VIDEO: Watch And Weep For The Lost People.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Proud_Syrian, May 5, 2003.

1. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  2. alanH Registered Senior Member

Wow, that's pretty biased for UPI. But a look at the byline is somewhat revealing.

3. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  4. Biased ??? oh yeah, seeing the Israeli terrorists destroying palestinean homes is biased...but showing the aftermath of suicide bombing is not biased.

Dont complain if one of those palestineans who lost their homes become the next suicide martyer, dont complain when one of those poor oppressed palestinean got you on a bus !!!!

I dont want to hear any complaints when the next suicide martyer hit the killers.

God bless the suicide martyers of Palestine.

5. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  6. alanH Registered Senior Member

Actually, the Palestinian who lost his home WAS the suicide bomber...that's why he's losing his home. It's a non-lethal incentive for someone not to become the next murderous suicide bomber.

7. This is BS, why the Israeli killers are destroying the whole family ?

the Israelis are quaranteeing more suicide martyers.

GOD BLESS THE SUICIDE MARTYERS OF PALESTINE.

8. alanH Registered Senior Member

And each suicide bomber guarantees more Israeli reprisals and puts the Palestinian state still further away into the future. Which I guess is as it should be...

9. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

and every IDF reprisal leads to more PA martyrs, which lead to more reprisals which leads to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals which lead to more reprisals.....

Anyone see a pattern here?

10. alanH Registered Senior Member

yeah, which is why Israel should make like the US and opt for decisive action, rather than half measures....

11. aghart Registered Senior Member

How Israeli terror operates in Palestine

why don't you just buy an AK 47 and go and join Islamic Jihad. Or is it that you are scared that the Isralies will do to you what they always do to your army, 'squash you with ease'

12. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

aghart,
    Who was that aimed at?

alanH,
    The UK government tried that in Northern Ireland too. Didn't work.
    Doesn't work. Cannot work, unless you kill everyone.
    To quote, "an eye for an eye will leave us all blind"...

13. alanH Registered Senior Member

Sparks: well the British/Northern Irish thing has also been going on quite a while. I guess it's an interesting question of what would have happened if it had been treated as a full-scale war. I don't think you have to kill everyone, anymore so than you kill everyone in any full-scale war. But you have to inflict enough pain on the other side that they are no longer willing to fight, and are willing to sue for peace. Half-measures, particularly in the middle east, are considered signs of weakness.

14. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

A corpse can lose a home? Sounds to me like someone else lost their home.

15. alanH Registered Senior Member

Well, the corpse loses his home, but at that point he doesn't need it. The hope is that prior to his attaining corpse status, he'll consider that if he commits the terror, his family will lose the home he shares with them.

16. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Sure looks like an effective strategy. Wouldn’t it be even more effective if the bomber’s friends and their families lose their homes too? And considering the US pays for the bulldozers, shouldn’t the US adopt this strategy too? Crime would plummet!

17. alanH Registered Senior Member

Well, correlation is not necessarily causation, but the bombings *have* declined since this policy was put into effect.

18. aghart Registered Senior Member

19. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

So whatever policy that reduces the bombings is okay? Then what logic are you using to justify that a bomber’s family should pay the price, but not the bomber’s friends and their families as well? If the former policy works, shouldn’t the latter work even better?

20. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

alanH,
    Check your irish history. Full-scale wars have been fought on this issue before, just not in the last century. Instead SAS units and other frontline british troops have been used in combating the IRA, with poor results.

But from a more global perspective, I can't find one example of a nation preventing terrorist activities by militarily invading and oppressing a soverign nation, or of terrorist activities being stopped by increasing the level of oppression.

And your qualifications in middle eastern politics and psychology are?

21. alanH Registered Senior Member

Zanket: no, you have to figure that the bomber would have the most concern for his immediate family, and if the prospective loss of his parent's house would not dissuade him, the loss of a friend's or cousin's house would offer even less of a disincentive.

By the way, I didn't say that any policy that reduces the bombings would be ok, but given the importance of reducing the bombings, I believe that a lot of leeway should be given. In this case we have a disincentive that has the advantage of being nonlethal.

As for the Irish issue, I'm aware that the history here goes back more than a century...in fact I didn't mention any timeline. But in fact I *was* thinking of the more modern incarnation of "the troubles."

In the second paragraph of your second post here, I'd have to ask you how you would be able to quantify, in any particular circumstance, the amount of terrorism that would have occurred both with and without the measures taken to combat it, including that of occupying the host country.

22. alanH Registered Senior Member

sorry, missed your last question. My qualification is that I've followed the history and the recent news coming out of the region. I don't think one needs to have a master's degree to observe the obvious.