Internet lynch mob mentality.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Blindman, May 3, 2003.

1. Blindman Valued Senior Member

A member of this forum informed us that he was enforcing his own punishment to a suspected spammer. I am a strong believer in the rule of law and find this persons actions inappropriate.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21324
    Above is the thread page two has the crime..

I would be interested in other opinions on this subject.

Below is my last reply.

Blindman; It is a crime.
    Persol; <b><I>I look at it as a service. It is technically not a DOS attack.... I'm just looking at his page many times a second. I don't want to miss any updates he makes. Afterall, he wanted the hits, I'm just helping out</I></b>

A service to whom??… Most cultures have a police force to enforce the law and a judicial system to apply appropriate punishment. A legislative body to create the law.

Many countries are currently modifying their law or have modified the law to stop spaming and DoS attacks and many other Internet and network related crimes. It is the role of the police to enforce the law not you or anyone else.

If you feel you have been wronged inform the appropriate authorities. If you feel the law is inadequate lobby your state and federal representatives. Believe me you will get more done that way then falling into lynch mob mentality.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

i agree. but then again you can't knock sense into their heads can you? justification like that is just childish.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Two worngs don't make a right even though you'd really want them to in this case. Everprince did post in a rather harsh manner so some would say he had it coming.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.