Do you think Saddam is dead or alive?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by apollo2011, May 6, 2003.

?

Do you think that Saddam is alive? If so where do you think he is?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2003.
  1. Saddam is dead

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Saddam is alive in Baghdad

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Saddam is alive in Iraq but not in Baghdad

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Saddam is alive outside of Iraq

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  5. Saddam is alive in the U.S.

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Saddam is alive, but I don't know where he is

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. apollo2011 Registered Senior Member

I think he is alive but in a different part of Iraq.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

I believe it is very easy to hide in a country such as Iraq, given enough food/water supplies for at least 2 months... or even less. "Important" people such as Saddam would have no problems in such cases. He probably has special facilities built just for occasions such as these.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

I think he's in Mecca .
    There has been thread about this , and about some deal involving Abdullah . As I did then I still consider such a scenario (something like it anyways) very likely .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Carnuth i dont Registered Senior Member

in mecca? how is he in mecca? i thought arabs hated saddam?

8. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Arabs dont own Mecca , the royals of Saudi do . Ofcourse they caree little for anything other than $ , the theory is Abdullah worked something out with USA , so that the battle was over and Saddam and his family can be safe . There was a thread about it once , and an article.......

9. blankc Your superior Registered Senior Member

The invasion did end on a slightly suspicious note.

10. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

It did indeed , it was the most ridiciouless ending of a war ive ever seen , and then followed by that ridiciouless propaganda of the falling saddam surely shows at least the spirit for lying and cheating to be present .

It would be so typical for the Arab world if he would simply sit at his pool in the holiest city on earth .............. a disgrace .

whats new

11. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

The fact that Baghdad fell without hardly any resistance, and that the American POW's were all found alive, and that Saddam is nowhere to be found, all point to the assumption that the US made a deal with Sadam and the Iraqi military.

I believe that Saddam is in Syria enjoying the $1 billion he stole from Iraq's Central Bank.

12. bhudmaash Banned Banned

Pros, I tend to agree with your line of thought, but can anyone post any links/articles....would be very interesting to read.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

saddam is alive, but definitley not in iraq. why would he be in iraq when he flicked a billion dollars cash?

14. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Saddam and Osama are on holidays in North-Korea , buying weapongrade plutonium from the Great Leader....

One of the most unlikely places where they could be, would be Iran. But than again, an unlikely place is a good place to hide out and one billion $ could perhaps make old enemies forget the past and focus on the other satan instead ?

Another option is that one of themn or both are already dead and that the CIA knows this, but they keep it a secret to keep momentum for the hunt against terrorism to continue and round up some other criticasters of us-policy, who knows?

15. aghart Registered Senior Member

Don't be suprised if he is still in baghdad?. It's a big city and Tariq Aziz was hiding there undetected until he chose to surrender.

16. apollo2011 Registered Senior Member

That does make sense

What aghart said makes sense.

However, Do remember that when Uday (or was it Qusay I don't remember) took the billion dollar$ that he then left Baghdad. He might ahve even left Iraq. But I don't think that they have left yet. If they did then there regime has totallly collapsed.

17. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I figure it dosnt really matter where he is. We took out his regiem and the soon-to-be-installed Iraqi government will keep him from ever regaining power even if he is alive. If he is smart (and breathing) he will move to some remote tropical island and retire with the billion dollars he pulled out of the iraqi banks before the war.

Otherwise our intelligence agencies will spot him next time he makes a move and he will have little glowing red dots show up on his forehead.

18. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

not to USA know but to the people of Iraq it does but ofcourse who cares about them .

USA intelligence is a joke , 9-11 proved that .
    Do u guys steal reports from students too like the Brits do?

19. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

US intelligence is far from a joke. Its the most intelligent intelligence the world has ever known.
    9-11 is the single attack that the us could not possibly have been ready for. I have to hand it to al-queda, that was pretty intelligent also, but now they would be like "aaah anyone got any ideas?" "how about! .... naaah"
    The fact they had to have such a sneaky elaborate plan indicates just how intelligent the us intelligence is. The only way the us could stop attacks like that is if they banned all arab looking people from anything to do with their country. They can't exactly do that now can they?

Anyway, on topic, If saddam was dead the us would have found his body, he's definately alive.

20. ThePHNX Registered Senior Member

Didn't vote because it does not allow option of "seriously injured" a distinct possibility.

I do believe the lack of leadership during the battle strongly indicates Saddam was disabled. Even those opposed to the war recognize he held his power via a shrewd mix of terror and reward, a kind of over-the-top stick and carrot.

Thus it was possible the early strike did serious damage and the secondary and tertiary levels of command vacillated.

It is even possible that were he injured, he was allowed to die or even helped on his way.

Odds favour being rid of him but it is far too dangerous an assumption.

21. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

That doesnt make it any less of a joke . Btw Id say the former communist were quite "good" to .

How about a million , besides......its not like 1 thing cant be done twice . Its not necesarry to have 3000 people is it ? If all hijackers just got themselves some nice machine-guns , and each one went to one city , Id say they can get quite close without hijacking planes . Just because they did quite crazy stuff , doesnt mean the same cant be achieved much easier .

Nobody seems to be doing anything , their participation doesnt define the possibilities .

come on man u get carried away by its specularity , it was a joke , although the timing was nice .

good thing arabs vary from white as snow to black as night , also good that its not about 300 B arabs but 1.2 B muslims . Indo has most muslims , Abu Sayaf is heavy fundamental , they dont look like Arabs do they ?

I dont think it would be necesarry but Id say its acceptable . But why would they show it if they have it ? Perhaps Saddams threat can be used in the future why kill it ?

22. apollo2011 Registered Senior Member

I think not because as was stated earlier in this forum, he could be in North Korea and possibly with Osama getting ready to drop a nuclear warhead on our heads. But, do remember that the N. Kreans "offered" to close there Nuclear program

23. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Yeah, they "offered" if we were willing to give them vast concessions (bribes). Why should we go allong with blackmail.