THE AMERICAN LIARS :Fake documents and exaggeration

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Proud_Syrian, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  2. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

I believe any average informed and educated person is well aware of the entire conspiracy build by US and England. Now the way this world works, is that even though it is a common knowledge, all that Americans and British can do is, …..well, not really that much, except for keeping paying their taxes and having their governments expending it as they please.
    But, what about the Arab World. What are they doing? AT least, in US and many other so-called democratic countries, every few years we have organized elections, a chance to correct things if you will.
    I paid attention to Arab leaders, Syria, Egypt, Saudi, etc,. I’m beginning to think if they are lining up to kiss Bush ass as soon as Blair take a tea break?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I can’t help it but to feel sorry for the Arab “brothers” for maintaining the leaders that they are supporting.
    :bugeye:

3. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  4. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Now howabout we go into the French, German, & Russian liars?

5. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  6. Salty Registered Senior Member

Its to easy I guess like saying gravity exists.

7. spookz Banned Banned

the players are usa, britain and the middle east. the anglos attack, arabs defend. all others are irrelevant and are mere spectators

get a clue! why do you try to distract and divert attention from the real issues?

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Untitled

I've always been curious about the notion that it's better to point fingers than deal with reality. This topic so far reminds me of every day of my life for the last seven years.

First, a simple question: What is the value of force? Once upon a time a friend of mine asked why I wouldn't get rid of my girlfriend. I explained that it was a near-impossibility; I was not willing to resort to violence against another person (e.g. the girlfriend) in order to make her go away.

Like most Americans, force would have offended her gravely. Like most Americans, however, a lack of force indicates to her full acquiescence on the part of another.

What blows my mind is that we don't have a bunch of fights, just one long one that has carried on for seven years, and which unfortunately the arrival of my daughter does not seem to affect positively.

Initially, the argument was about something that bugged me insanely: Every day after work, I would either meet up with her and others at the bar or just head over to the place she was living with friends. Either way, we would end up back at her place, watching "Simpsons" and "Married With Children" episodes on videotape from the daily syndication. After those shows, I usually got out of dodge because next up was two hours of soap operas (a house addiction, apparently).

Now, all the argument was about was that she would sit beside me with boxes of photos from her life and tell me inane stories about the people in the pictures. Ninety-nine percent of the people in the pictures were of no particular value to her as a person, and the consistent factor among them was that those stories all drew an ever-closing spiral that ended with the moral lesson, "And everyone thought I was so smart/cool/wonderful/whatever."

This is, in and of itself, an annoying trait from someone who "doesn't want a relationship" and just wants a toss in the hay, and, furthermore, what made it an intolerable situation was this nasty habit of speaking throughout the shows only to pause to watch the commercials in silence. It was bizarre; everyone else let the commercials run on the tape so we could smoke a bowl and talk in between. But not Tig. She just stared at the commercials raptly and occasionally spoke to tell us her educated professional opinion on this or that product, which usually amounted to a one-liner about how smart/cool/wonderful she was.

And so I asked: Do you think we could watch the show and maybe talk about the pictures during the commercial?

And I didn't yell, I didn't rage. This was a simple request I would make of anybody, regardless of whether or not I was banging them. After somewhere between several and many of these requests combined with a gently-expressed confusion about who the hell most of the people in the pictures were resulted in her first official response to the request: Well, I don't like the way you're always criticizing my friends and telling me my pictures are stupid!

(A) It had nothing to do with reality.
    (B) It did not address the issue at hand.
    (C) It introduced false and extraneous issues.

Now, especially of that last, if an extraneous issue has value, I try to set it aside for a separate discussion. But such was her interpretation of the situation.

Seven years later, I am not allowed to be in a bad mood, since she presumes that any scowl, annoyance, or otherwise must necessarily have something to do with her, and the fight is still afoot. On an occasion that she willingly chose to deny me medical care that I needed--she went drinking with friends--I was apparently expected to apologize for the crime of feeling poorly. "Well ... excuse me for just trying to relax some! I hate the way you criticize me for trying to relax!"

