US and Iraqi Army agreement?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Soulcry, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

I was reading the newspaper today and a journalist's idea abaout Iraqi Army in US was very interesting.

Do you remember during the battle for Saddam Airport, El Sahaf said on the TV that a big surprise is waiting the US Army..
    Well the big surprise was this : The Iraqi Army (Republican Army)
    was supposed to go through the underground tunnels and launch a surprise attack on the US Army. But it never happened. According to this journalist US (Rumsfeld) made an agreement with the Republican Army Commanders via American human shields. US promised them that they can safely leave the country, have a big role in the leadership after Saddam, offered money and some of them even got US citizenship. (were carried with US cargo planes all the way to US)

If you think about the sudden dissapearence of the Republican Army you might find this theory accurate. What do you think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Salty Registered Senior Member

I heard about that, I thought it was done with special forces/CIA that just paid off the gernearl in Saddam army.

Great idea to minimize casualties on both sides imho.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Great Idea ?

Selling out your country for some safety and nice positions in the future (lets not forget these people are the real ba'ath regime , Saddam hardly slaughters everybody all by himself) I dont call GOOD , I call it disgusting .

And it shows the nature of the USA and what they are doing there .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Salty Registered Senior Member

Would you rather have them slaughtered?

8. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

The US took the path of least resistance and bribed their way into Bagdad. It did of course save lives, but it makes me wonder about who might end up living next door to me.

The story was in the news world wide except for the USA.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0304/S00175.htm

9. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

I doubt that they would actualy offer US citizenship. It's way too risky. What if one of them would decide to talk to the media one day.
    And .. can we really beleive that the republican army would trust the American ?
    And .. even if they did surender under the promised terms, do you think that U.S. would honor those promisses? Why would they? So they lied to their enemy rather than killing them. -- or maybe they lied to them, then they killed them.. we'll really never know the true facts.

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

People like that might end up next door to you anyway. America has a very loose immigration policy.

11. Salty Registered Senior Member

Who cares if they live next to you?

12. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Personally I don't mind as long as they dont do anything horribly destructive or offensive. (like a big "death to the american infidels!" sign in their front yard. Back yard is ok.)

Other than that, make yourselves at home.

13. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Salty

"who cares if they live next door to you?"

I care Salty. Let them live next door to you.

Or look at it this way, you try to sell your house and you will be watching potential buyers walk away when you tell them the origins of you neighbor.

I know I know salty you are so wealthy that they couldn't afford your neighborhood, right?

The link below is from a second source and it also states that the top echelon Iraqi Officers were give "Automatic American citizenship. This is one link that I really want someone to factually disprove.

What you think does not count.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/4/21/103502.shtml

14. Salty Registered Senior Member

My nieghborhood is definatly not full of the creme de la creme of society. I don't think they are going to come ot America and start another Baath regime and the CIA probably paid them enought that they won't be living in duplexes in my nieghborhood.

15. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Salty

Oh Oh it looks like you will get stuck with the lower ranking ones. Hopefully not the ones who fire AK47's in the air at birthday parties.

16. Salty Registered Senior Member

Its cool i am friends and live with rednecks. Im sure they don't sound much diffrent from shotguns. If some of those guys move in im sure we will get along great. Maybe they will let me shoot thier ak some time.

17. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

18. Salty Registered Senior Member

Re: Salty

Don't lie! You would think those neighbors would be cool to.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Salty

hmm well maybe, but not if the taxpayers are paying their rent.

20. Salty Registered Senior Member

Re: Salty

Ehh its better then paying for compensation to the families of lost marines imo.

21. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Salty
    Hell yes

But if they could be in USA.......thats great to , perhaps even better . I doubt it though .

22. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Salty

I agree with that. I support our soldiers and anything that will save their lives is worth it. I just think it is so ironic that we are giving money and forgivness to the very ones we had claimed that we went to iraq to destroy.