Iraq Is Free!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by foadi, Apr 24, 2003.

1. foadi Registered Senior Member

http://www.lewrockwell.com/callahan/callahan107.html

Iraq, You Are Now Free… And Here's What You Have to Do

by Gene Callahan

United States Central Command in Qatar recently issued their roadmap for the future of Iraq. The document is very entertaining, and would almost make the whole war thing worthwhile, if it weren't for all those people who had to get in the way of our rockets and stuff.

Here are Central Command's "Thirteen Points," followed by my exegesis:

1. Iraq must be democratic.

Whether it wants to be or not!

2. The future government of Iraq should not be based on communal identity.

So, Abdul, you can vote, but don't try voting based on communal identity.

3. A future government should be organized as a democratic federal system, but on the basis of countrywide consultation.

Um, what?

4. The rule of law must be paramount.

And the legislature must be MGM.

5. That Iraq must be built on respect for diversity including respect for the role of women.

So don't try voting against "respect for diversity." And make sure to fund women's soccer teams.

6. The meeting discussed the role of religion in state and society.

Isn't that nice? It's good the lads had something to do to pass the time.

7. The meeting discussed the principle that Iraqis must choose their leaders, not have them imposed from outside.

Unless, of course, they try to choose someone based on communal identity, or someone who doesn't respect diversity, or has the wrong view on the role of religion.

8. That political violence must be rejected, and that Iraqis must immediately organize themselves for the task of reconstruction at both the local and national levels.

"Must"? But wait, what was that about "not being imposed from outside"? Oh, never mind.

9. That Iraqis and the coalition must work together to tackle the immediate issues of restoring security and basic services.

Like security from foreign invasion? It's true that the last government didn't do so well at that. Maybe the new one needs some nukes or weaponized smallpox or something. We have extra – maybe we can give them some of ours!

10. That the Baath Party must be dissolved and its effects on society must be eliminated.

Oh, yeah, and don't try voting for the Baath Party, either.

11. That there should be an open dialogue with all national political groups to bring them into the process.

Except, of course, for the Baath Party, and those groups that don't respect diversity, and those groups based on communal identity, and those that don't support women's soccer….

12. That the meeting condemns the looting that has taken place and the destruction of documents.

And how about the destruction of men, women, and children by bombs?

13. The Iraqi participation in the Nasiriya meeting voted that there should be another meeting in 10 days in a location to be determined with additional Iraqi participants and to discuss procedures for developing an Iraqi interim authority.

Well, at least we have something to look forward to next week!

Good article.

- Rex Kahili

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Sounds like my kinda freedom!
    But I wouldn't recomend it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You are free to do all the things we tell you.
    Dee Cee

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

Really. They would have been much better off with the freedoms they already enjoyed.

"You shia bastard! We are going to rape your woman while you watch and then toss your ass into the shredder, God willing!"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Salty Registered Senior Member

Callahan I think is missing a chromosome.

3. A future government should be organized as a democratic federal system, but on the basis of countrywide consultation.

Um, what?

Sorry you don't understand english :/

8. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Well I guess listening to N-Sync is better than being buggered by a rampant Arab. That don't make me no fan of Justin Timberlake though

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I thought you said they'd be free.
    Dee Cee

9. Balder1 Registered Senior Member

Are we really to be condemned for trying to civilize the Iraqis and bring them peace and stability?

Of course we aren't going to have absolute freedom. The 60% of the population that is Muslim is not going to be allowed to enforce its religion on the rest of the population. That's just reasonable.

The stories about Saddam Hussein aren't exaggerated. The Iraqis are going to experience freedom as all of the 'free' western nations do, and it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

10. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Hmm. Not sure about the word 'civilize' I guess the Iraqis might think they were civilized to start with but I digress.
    Your not gonna find many people who will condemn peace and stability. For me the issues in Iraqi are more about the motivations of the worlds most powerful men. The handfull of people who know that true freedom comes only with absolute power. Thats what worries me.

Whine over
    Dee Cee

11. foadi Registered Senior Member

Freedom cannot be contained to certain geographic areas, nor can it be kept out of others. You seem to be implying that freedom is granted by the state. Tell me, how can a group of insignificant sniveling little twerps who get off on controlling other peoples lives grant the population they claim to own freedom? What gives them such an astonishing ability? Santa Clause? Oprah?

I know by 'freedom' you are talking about the probability that the state that claims to own you will harass you, which is not the definition of freedom, but I will go along with it just for the purpose of discussion.

The Iraqi's don't pay any direct taxes, have minimum restrictions on starting businesses, free medical care from cradle to grave, no property taxes, no sales taxes, minimal zoning and planning laws, free college education with daily meals provided in the campus cafeteria. Iraqi's are encouraged to own guns, have virtually no crime, no homeless, Iraqi's are free to travel, write, create, make art and worship their God. The state funds it all with natural resource development.

The United States on the other hand has more taxes than any state on the planet. The United States also has more laws than any state on the planet. Everything is regulated, Everything is taxed. More people are in prison in the United States than in any country on the planet.

The only area where the Iraqi's seem to be lacking is political freedom. Democracy. Something I hate, but will not get into at the present time. Instead, I will end this post in asking youa question: Do you really believe the Iraqi's are better off now? Of course the UN sanctions have been lifted, but those aren't Saddam's fault. Those are the UN's fault. The United States has already layed out a plan to create an Income Tax in Iraq. The source of income the state used to have will no longer by available to the Iraqi people, but instead to international corporations. They Iraqi people are going to live in complete hell because of that commie Bush. Hopefully, the people in Iraq will rise up, and kill every single Coalition soldier currently occupying the country.

- Rex Kahili

12. Salty Registered Senior Member

A pure democracy would be worse then Saddam.

13. foadi Registered Senior Member

What don't you understand about that particular statement?

- Rex Kahili

14. Salty Registered Senior Member

Im commenting on the fact that he dosen't understand it.

15. foadi Registered Senior Member

Ah.

- Rex Kahili

16. Salty Registered Senior Member

Where are you getting these facts?

17. foadi Registered Senior Member

Why does it matter where I got them? You yourself admitted they were facts.

- Rex Kahili

18. Salty Registered Senior Member

Fine well in America we are given a whole golden 3 story home and 20,000 acres on our first birthday.

19. foadi Registered Senior Member

Not suprising. Americans are commies.

- Rex Kahili