US Signs Cease-Fire With Known Terrorist Group

Discussion in 'World Events' started by goofyfish, Apr 30, 2003.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

So a cease-fire can be negotiated since they're not actively in our way, and could be useful tools against Iran in the future?
    I would think that Bush's adamant promises to stamp out terrorism wherever it is found would pretty much force him to hunt them down or face the political backlash of being a hypocrite. Although this agreement does seem to display a large dose of double standards, would we prefer that they don't declare a truce and just keep on fighting and killing? Of course, this truce does let them go on fighting and killing, so long as they fight and kill the people we want them to fight and kill. You know, just like... oh, what was his name... oh, yeah, Osama bin Laden, in 1979.

My take? You lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. Will we never learn?

:m: Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, after the "Ali Baba" thing ....

Come on, Goofyfish ... what do you expect? If there's a right thing to do, Dubya is frightened of it. I would say frightened senseless, but, well ... you know. Frightened shitless? Doesn't work. I expect him to be as full of it tomorrow as he was yesterday. Frightened silly? That happened on 9/11, except it merely augmented his prior silliness to something morbid.

I looked Tigger in the eye a couple weeks ago and said, "Look, I'm not going to go and get myself killed, but if this keeps up I might have to go somewhere and get arrested."

So I'm going to rest on my haunches, cite my obligations to my daughter, and hope that Bush doesn't manage to blow me off that false sense of propriety and force me to do something futile, like carry a sign or start a fucking riot.

Bush is diddling while Rome is burning. Maybe I'll mail him a Pearl Driver.

So I'm going to enjoy the show and try to figure out something better. Outfoxing the Second American Desert Fox should be easy enough. Selling the idea to millions of frothing, bloodlusting American neighbors will be the harder part. Face it, Bush is so stupid that this is how far the lazy have stooped. Convincing them to get off their asses and be proper Americans for once will be difficult, if not impossible.

But I got to laugh with a friend about the Ali Baba° thing for a good thirty minutes last night. Maybe it was just good dope. But yeah ... what do we expect of Bush's council of old-school hawks (Rumsfeld, Perle, Wolfowitz, &c) except old-school methodology?

However, I would like to have had the opportunity to be the fly on the wall after the staff meeting when Secretary Powell took the President aside for a couple of words. I can't imagine that Powell hasn't said something off-the-record to Bush about it. Point being, if I knew what Powell said in such a conversation, I would know what to think the next time I see him fraudulently shilling for the administration before the UN. It would tell me as much as I need to know--that one conversation--about whether or not it's time for the people to actually take up arms and invoke their God-given right to abolish this government.

Diddle on, Bush. Diddle on.

Notes:
    ° Ali Baba: We got to laughing about it because of the following excerpt from Sir Mix-A-Lot's "One Time's Got No Case":
    :m:,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.