Transcript of Bush Speach

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Clockwood, May 2, 2003.

1. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

For those of you with any intrest in what america really trying to do, read this. It is a link to a transcript of Bush's speach aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln. Seems perfectly honorable to me.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bush.transcript/index.html

And in advance, be quiet Allah Mathmatics. (may as well be prepared)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vienna Registered Senior Member

I think we all know what America is trying to do, we don't need patronising by some beady eyed politician who only lies when he opens his mouth.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Prisme Speak of Ideas, not of things Registered Senior Member

Bush of horse dump

I'm not sure where this thread is supposed to be headed, but there is nothing more self serving than a Bush-speech.

It's incredible that people are buying this stuff.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Crowing, extolling protracted War (each country invaded is now a "battle"), more association of Iraq with 9-11, and now he's quoting Isaiah. We're in trouble plenty.

8. Prisme Speak of Ideas, not of things Registered Senior Member

It's funny...

How a fanatic leader was taken down by another fanatic leader.

(Fanatic: Beleives that God supports only him and has obtained power by illegitamite methods.)

9. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Re: It's funny...

Good point. Scary and true.

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

The speach was better than anything to come out of the middle east, continental europe, or n. korea.

11. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

It's funnier that Bush showed up in a Viking (and allegedly flew it for a while), given that he deserted his USAF reserve unit for over a year...

12. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

13. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

He might be a little bit showy but that sholdnt be a problem. Heck, Kim Yung Ill is making himself out to be a god and you complain about Bush arriving in a fighter.

Would you perfer something like one of Baghdad Bob's "there are no americans in baghdad" speaches? How about the assorted middle eastern "we will kill the infidels to the last" speaches?

I think it was a nice speach that conveyed America's intentions well. It probabally should have been a tad more forceful though.

14. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Without big money and his "people" to tell him what to do and say, Bush would be a helpless hopeless individual. His only strength is that he can, with a lot of help, project an image that his P.R. staff have covinced the Amercan people that they want to see.

15. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I figure that presidents and their staff become complex communal intelligence like a termite mound or the borg. It dosnt matter what you know ony what you can find out.

16. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Clockwood

"it doesn't matter what you know only that you can find out"

How long will it take them to find out that the economy is still bleeding jobs? 500,000 more jobs were lost in the past 3 months according to the Department of labor, and they always under estimate.

17. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

It might be too big for the guys up top to handle and the economy might be left to heal itself. They might allready have administered the antidote but it might not have had time to work. It might be any number of things.

Hes a leader with some support staff, not god (like Kim Jung Ill supposedly is =P). He cant snap his fingers and make the world right.

18. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Clockwood

Where our economy is at any point in time as compared to unamed "other countries" means nothing. Where the economy is heading is the crucial factor . And our economy is still in a downward spiral. Just google "economy jobs lost" .

Bush has never really adressed this loss of jobs except to say that tax cuts to the wealthy will create jobs.

You can expound upon all the, what if's and could be's, but when it gets down to the bare facts our economic situation has not been addressed.

19. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Clockwood,
    1) He didn't arrive in a fighter, he arrived in an anti-submarine aircraft.
    2) The amount of money spent on this whole photo op would have been better spent on humanitarian aid
    3) He's pushing everyone's incredulity by showing up on the deck of an aircraft carrier, making reference to his pilots training, and totally ignoring the fact that he is a deserter. Dodged Vietnam by signing up to the Guard (with a bit of back-room wheel-greasing from daddy) and then not even bothering to complete his tour.
    4) He didn't declare the war over because he would then be obliged under international law to do a series of things, starting with releasing POWs. Instead he tells us "major combat operations" are over. Well la-de-da. Everyone and his dog knew that! So why fly half-way round the world at a large expense just to say this? Photo-op.
    5) Congress is having to up the US debt ceiling to $7.38 trillion. That's almost a Trillion-Dollar raise! The Dollar's value is falling, your economy is circling the bowl, jobs are being lost left, right and centre, and the only thing this pratt can do is further antagonise foreign nations - who happen to be the people he has to borrow money from?
    6) Maybe if you read the link I gave you, I wouldn't have to type half this...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

7) He certainly snapped his fingers and made the world a far worse place than it was!

Dubya's Resume - would you hire this man?

ps. it's speech, not speach...

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

A Byrd in the hand is worth what what what Bush?

Byrd Rips Bush's Aircraft Carrier Use (Yahoo/AP)
    Robert Byrd: Text of remarks to U.S. Senate, 6 May, 2003
    I shortened the quote up as much as possible. This was one of those things where I was tempted to post the whole speech, just to make sure y'all read it.

But, alas, I have to admit the palsied, ancient Byrd is part of an old political institution that tried to hold the Democratic Party for too long. Say what you will about this old fart, but at least someone is saying it. I figured it would have been Kucinich.

But there's an additional lesson: Never f--k with an old Democrat. They do know how to hit back. This little speech was, like fine Scotch, smoother than I would have expected. Byrd absolutely scorched the President on a few points, and one need not seek malice to find the Luke reference beautifully and multivalently apropos.

But unfortunately for Byrd, Americans seem to love their wars with a little dose of pro wrestling. Say your prayers, take your vitamins, and always be a real American. I guess the question just might be whether or not Americans have any respect left for our politicians. Well-spoken, but to deaf ears I fear.

:m:,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!