Secularism

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Soulcry, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

I had a discussion about secularism with an Arab tonight. She insisted that secularism is something bad and they dont need it. I cant understand this. If you look why the west improved more than the east you can find early secularism as an answer. I know there are some middle-eastern people here so what are your opinions about secularism? Do you dislike it?

(Post number 100

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Though I am not middle-eastern my $.02 is: It is preferable to the "worship as I do or die you worthless infidel!" school of thought.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

Secularism is by far not enough , we need to dismantle the organized aspect of religion . No problem with religion , but there should be no link between religion and power .
    But Im talking utopia here , in reality :

Im pro Islamism for the MidEast right now , its the best weapon we could ever possibly have . It brings fanatism , determination and unity . Islamism is what achieved 9-11 , Islamism is what is terrorizing the fuck out of Israel , and its Islamism that will be victorious over as well USA as Israel when the next USA or Israeli attack on Arabia will be .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.