senior Member

I had heard that western Jordan IS Palistine. The question is should western Jordan extent to the sea.

16. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Move all the Palestinians to france.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. bhudmaash Banned Banned

But all this "is jordan Palastine" rhetoric is detracting from the real issues of the Israeli/Pally conflict. The fact that Jordan may or may not be Palastine is incidental, and irrelevant. The land in my back yard could be Palastine for all I know, that's neither here nor there. The Brits didn't take the land in my back yard, they didn't take Jordan, they took the specific piece of land on which and over which the current conflict is being fought, and gave it to the Zionists, at the expense of the indiginous Palastinian population who were already living there.:bugeye:

18. alanH Registered Senior Member

There were Jews and Arabs already living there, which is why the offer was for a partition. That only one side had the sense to take the offer is not Israel's fault.

19. bhudmaash Banned Banned

what about the continuing building of settlements in the occupied territories?? Where does that fit in your "zionists:right/Arabs:wrong" view of things?

20. alanH Registered Senior Member

That fits in a matter up for negotiation when the Palestinians are willing to live in peace. Now, can you explain why it's ok for Arabs to live in Israel proper, but not for Jews to live in the disputed territories?

21. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

Are you prepared to cede largely Arab areas of Israel to a Palestinian state under Palestinian security? If so, perhaps there is room for negotiation.

22. alanH Registered Senior Member

Well, not that what I would be prepared to do has an influence here, but in the interest of evenhandedness, the better idea would be to expel all Arabs within Israel proper in return for giving up the settlements.

23. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

How about expell all european jews from Israel ?

Ur logics are that of a thief who wants to sell what he stole back to the person he stole it from .

because Arabs did not migrate and colonized that territory anywhere near the past 5000 years , while the euro jews entered and conquered land just 55 years ago up untill this very day .

There was no offer for partition , because the natives were colonized . The brits simply passed on their colony to the euro jews , ofcourse as they create a jewish state the jewish natives will become part of it , thats totally difference then partition . It would be the same if they would hand it instead to the euro jews , to taliban afghani's who would go there and they would make an islamic state , ofcourse the arabs would become part of it , but what would happen to the mizrahi ? They would be what the Palestinians are today ..............