What is it about the...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by GB-GIL Trans-global, Apr 26, 2003.

1. GB-GIL Trans-global Senator Evilcheese, D-Iraq Registered Senior Member

Kurds that makes us want independence for them?

I'm all for giving stateless peoples their own states, but why the Kurds and not all stateless peoples? The Assyrians that neighbour the Kurds, for example? (note, not Syrians, but Assyrians, an ethnic minority, nearly 100% Christian)

Also, what about nations that repeatedly have been promised independence and have even had it and had it taken from them, but not even officially or against a treaty, such as the Lakota Nation in the US, or the Cherokee Nation in the US as well?

What about the Ryukyuans (or "Okinawans") in Japan or the Achehnese (or "Sumatrans") in Indonesia? What about the Chechens in Russia or the Basques in Spain? What about the Tamils in Sri Lanka? What about the Cabindans in Angola? What about the Corsicans in France or the Sards in Italy? What about the Bashkors in Russia or the Abkhaz in Georgia? What about the Tibetans or East Turkestanians in China, or the Mon in Burma, Thailand, and Cambodia?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Everybody who feels to be a people should have a piece of land , if they no longer feel part of the state they are in . But let sidom decide not greed nor religion nor prophecies .

I would be for the giving of Arab land peacefully to people who feel not part of the Arabic community , including the Assyrians and other Christians , if they wish .

They all need a good revolution .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GB-GIL Trans-global Senator Evilcheese, D-Iraq Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

I know about the Assyrians , I merely suggested other could do the same if they wish , if only it was for religion , it doesnt matter what ridiciouless or not ridiciouless reasons people have not to feel part of a nation anymore , and when this happens , as any other people on this globe , they too can have a piece of land so they can live in peace happily as they wish .

And I wish to add the people of Sudan (animists and christians) , I did not know of their slavery oppression as mentioned in another thread , I dont know their situation exactly , but they are a group at least by the negative (-) aspect of NOT being muslim or Arab , i dont know how the ethnic groups are over there exactly , I do now they need freedom .

many people u mention I didnt know of . Others are well known and I would want to add the following .

Little I know of the Indonese situation , I do know there are problems with timor while religions stand against eachother as well . Timor is independant know right ?

They are , they have been reoccupied again , while the Russians claim there hardly happens anything , bloody battles are being fought between civillians who havent fled and the Russian military , in search for "terrorists" .
    The situation came into new levels last year , when Chechnyan Liberators took the theatre in Mockba hostage , with I dunno...about 600-700 people or so , threatening to blow it up if Russia does not pull its army out of Chechnya . I believe it took 3 days , but the Naive Chechnyans being new at this kind of "terrorism" were way to naive , and the Russian ParaMilitians entered and gassed the whole theatre , killing all "terrorists" and about 200 or so civillians ....cant remember . First time the Chechnyans could import their misery into Mockba , while the enitire world whatched and had their attention back on one of the most disgusting crimes of the Russians in Chechnya ......Russia ended it with chemical weapons killing their own people , and Putin supposed to be the hero

The ETA is pretty succesfull though , Im not up to date on the situation but I do believe as far as terrorism goes , the Spaniards are pretty terrorized by all this . Its no coincidence a slut like Aznar goes after the USA's war on terror like puppies .

As far as I know the Tibetians have never fought the Chinese , because they do not wish to hurt people . Instead they sing songs , march , demonstrate , etc etc ......and then they get arrested and brutalized for singing the Tibet national song .
    If any people around this world should be liberated , it is the Tibetians . But thats simply never going to happen ........
    As far as Tibet being an autonomous region within Republic of China , this is so since Mao took it and made it Chineze , because of I dunno what profits he had from the tibetian land.......I remember it seriously had some importance though .
    before that they were Tibet , a souvereign nation of 1 people .
    And even the Dalai had to fled to India........