Condoleeza Rice

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Jerrek, Apr 19, 2003.

?

President Condoleeza Rice?

1. Hell no

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. YES!

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Eh?

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

If she ran for president, being a WOMAN and a MINORITY and all, would you vote for her? I'm especially interested what women and democrats have to say on this.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Salty Registered Senior Member

If she wins the primaries yes

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 7DZ Registered Senior Member

I saw her in an interview. She's quite intelligent - able to handle all kinds of questions on the spur of the moment. While she's certainly much better than any of our (Australian) current political leaders, I think she hasn't the qualifications or background for the top job. I believe she was an oil executive once. Certainly an impressive debator and a formidable intellect.

Much better candidate I reckon would be Colin Powell. I read his autobiography. He has served as national security advisor, he was a white house fellow, a four star general and the chairman of the joint chiefs.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

I think I like Condoleeza Rice better. What do you mean by not having the qualifications? Rice enrolled at the University of Denver at the age of 15, graduating at 19 with a bachelor's degree in political science (cum laude). She earned a master's degree at the University of Notre Dame and a doctorate from the University of Denver's Graduate School of International Studies. Both of her advanced degrees are also in political science.

Rice is a Council of Foreign Relations member, a National Endowment for the Humanities trustee, and a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.

She has written numerous articles and several books on international relations and foreign affairs, including Germany Unified and Europe Transformed: A Study in Statecraft, with Philip Zelikow.

She cofounded the Center for a New Generation, an after-school academy in East Palo Alto, California, and is a corporate board member for Chevron, the Hewlett Foundation, and Charles Schwab. In addition, Rice is a member of J.P. Morgan's international advisory council. Rice is a Council of Foreign Relations member, a National Endowment for the Humanities trustee, and a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.

I think she is very, very smart and more than qualified.

8. 7DZ Registered Senior Member

I stand corrected on qualifications.

9. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

Jerrek,

Really??? Then why is she taking orders from an idiot??

Maybe she's only book smart, and lacks intelligence and a conscience.

As for her being a member of the Council of Foreign Relations, so is Dan Quale. It looks like CFR's entry requirements aren't too rigid.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Salty Registered Senior Member

Do you have bachelors degree from Yale and a masters from harvard or better??

11. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

Salty,

No. But if my daddy was George Bush Sr., I probably would.

12. Salty Registered Senior Member

Well all you can say is probably then.

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Ms. Rice is wonderful. She has the experience, the looks, the brains, and everything. Just one minor problem though... She's black. For this reason alone, she would not win. There are enough people out there that don't want black people in office period. I would probably vote for her, but she still wouldn't win.

Gore probably lost the 2000 election because Liberman is a Jew. And we all know that Jews... Wait, my zionist leader is telling me that I should not speak of these things. Bye.

14. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Big money would not back an intellegent person that they may not be able to control.

15. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

Condoleeza Rice is as every bit impressive as former UN ambassador and academic Jean Kirkpatrick. One of the most formidable women both politically and intellectually as I've ever seen. As tough as Marjorie Thatcher and with the debating skills of William F. Buckley, Jr. I think Ms. Rice is in that mold.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Powell was ever NSA. I believe he was assistant to president Reagan for National Security Affairs.

16. Salty Registered Senior Member

If she can win the Primary. Which will be hard. I think she could win the election.

17. Nasor Valued Senior Member

How would being a black woman make her more qualified to be president than a white man? Are you suggesting that her race and gender would make her a more desirable president simply because it would be novel?

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Affirmative Action?

Ms Rice's gender or ethnicity have no bearing on my refusal to vote for her if the issue should come up. She is a part of the pandering machine that is responsible for the American debacle under Dubya. Powell would still get my vote under certain circumstances, and what saves his ass compared to Rice is that he hasn't been an outright shill; there is still redemption in him as far as I can tell. And given how often his own administration will undercut him while he's out doing his job, I can safely say that Powell brings less potential for massive human damage than Rice.

:m:,
    Tiassa

19. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

If nobody better is running.

She had better run or I will be forced to vote for bush again. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA.....cough

20. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

What speaks for her is that she seems to have studied extensively and published about the German unification and eastern european / soviet affairs. As a European I would expect some more tactical and sensitive approach from her towards foreign policy than her current boss.

Anyway, the current relaxed relations with russia could not only be attributed by having a war against muslimuprise in common but perhaps also by the influence of condoleezza rice and Colin Powell behind the screens?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2003
  21. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

I wouldnt vote for her, simply because she seems to be in among the Warmonger Party etc..let it just be said i dont agree with all that bit..no need to bring arguement into this thread!

22. SuperFudd Registered Senior Member

Yes, if she runs as a Republican.

23. heflores Banned Banned

I would have voted for McCain. Noway for Condoleeza...She strikes me as a person with absolultely no energy or tact. As far as political science degrees, I think they're worthless.....Politicians should learn real professions like medecine, engineering, physics, ect, and then do Masters or work in politics. A kid that gets entrenched in politics and nothing else from such an early age grows up to be a crook or a professional butt kisser. Condoleeza is not well rounded enough to be a US president or even for me to hire her as my personal secretary.