Switzerland is going to invade America.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by foadi, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foadi Registered Senior Member

We're all going to die!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

- Rex Kahili

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. foadi Registered Senior Member

Remember people, this is the country with the dreaded golden plated guns and cukoo-clock nuclear weapons. Not to mention the horrific chocolate destructo-bars! America doesn't stand a chance. What are we going to do? What are we going to do?!

- Rex Kahili

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

Is there something like "Swiss Army"? I thought its just a brand name

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Yeah ... but ...

Can you imagine if they had to make watches in the US? It's either Switzerland or RoC, baby ....

I mean, I'm all a fan of Hershey's, but it's a utilitarian chocolate. Ghiradelli just won't work, either, to fill the actual narcotic demand created by fine Swiss chocolate. It's mild, but there is, for instance, a reason women in severe menstrual throes crave chocolate.

I think of the $3,500 gold-plated, Swiss-made automaton music-box/pocketwatch with a small mechanical bird and think that perhaps it would be better if we didn't have such things in the US. I heard of two of these things selling between over two-hundred stores in the retail chain I once worked for, and insofar as I can tell, the only reason Americans like fine workmanship is so that they can deliberately destroy it and complain about the crappy workmanship. Look--a $3,500 watch with an automaton bird inside it is not meant for use while mountain-biking ....

Oh, well, it looks like digital watches° and pot brownies for the lot of us ....

:m:,
    Tiassa

Notes:

° digital watches - See Adams, Douglas. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

8. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Though they are certainly in no shape to invade anybody any time soon they are also one of the few countries on earth nobody would stand a chance at invading. For decades they have had the mountain passes leading into the country lined with explosives and they just bristle with anti-aircraft guns. A LOT harder than invading iraq. Only possible ways to win would be the use of long range missles and starving them out.

9. blankc Your superior Registered Senior Member

Don't they also have mandatory millitary training and gun ownership for all citizens?

10. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

So they do.
    All adult males are required by law to retain and maintain the assault weapons they were given during their national service.Funny thing is, guncrime is practically zero. Crime in general is pretty minimal.Now how do they manage that?
    Perhaps we should change the old mantra;

Guns don't kill people, Americans kill people.

Sorry 'bout the bias. Just thought it might be appropriate

Dee Cee

11. foadi Registered Senior Member

Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage.

12. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Careful foadi
    You don't want the NRA hijacking your thread

You look over my shoulder and I'll look over yours.
    Dee Cee

13. Salty Registered Senior Member

Guns don't kill people, Urban Americans kill people

14. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

I stand corrected.

15. Psycho-Cannon Home grown and Psycho Registered Senior Member

Damn im moving to switzerland!!!
    When i was in Taiwan my cousin went of to Mandatory millitary service and i got to admit i like the idea.
    It keeps a lot of the nations youth in some reasonable health and teaches some great values and skills that are useful in any stage of life.
    Not sure how the keeping the rifle you get in training would work, don't get me wrong i'd love it but i guess mentality in certain countries where this has not been around long would allow to much abuse that good but hey you got to start somewhere.

16. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I would reccomend bern. Nice place.

17. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

The're not a very imaginative people though.
    They have the worlds largest fountain in Geneva.
    They call it "Le Jet d'eau"

Sorry 'bout my french.
    Dee Cee

18. Sir Aristrotle The C.E.O. of Teen-Moods Registered Senior Member

Good one.

19. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Here's a joke I"ve heard:
    "THis land is my land,
    it is not your land,
    'cause I got a shotgun,
    and you don't got one!"

To quote UHF: "Guns don't kill people, I do."

Seriously though, What are the chances of you trying to rob my house when there's a chance I'll put a load of buckshot between your eyes? I wonder if there are Swiss people with bazookas above the hearth.

20. katavan Guest

No different from a staving kid stealing bread.

Do however offer stats to prove this theory that owning 50 automatics and shotguns stored in a closet will reduce the risk of a burglar breaking in.

And for argument sake, my question do you hang your weaponary behind a glass window on your front porch? Or post nice big signs, "WARNING! OWNER HAS A SHOTGUN" etc.

Just for laughts:
    You might find this funny but I've actually seen both cases. The funny part was that somebody stole the "WARNING" sign a month after it was put up.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2003
  21. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

If you know guns are legal, and that there is a possibility that I have a gun, and that I feel that if you're coming in through the window you obviously have malicous intent, and feel justified shooting you becuase the only other option is to call the police and wait 15 minutes fo rthem to get here, by which time you would have done whatever, to include possibly killing me, would you try to break into my house?

22. katavan Guest

Oh yes, the thief will simply bring a handgun for "self-defence".

So both are "packing", where is the advantage in that?

23. bhudmaash Banned Banned

I can just see it...Heston wearing a T-shirt with the above slogan printed in big letters on the front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.