Class Act

Discussion in 'World Events' started by goofyfish, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

I watched George W. Bush on the newslast night, landing on an aircraft carrier to kick off his reelection campaign. Here are a few paragraphs from CNN’s account of this photo op:
    I tried to imagine other wartime presidents landing on an aircraft carrier, wearing a flight suit for the cameras and saluting every sailor in sight. Roosevelt? Don’t be silly. Truman? Eisenhower? JFK or LBJ? Nixon or George Herbert Walker Bush?

Of them all only Johnson, who habitually wore an unearned Silver Star ribbon in his lapel, would have been capable of a trick so cheap, so tasteless, so tacky.

:m: Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. heflores Banned Banned

not to mention that he said nothing...I listened long and hard for any meaningful statement to come out, but nothing at all of any value did.

I have never heard a president speak with so much fluff in my life with absolutely no meanigfull content.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

shortly after that i started waving to the crowd, and realized he didn't have lunch yet.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

I'll bet. Missed it because you were a deserter. That'll usually do it. A possible good thing about the day's events - a great campaign ad could be put together juxtaposing The Small One's glad-handing in his flight suit with his actual record (or lack thereof) as a pilot for TANG. How about this for a tag line:

"Give Bush the free time he needs to fulfill the National Guard commitment he made 30 years ago - vote (insert candidate’s name here)"

Peace.

Yes, I am on a bash-the-prez trend today. Sorry

8. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Why apologize? Someone has to bash the lying SOB.

No, that's not right; he's been saved ... Guess that
    makes him a misguided SOB surrounded by a bunch
    of lying SOB's.

9. machaon Registered Senior Member

Splitting hairs

tried to imagine other wartime presidents landing on an aircraft carrier, wearing a flight suit for the cameras and saluting every sailor in sight.

I watched the live coverage of this event and noticed that upon his arrival the sailors did not salute as normal protocol would entail. They simply shook hands with him. Only when he was in his suit and leaving did they salute. I only bring this up because I served in the US military and it seemed a bit odd to me.

10. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

And what really pisses me off is that it was probably the best campaign kick off the taxpayers have ever payed for.

The American people have been so thoroughly indoctrinated by the Bush P.R. "people" that they just accept what is said without realizing that it is still necessary to think for themselves.

As I have watched Bush's speeches it is apparent that he is being told to repeat certain key words and phrases. Words like: free, freedom, liberty, liberate, liberation, enemy,evil, danger, dangerous; there are about twenty key words that are always used, usually multiple times, in each speech. Watch for them and you will notice.

This is a form of mind control that the CIA developed about 20 years ago. The multiple use of key words establishes and reinforces certain thoughts and emotions in people. And the American people are falling into a well planned trance.

Since it is apparent that Bush is incapable of giving a speech with substance, his P.R. people have capitalize on the fact that, substance interferes with their desired mind control effect anyway.

"Good dog" Rover

11. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

12. Carnuth i dont Registered Senior Member

wow! thats what i used when I memorized vocabulary for tests! Maybe i can run for president?

13. ...but isn't it delicious how stupid they think the rest of the world is! Now, as you Americans are fond of saying, "that's entertainment!"

14. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Carnuth

I have a feeling there will be doubters about the, repeated key word, mind control process I described above. It is one of the least complicated derivatives of neurosemantics. And it is utilized in the memoriztion process as you mentioned.

For a very simple, Red Fire Truck, lesson on how this, Red Fire Truck, process works. I am giving you a small, Red Fire truck, example of a, Red Fire Truck, non subliminal message.

If you do not think of a ,Red Fire Truck, at any time after reading this post you are not normal.

15. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

*Red Fire Truck*

When the key repeated words bring about an emotional stimulous
    in the brain a process much more complicated than memorization takes place. It can cause a person to love and admire or to hate and revile a person or idea.

Until the military and CIA started using this form of neurosemantics during interrogations , and to convince people to "see things their way", it was primarily used by religious cults.

The beauty of it is that it works on normal healthy people. But then who would want to brain wash an abnormal sickly person.

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Justiceusa, how dare you accuse the patriots now leading us into a new American century of programming us? Stop with the red propaganda now. You should be set on fire, or run over with a truck. You insult our freedom and liberty, you are an evil enemy,and you are placing us in danger. I bet you would criticise our glorious leader and our boys while they rescued you from a burning building. Nobody can program me, because my heart belongs to Jesus, and he's holding Israel and us in his hands, because we believe. So shut up with the neurosemantics nonsense, you're either with righteous Americans or against us.

17. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Freedom of thought is a dangerous thing for any government. It’s ironic that the words (freedom, liberty) that are being drilled in America serve to control minds and zombify the public.

18. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

lol hypewaders

ps. Why can't I get the image of a dalmation out of my head?

19. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

hyperwaders

BUD
    Relax guys. its T just a version A of the psychology X that has been C used in U marketing for T a long time S now.
    Weiser

Last edited: May 5, 2003
  20. aghart Registered Senior Member

It made me puke watching it. Tony Blair would have been humiliated in the house of commons and made a laughing stock if he had tried a cheap trick like that.

21. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Not to mention that Tony wouldn't have gotten away with not showing up for TA duties for over a year...

22. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

I guess gwb’s stunt must be something purely American. Although the rest of the world views it as ridiculously absurd, it probably achieves the desired affect in America, which is what the stunt was intended for in the first place. Bush’s P.R. think tank really don't care what the ROW think of Bush.

23. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Socks In Jocks?

I am, of course, revolted that Tina Fey would suggest on Saturday Night Live
    that our president might have stuffed socks into the secret, private parts of the
    jump suit he wore for the aircraft carrier photo op.

This is precisely the sort of cheap, ad-hominem, vicious, personal sexual attack
    that the Republicans used to direct at Bill Clinton. I for one will have no part of it.

Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.