North Korea - the next war

Discussion in 'World Events' started by 7DZ, Apr 21, 2003.

1. 7DZ Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

here is my view on this

"cpmmpdlt"

lol!!!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2003
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

Bush thinks he is in a rampage.
    The problem of it all, is that I believe he is enjoying every inch of it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spookz Banned Banned

i believe current news accounts indicate that the neocon's advice is being somewhat ignored by bush. perhaps saner minds are prevailing in the inner circle

8. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

Actually I've heard there may be plans to attack Iran next since the troops are already in the area (the border is just to the east) - rather than having the hassle of having to transport them to North Korea. And possibly Syria if this crap keeps up.

9. ben nevis Registered Senior Member

The next target should be a non shooting, non islamic country. may I suggest Madagascar.

10. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

how about my local supermarket, that needs freeing of the local opressive regime we have in north london

11. Salty Registered Senior Member

N. Korea is using these nukes for leverage. They want to make a unacceptable offer first and make the U.S. settle for somehting less obscene.

I don't think they will go for war but that could just be my wishful thinking I could be wrong

12. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Alright, I can understand a war with Iraq (and am not about to get in an argument why). But a war on N Korea is uncalled for at this point, and downright dangerous. It ain't gonna happen.

Diplomacy and politics should suffice, even if the extremism doesn't end up dying. I have at least a little confidence that the United Ntions can sway some of these countries into remission. A war with N. Korea couldn't have any benefits to the world right now. I expect 'em to follow suit with China. And if we can wait long enough, that's what will happen.

What really worries me is that there is the possibility that avoiding war now could lead to bigger problems in the future. Maybe a world-wide war. Trying to prevent this could lead to the exact same problems. What fun!

13. 10-10-220 Registered Senior Member

All thanks to Bush, sorry had to say it.

What exactly do you think will rise in the future as far as problems?

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

10-10-220 (is it okay if I call you alf?),
    Well, there are a lot of nukes floating around -even forgetting all of the weapons that N. Korea is undoubtedly trying to build up. If something isn't done to prevent them from building up more, they could easily fire a nuke off and threaten complete war if their demands are not met. And places like Japan are only a stones throw away. That would really eff up the worlds economy. Not to mention kill millions of innocents. And I'm sure the Japanese have had their fill of nuclear bombs. Ahem...

If we don't do anything to hold them back from a nuclear arsenal, then guess what happens?? They'll probably build one up anyways and use it for leverage purposes as Salty pointed out. And with their backs pinned to the corner, they'd very likely use the bombs.

Now, what I'm about to say isn't exactly related, but it has such an indirect implications that it's not worth ignoring. That is the fact that no matter how calm the political waters are, the human population is in a J-shaped curve. And those things are not...beneficial. No species has ever surivived that kind of population growth. Every single organism belonging to one of those J-Shaped species had died off at nearly the same time. I think that would put huge tension on the earths political strings, since we're getting really close to a bust Meaning it's only a matter of time before places like North Korea, North Africa, and even groups of unorganized terrorists realize that the possibility exists to hold the superpowers up at knifepoint and to cause widespread destruction with all these issues on their backs. So the world would be divided up, and many many people would die. I believe that we'll kill eachother off before something like disease does, since we're such a nicely organized species. Whether the people in North Korea realize it or not, there painting the road to our destruction. And my best guess would be that they care more about the money. Typical humans.

So there's not much I can do. I could complain, turn a blind eye, try to force it along, or just sit back and enjoy. And since I'm the type that enjoys the ride more then anything else, I think I'll grab a lemonade and watch things unfold just as predicted. Then I'll worry about being one of the few survivors.

I don't blame Bush. You either care too much or you care to little. The ones that live are those that don't care at all. That's my boat.

There you have it - my crackpot theory on the future of humanity. Let's hope I'm wrong.

15. riverline Registered Senior Member

I think the US has payed N.korea a good amount of $ in order to use their name in the probaganda to war on islamic countries.
    This makes the US

1. Brave

2. Distract the world from the fact that the US is targeting Islam

3. Intimidate the smaller countries

4. Drives Americans more stupid

16. spookz Banned Banned

and to drag out talks or time war to coincide with next elections.

17. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

The US military had war plans drawn up for N Korea before the N Koreans began reprocessing nukes. I would imagine they have merely been recently upgrqaded. So what? The military has always had contingency war plans drawn up for any likely scenario against all potential enemies, and in some cases against nations that might become enemies in the future because of the shifting political sands. Doesn't mean they are really expecting to go to war; it only means if things do get serious they won't be scrambling at the last second to throw something together on the fly. Most of the power nations have long done so. What do you think those people in the Pentagon are paid to do during peace time?

Diplomacy makes much more sense in this case. And it seems that maybe after Iraq the N Koreans have backed off their demand of one on one talks with the US; they have agreed to multilateral talks between them, the US and China, which got underway yesterday in Beijing. After fighting three prolonged wars in Asia in the 20th century, the US does not want to get involved in another one if it can avoid it.