So, What Happened?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by (Q), Apr 24, 2003.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Well, there it is then. Nothing left to do in Iraq but rebuild the country, unify diametrically opposed sects of Muslims, create a democracy instead of a fundamentalist theocracy, convince the Kurds they don’t want their own country, convince Syria to show Hezbollah the door, and make peace between Israel an Plaestine.

If one believes the anti-American peaceniks and bad-news-is-best television pundits, it’ll never happen. On the other hand, thanks to the same fine minds, the Iraq war (round 2) should go down in history as the one most notable for what never happened. The list of calamities, as prognosticated by the doom-and-gloomers, was exceeded in its prodigious length only by its stunning inaccuracy.

Among the dark predictions that did not happen:

-The Iraqis didn’t use weapons of mass destruction against coalition forces.
    -Saddam Hussein didn’t fire missiles into Israel.
    -The “Arab street” did not rise up in solidarity with Iraq.
    -Governments in other Middle East countries did not collapse in widespread political instability.
    -Fanatic Muslims from around the world did not pour by the tens of thousands into Iraq to fight the Americans.
    -There were no terrorist attacks in the US in retaliation.
    -Iraq’s oil fields were not set ablaze en masse
    -Baghdad did not become a quagmire of urban warfare.
    -There were no human waves of suicide bombers
    -Long and venerable American supply lines to front-line forces were not severed.
    -“Tens of thousands” of civilians did not die.
    -“Tens of thousands” of American soldiers did not die.
    -American resolve did not crumble in the face of the first US casualties or POW’s.
    -A humanitarian crisis of unheralded proportions did not occur in Iraqi cities.

Much to the disappointment of the CNN-worshipping crowd, here’s what else won’t occur:

-Iraq won’t descend into anarchy, despite the best efforts of some of its people to put it there.
    -The US won’t seize control of Iraqi oil.
    -American forces will not occupy the country forever.

To the chagrin of the Chicken Littles (you know who you are), here are some of the key things that did happen:

-Dead or alive, the monster Saddam Hussein is finished.
    -The US is now helping the Iraqis regroup and rebuild, just as promised.
    -Other tinpot, whacko dictators and assorted blood-hungry terrorists around the world got a very loud and very clear message from the United States.
    -The United Nations firmly established itself as a toothless, useless debating club.
    -Members of the French-led Coalition of Weasels (including that traitor to the north) are all scrambling to kiss American butt.

And that’s the one I truly wish was in the “never happened category.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I've been happily eating my crow, and will be elated if killing suddenly starts seeding happiness and peaceful coexistence everywhere. Stick around and enjoy some yourself, Q- this aint' over by a long shot. One sure thing about America's new adventures: Unpredictable things are about to happen.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

[Q]:

I suppose it's considered largely unnecessary to point out the many, many people of such well-honed powers of foresight and purportedly triple-digit IQ -- yes, members of this very forum -- are included in your targeted demographic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

hype:
    Unpredictable things are always happening. Always have, always will.

8. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Q , those I do not comment on I agree with .

Not true . There were severe riots in Cairo and Yemen and mass- demonstrations worldwide (like in the Arab streets).

Not true . They did go into Iraq , most of them returning dissapointed and without a fight , specially after the fall of Bagdad .

True , but hey....its still early , we have plenty of years to look forward to terrorism against USA .

True , but there were a couple of nice hitters dont u say ?

The state of Anarchy Id call a humanitarian crisis according your standards .

Bagdad has been in Anarchy , and I wonder how long untill people will start destabillizing its cities again , especially looking forward to freedom of the Shiaa .

?So what will they do ? Give it away ? to the Iraqi right ? zThose Iraqi in big fat mercedes right ? yea , I know those keepers of Iraqi wealth .....

Just for few decennia untill it is safe to just go and move their from Boroughpark Brooklyn .

Wel dead indeed he is finished , I live i wouldnt say so . Where is he ? either way he's setting up rebel organizations within whatevers left of Ba'ath , or he sits in the sun with a nice raqi for the Kafir he is , somewhere in Mecca.......
    Untill U can show me the corps of Saddam Hussain , he is not finished . This man reaches survival at almost Stalinistic levels .
    Now if u mean he's finished as a president of the souvereign Arab Republik of Iraq , indeed he is ......but hey , so much left to do .

Yes ofcourse , sure they help.......bringing in some secular pig to the Shiaa who clearly state they want Islamic State , sure......they help iraqi all right , those Iraqi in big fat mercedes .

