Pentagon will be Free of Congress

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Don Hakman, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Don Hakman Registered Senior Member

Rumsfeld has proposed his new defense intitiative plan and wishes to be immune from Congressional oversite. He will do the spending and awarding contracts. He will ban the formerly required reports to be made to Congress.

What the Patriot Act did for Ashcroft the Defense bill will do for the Pentagon, making it the ruler of Rome with no oversight.

And you conservatives thought that a military takeover like the USSR would not happen here.

Rumsfeld admits he is breaking a 200 year tradition BUT

I guess we all voted on this...didn't we?

http://www.rense.com/general37/rumms.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. machaon Registered Senior Member

What?

Do you mean to tell me that you are surprised?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

I doubt it will pass.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Thousands of things ranging from the genius to the stupid to the homicidal are proposed all the time. They usually dont pass. Government loves status quo. THis truth has its good points as well as the bad.

8. spookz Banned Banned

its whacked that we have to go thru this insanity for the remainder of the term.
    i totally blame the democrats for this shit. perhaps they would love to inherit the legacy of bush's presidency when they get elected. we need some serious oversight and these checks and balances are a frikkin joke!

i hereby request the gao run this country in perpetuity!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

If only temagin was alive and born in america.... or even alexander of macedonia.....

then nobody would complain about bush. Now that I think about it they wouldnt be half-bad leaders either. Whose up for a tower of skulls?

10. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I never thought I'd see the day when Liberals would act so much like their own stereotyping of Conservatives as in this concerted, panicked frenzy to resist possibly necessary change.

Fear definitly is the mind killer.

Conservative Liberals. Who would have ever thunk?

11. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

I believe the democrate plan is-
    "Give the GOP enough rope and
    the American people will hang them
    in 2004"
    Total bullshit- the people will
    hang themselves.

12. Salty Registered Senior Member

Where have you been? What are you talking about? Wasn't it the democratic govenor in Arkanasa that stoped the schools from being integrated by closing them down? Wanst it Ike that started Civil rights. 82% of the republicans in congress voted for civil rights it was the 34% of democrats that voted against it. It was the dixiecrats that stoped it from being passed untill 1964 ok? Wasnt it the democrat president JFK that voted against the civil rights bill while a senator?

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well, actually being a democrat doesn't automatically guarantee your being a liberal. The republicans were the good guys in the first third or two of the nation's history (at least in my mind).

I hate Donald Rumsfeld. There's no way this will pass, it's just another attempt at ruling the world on his part.

Possibly necessary? Doesn't that sound a bit like mostly harmless? I believe it's been proven, over the course of the nation's history that civil or constitutional rights do not need to be eroded in order to defend it. Regardless of technological or social change. Come on--we're all still human.

14. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

Johnny Bravo,

The democrats are following Napolean's advice: "Never stop your enemy when they are making a mistake."

15. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

Hope your right..
    I just think about those Gore/Bush debates where
    they sounded like "twiddledee and tweedydumb".

16. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

If gore was elected instead of bush somehow I am sure things would have been twisted so Gore would end up apologising to al-quiada.

Whatever you say about bush you have to admit he is an improvement over gore.

17. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

Well, that's hard to say for sure.
    Gore wasnt a carbon copy of Clinton
    and might have surprised the left
    and the right.
    I know this- after fumbling around
    Washington with that spy plane incident
    and other fuck ups- George W. Bush
    told his adm. that the Sept/11 attack
    "gave them something to focus on".
    War was just what they needed..but
    the policy of a pre emtive strike was
    on the table way before 9/11.

18. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I think we would still be going to war with Iraq and we would have still gone to war with Afghanistan, however on many other issues (energy, civil rights, tax cuts etc) I think Gore would have done a significantly better job. Plus, if he were president the republicans wouldn't control the congress right now.