"Executed" Britons Found

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Red Devil, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

The bodies of two British soldiers, who Prime Minister Tony Blair once said had been executed, have been found in a shallow grave in Iraq, says the British Ministry of Defence. The bodies of bomb disposal experts 36-year-old Simon Cullingworth and 24-year-old Luke Allsopp were found near Al Zubayr, outside Basra in the south of the country. Last month, the Qatar-based news channel Al-Jazeera showed pictures of two dead Britons in uniform surrounded by an exultant mob. The British government said the two soldiers "may well have been executed", though Iraqi Information Minister Mohammad Saeed al-Sahaf said Iraq had not executed anyone.

Yeah right - and we know how accurate his information was. It has not yet been announced just how the soldiers died.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

As an ex British Serviceman.. It is always a 2 way street.. Shit happens..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

Truly sad, but that’s a job.
    …But on the other hand, I don’t recall anyone from that country calling them to come.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Microzoft: Thats hardly the point really, is it? I didn't ask to go to a few places when I was in, but its part and parcel of the job. The point of the thread is that they were supposedly captured "alive".

8. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

So ???..

Are they the first Brits ever captured that died ???..

As said .... A 2 way street...

9. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

America and Britain at least have the decency to refrain from shooting captives. We honor the Geneva Convention. As red Devil says if the soldiers were captured alive aparently the Iraqi military didnt.

10. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

Sorry ... We ( Brits and Americans ) don't... That is it .. plain and simple.. We don't..

Hey !.. Are we becoming so PC these days we have stopped calling you " Yanks ".. ( wonder what you yanked ) ??..

11. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Being called a Yankee by everyone is actually a mark of pride by some. Just dont call anyone in Georgia that (to their faces) or they would have you skinned.

12. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

The word was " Yank " When will you colonials learn to read ??

13. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Don't call anyone a "Yankee" in the deep south!!!

14. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

See above...

I rest my case...

15. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Its a bloody abbreviation adam####!!! Same thing and your joke was far from funny.

I refuse to enter a battle of wits with you because one is not supposed to attack an unarmed opponent. Groucho Marx.

16. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

Oh!... Touchy.... touchy.. or should I say ... Touche !!...

Hahahaaaaa..

17. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Ill touch you in a second. *Thwack!*
    Wanna be touched? Ill get the KY jelly!

18. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

You see!.. Typical..

A battle of wits ????.. and you reach for the KY jelly..

That tells me where your brains are ... hahahaaa

19. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

And really !!..

If you ever learn how to pleasure a woman or what ever your fancy is !!..

One does not need KY jelly... hahaaaa

20. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

That’s correct, just as you mentioned “It’s the job”. And the point, is that we are not talking about
    a self-defense military situation but instead a raw invasion. Whichever way you wanna look at it, it is
    just a simple invasion bypassing all the rules.

The point? They were supposedly be capture alive?

A side that we don’t know the forensic facts at this time, any speculation is possible.

But just for the sake of contemplating a different perspective, say England was invaded by
    a totalitarian super-superpower. What rules will dictate the way England should defend it self?

21. Psycho-Cannon Home grown and Psycho Registered Senior Member

Any country will do anything in its power to defend itself until the last (wo)man or all hope is gone.

I've posed the same question given so many in Iraq were civillians given guns and out to defend their homes and familly from what they saw as "invaders" you cannot expect rules of warfare to be followed throughout.
    I posed a similar question, if Iraqi's landed in the US and went plowing through your City and the bombs were hitting your homes, and Malls along with the Whitehouse and bases killing children and the like.
    Given so many US have guns etc there would be thousands if not more of Civillians on the Streets with guns (Which the US called the Iraqi's that did that terrorists until someone mentioned quontanamo and the furor that caused shut them up) and all the iraqi soldiers captured or injured by these Americans...can you even begin to imagine what some of them would face before they died?
    But i can't imagine that being put all over the press in a bad light, hell i bet a lot of the papers would be hyping it up as "local citizens defend the USA" etc etc.

22. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

er, do I read you right, your condoning the "alleged execution" of prisoners of war?????

23. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

I don’t condone nor condemned any “alleged” execution. To me it is not even
    alleged until an independent reliable authority releases an inquiry. I have seen already enough propaganda to last a decade.

What I do condemn are the crimes on innocent civilians “unarmed” victims of this invasion. Unlike those British soldiers, they were not armed neither trained on self defense.

What ever “really” happened to those soldiers, they may rest in peace knowing that they went there looking for it. Following the instigations made by two government employees, Bush and Blair. ….What an honor to go down with!