Indeed . It is : Thank you for hating me so much , here id a list of things so you can hate me into higher levels .
    Here's the Reply : GREAT , we will fuck you up for sure after your message , thanks for letting us know .
    Here's the reply from MILLIONS of Arabs , who condemned 9-11 : Usama Bin Laden Hero

Well see how everything turns out , I put my money on the Nasdaq going down soon enough , whoohoo terrorisms gonna make me a buck or 2 , man thats like , how u say .....making job out of hobby

Hey did u know last time that happened about every "terrorist" around who read more than just the Qu'ran , made a buck or 2 after 9-11........that shit was mad .

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

G:"Unpredictable things are always happening. Always have, always will."

Yes, of course. But the point is, Bush-ido is bringing greatly increased unpredictability in the name of stabilization and security. They have not been mandated to roll the big dice with such stakes, and that means that America will pay a hefty political and econominc price for anything and everything that goes wrong. So far, the only thing that has gone right is the deposition of a dictator and a military rout. Further ramifications are yet to be seen.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2003
  10. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Thanks be to Allah

Just about sed it all.
    Only got one thing to add.

Yup. If you wanna stay safe aquire WMD's as fast as you can!
    Well what would you do if you were a tinpot dictator?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.....
    Dee Cee

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I'd just make lots of silly charades around factories and various installations for the idiot CIA's benefit, even some spooky mockups and "accidents" and then claim I had the Bomb. American hysteria would do the rest.

Cheap insurance.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Mr. G

I suppose it's considered largely unnecessary to point out the many, many people of such well-honed powers of foresight and purportedly triple-digit IQ

I agree – completely unnecessary.

Notice how they all come out on their own to waddle and quack.

13. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

You Playin' with me Q ?
    You'll get a lot more pleasure playin' with yourself.

Quack Quack
    Dee Cee

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

& unabashed hypewaddles

15. blankc Your superior Registered Senior Member

Things are going exactly as I expected, just because the wishful thinking of some didn't come to pass, doesn't mean that everything is uphill from here. Wow, the huge surprise of America beating Iraq in a military contest, anyone who thought otherwise would occur was dillusional. Now tell me how this means peace between Israeli's and Palestinians is more possible?

16. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

So what happened?
    U.S. won the war. duh!! And there were probably less casualties (on either side) than we anticipated. Great!
    But this is just the biginning. Only a "CNN worshipping" warmonger would start this thread. The banners across your TV screen are gone and you think it's time to draw conclusions on the results and reprocussions of the war. Unfortunately newborn terrorists with increased hatred for U.S.A. don't watch CNN, and they are infinitly more patient than the average American. They will wait years or decades to fullfill their destiny.
    ..And not to mention the future political implications that have been widely discussed in this forum.

17. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

We didnt just win the war. We struck with speed and refinement and broke them before they even had a chance to fight back. Had we done it in the lethargic style used previously casualties (civilian and military) would be greater by at least a scale of ten. (and probably much more)

One can not realistically expect any war to go as well as this one did.

18. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Too late, they already did. They have big plans for it too.

Not forever, but I guess those American military bases to be built are not meant to be temporary.

You can always say that about nonviolent dissenters. I would have liked to see them throw the world into depression though, to stand up for what they chose.

Disgustingly so. Now Americans know they can get away with most anything. That’s why Iran’s oil will be next.

19. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

What could have happened, if any of those predictions actually happened, could have been tremendously horrific. I was and am of the oppinion that the chances of something going terribly wrong were too high. The fact that it didn't happen, does not take away the gamble itself.

As for the future of Iraq, let's hope it will receive the bright future promised by the US. I for one remain skeptical until it actually is achieved.

20. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

i say to this thread, is who were these people who said these things, and what were there credentials.

i will give you 2 famous sayings
    1) sometimes when you win, you lose
    2) ******* is going to make you cut your own wrists

for government officials will understand very well what these mean. all you have to do is look at the history books

"AMERICA DON'T HAVE A CLUE, government secrets are for everyone"

21. Tadpole_Terror Registered Senior Member

Simply stated, this liberation was a glorious victory for the downtrodden people of Iraq and the sympathetic Americans who wouldn't let misguided peaceniks and greed motivated nations sway them from a rightious act.

I would like to thank all of the hate filled islamic zealots whose actions on 9/11 helped make this wonderful turn of events possible. An Afghanistan rid of the oppressive Taliban theocracy and an Iraq free of a Sunni led murdering dictatorship.

Shovel another mound of crow down your throat Hype, your thoughts on this were among the most ignorant stated.. I can give a pass to those who are spoon fed their media as they don't really get a chance to weigh the preponderance of the facts. You get no pass, your a victim of your own blind prejudices.

22. SuperFudd Registered Senior Member

23. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Just hold that thought as you find yourself in tall buildings