Jay Garner?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by airavata, Apr 25, 2003.

1. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

i know jay garner's been put in charge of reconstructing iraq. i just want to know, who all think he's fit for the job and who is he anyway? all i know isthat he's a retd. lt. gen. of the US army.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

The appointment of Garner as head of the Office of Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance “de facto governor” in Iraq constitutes a conflict of interest and ethics.

Heavily involved in the military machinery, how the Iraqis will see him in a role of Reconstruction and Humanitarian tasks. I guess his qualifications, experiences for the job is not all that important as it has been the case with most of Bush’s nominations, even if Garner has two legal actions, apparently one was settled and the other is pending. Once again, not new in Bush’s selections.

Garner also has two legal actions affecting him. One has been settled, the other is in the wings.

He will have to maintain some distances from General Tommy Franks whom will most probably end up as US military Governor. But being handpicked by Rumsfeld and placed under his wings while at the same time sharing same pro-Israeli views as Donald and Dick Cheney, he may survive local scrutiny.

To me he is the wrong man for the job, but then again, where no one is qualify for doing what they are doing. It would be unrealistic to think that there could be any person on earth that can qualify to do anything in Iraq under the US.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.