Genocidal Islamophobe Pipes, appointed by Bush to "peace institute"

Discussion in 'World Events' started by jps, Apr 30, 2003.

1. jps Valued Senior Member

This is truly outragous. http://www.infoshop.org/inews/stories.php?story=03/04/29/0097572
    A quote by pipes:
    In a speech he gave at my college Pipes said that the best thing that could happen for the Palestinians was for them to be utterly defeated so that they would stop fighting and move on from their claims to Palestine.
    This would mean the destruction of their identity as Palestinians. In other words, Daniel Pipes is an advocate of genocide.
    Now I don't know what this peace institute is, but by the name I would imagine its supposed to have something to do with peace. Unless the commitee is intentionally being composed of people who are prominent obstacles to peace in order to combat it, it seems rather strange that a genocidal bigot would be appointed to it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Sounds like a plan...

Care to tell me how the hell your fuzzy logic connected "destruction of their identity" with "genocide?" I was born in some third world dipshit country. I lost that identity because my people, or rather the people I was born to, moved away and generally disappeared. Is that genocide?

But you're mouthing off on it?

Just like the ICC is "supposed" to do with justice.

So can you come up with a better person? I am sure you must have someone in mind because you so mindlessly attack the nominee with virtually no evidence substantiating your claims.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jps Valued Senior Member

Jerrek,
    Genocide is defined as "the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group"
    That is what Pipes is advocating.

I specified the only way this appointment would make sense. I don't have to know anything about this group to know that a genocidal bigot is not a good choice for it.

A better person? I don't have anyone in mind, really just about anyone would be better than this guy.
    Did you bother to read the link? the substantiation of my claim is there.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

EDIT: No message at this time, I'll think about it and come back tomorrow.

EDIT2: On second thought, why should we allow Libya to chair the human rights commission but all liberals apparently go ape over the appointment of this guy? I'm sure he is more qualified for his job than Libya is qualified for their job.

8. Hannibal Registered Senior Member

Daniel Pipes is the Goebbels of neo-conservatism.

9. blankc Your superior Registered Senior Member

It really is disgusting that this guy would get appointed to a peace institute. What's with the recent trend with right-wing nutballs of racism being Ok all of a sudden?

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

blankc

I think that's usually been the case, from the very birth of civilization. It's not a new trend, it's the trend.

11. heflores Banned Banned

yeah Jerrek, but we destroyed the identity of the Native Americans 300 years ago, and they still don't have an identity. Where's is their representative in the white house, where is the museam that should be in Washington to display their heritage and the history of this country.....

Do you suggest we erase the Palestenians identity the same way we dealt with the Native Americans???? US experience in that field is not that good, I'd leave the matter to someone with a better track record.

12. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

if he really did say those things he's a bigot. *oh well, what more can you expect from dubya?*

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. heflores Banned Banned

Jerrek, do you mind giving us the latest status on operation "Enduring Freedom" in Afghanistan. Have the Afghani people been liberated yet, cause last I heard, they're still dirt poor, jobless, and they're back to growing marijuana.

14. alanH Registered Senior Member

Pipes has the temerity to speak inconvenient truths. He's not the most diplomatic choice for this position, but he's certainly qualified for it.

15. jps Valued Senior Member

So you feel that Pipes speaks the truth? Ok, lets start with this one. Can you explain why you feel that:"Western European societies are unprepared for the massive immigration of brown-skinned peoples cooking strange foods and maintaining different standards of hygiene...All immigrants bring exotic customs and attitudes, but Muslim customs are more troublesome than most."
    is a truth?

16. alanH Registered Senior Member

I think there's a truth underneath there, but the main problem is the politics and the religion these people are brining, not to mention the crime. Is this an extract of something Pipes said? If it is, I'd like a reference.

17. Hannibal Registered Senior Member

Pipes is a Zionist Jew, so he feels more inclined to bash Muslim immigration more then anything else while turning a blind eye to other immigration problems like the illegals south of the boarder.

50 years, that’s how long I give American empire before it’s total destruction and demise by third world immigrants.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Genocide?

Palestinian people do not exist.

19. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Which country, if you don't mind me asking?

20. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

What a wonderfully broad definition that can be applied to virtually anything!

Destruction of a political group, eh?

I guess that means that Israel's ban on Meir Kahane's Kach Party is genocide?

Demands that Trent Lott step down from his senate leadership position after making "racially insensitive" remarks was genocide?

Demands that Rick Santorum do the same after his "insensitive" remarks toward homosexuals is genocide?

My history teachers never informed me that the Founding Fathers' replacement of British monarchy with a constitutional republic was an act of genocide!

21. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

"Native American" is an inaccurate term, since they are no more native than any other group that has immigrated there.

American Indians have an identity.

There is no right to proportionate racial/ethnic representation in election outcomes.

You (you in general, not you specifically) are not entitled to a museum to display your culture and history. If American Indians want a museum in Washington, they or private donors can build one.

22. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

What racism is Pipes guilty of?

I haven't noticed any trend of right-wing racism, but if there was it would serve as a balance to the left-wing bigotry that is considered acceptable by many in the politically correct crowd.

23. jps Valued Senior Member

Galt,
    Thats the dictionary definition. banning a political party or asking someone to step down does not constitute destruction of a political group. No one is killing anyone or even asking them to change their views in these cases.
    I don't get how you get from that definition that revolting against the british was genocide.
    I assume you're refering to the fact that in pre-historical times the ancestors of the Native Americans crossed the land bridge from Asia to come here. Technically, you're correct, however I think its fair to call them natives for all intents and purposes as they WERE the first people here.
    Read the quote in the initial post.