(What has that to do with the fact that twice in a row you hung me out to dry when I needed some relatively important medical attention?)

"Well, excuse me. I guess I'm just a horrible person! I hate the way you're always telling me I'm a horrible person!"

(One of the other reasons I failed to successfully dump her before we reproduced was the simple fact that I get this kind of behavior out of my family, out of my neighbors, out of co-workers when I am in the workforce, from television whenever I check in on the latest ratings-based version of reality.)

What absolutely drives me nuts about it is that nothing ever gets solved. There is no progress. She is so fucking afraid to imagine that she has contributed to a problem that no problem can be addressed. The first thing she does is fire back with a counterpoint intended to deflect the issue.

I mean, imagine this: So the mother of your child is panicked because baby's temperature is about five degrees Fahrenheit too low. Imagine that you point out the common-sense comfort: "Honey, it's not that bad. Remember that we've never seen one of these thermometers (digital armpit) actually read her expected body temperature. Even the nurses were annoyed at the hospital when she was born because the numbers were too low to be real."

Does this seem reasonable? In the meantime, with a screaming child in the background, I get a thermometer thrown at my head--twice--and yet another diatribe about how I'm always telling her she's a horrible person.

Seriously, I'm starting to believe her about that particular point.

Now then ....

Are people really so afraid of tarnishing their patriotic myths of America, their nearly-religious addictions to presumed templates of right and wrong, and some abstract internal pride in their righteousness that they have to act like the petty, mean, undereducated woman whose addiction to misery only serves as further proof that we Americans are fucking insane?

You know, the United States has gone absolutely Coruscant, and we've announced our intention to enjoy the role. You can rest assured that more people around the world will be willing to kill and die over this role than they will French, German, or Russian opposition to the Iraqi Bush War.

In the meantime, the war party has thrown many darts in hopes that one will hit the target. And when it does, people will offer a hurrah to Bush and say it was all justified, when in reality a reason here and there aren't good enough for anywhere in the world that doesn't have oil or something else we want badly. And everyone will forget the mountain of desperate lies heaped upon the situation in order to make the American people believe that what isn't good enough for anyone else is good enough for Iraqi oil.

So what about the lies? What about Americans shitting themselves in fear over falsehoods? Hey, it's worth killing innocent Iraqis and upsetting the international balance we've helped ram down people's throats for--reason of reasons--the fact that it was convenient to us at the time ... we'd better have a damn good reason. What, law and order by consent of the governed, the alleged cornerstone of any free society, is simply too inconvenient for the "leader of the free world"?

Integrity is a huge part of the issue at hand. I well understand why the war party fears such a discussion, but you can't bomb integrity, respect, or compassion. I know, I know, if you can't have it, nobody can, but that's the warring way of tyrants passed. So it makes sense that people would run from such issues. You can't fight ideas with bombs, and the war party just can't bring themselves to admit that such ideas as integrity, respect, and compassion are simply too inconvenient for their lusts.

It was the warring way that brought us the Ba'ath and Saddam Hussein. What do we say to the Iraqis now? "It was good enough for us to help keep you suffering under a tyrant because it was convenient; now it is good enough for us to invade your country because your tyrant has become inconvenient."

Integrity will bring respect and compassion in its symptomatic entourage; bombs will only bring more shit raining from the sky.

What's the civilian death toll between Afghanistan and Iraq? Have we killed enough innocent Muslims to rightfully avenge 9/11 yet? Or how about the deaths of Muslims in Iraq while the US supported a tyrant? Perhaps we can call that "preemptive vengeance"?

When faced with its own lies, can the war party do anything better than desperately try to deflect the issues?

:m:,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2003
  9. shadows technocrat:Teach me Registered Senior Member

conspiring is how everything is done at the top nowadays

10. Salty Registered Senior Member

Its been like that since civilizaiton existed.

11. ben nevis Registered Senior Member

Your life mirrors mine Tiassa. Your aguments are valid but who understands the concept?

12. ben nevis Registered Senior Member

Arguments even.