expatriates and their worthless 2 cents!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by spookz, Apr 18, 2003.

1. spookz Banned Banned

walked on to campus, saw a newspaper, salaam. it is iranian. the editorial was calling for an invasion of iran, ragging in the mullahs, points out that 74% of irani's favour closer ties (mullahs prosecuted the poll takers), blah.

who are these people? they left their country. got a citizenship and a new life elsewhere. i mean, its ok to be concerned and involved but to call for an invasion seems a bit too much. is it cos their families are probably safe from harm? they will never witness the death and destruction that results from their support? check out iraq and its fractious infighting exiles. how can a guy (chalabi) who hangs out in pubs in england spouting crap, be installed as leader of a country? it seems whacked and opportunistic! damn these interfering freaks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

Reading your post I don't think you know what it means to be an expatriate. I was once an expatriate in various countries, but that isn't the same as what you're describing.

In any case, people exiled from their countries (including me) have every right to talk about their country and "call" for stuff to happen. Maybe in the guture they hope to return?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

ne entry found for expatriate.
    Main Entry: 1ex·pa·tri·ate
    Pronunciation: ek-'spA-trE-"At
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): -at·ed; -at·ing
    Etymology: Medieval Latin expatriatus, past participle of expatriare to leave one's own country, from Latin ex- + patria native country, from feminine of patrius of a father, from patr-, pater father -- more at FATHER
    Date: 1784
    transitive senses
    1 : to withdraw (oneself) from residence in or allegiance to one's native country
    2 : BANISH, EXILE
    intransitive senses : to leave one's native country to live elsewhere; also : to renounce allegiance to one's native country
    - ex·pa·tri·ate /-"At, -&t/ noun
    - ex·pa·tri·a·tion /(")ek-"spA-trE-'A-sh&n/ noun

so whats your def? how does mine not apply? (being 10 does not make you an expat, you still remain a child)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

The Germans sent Lenin back into Russia following the March revolution. He then initiated the bolshevik October revolution and created the monster. Damn interfering freak.

8. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

No !! No!! No!!..
    He was not " SENT " by the Germans ... He was " assisted " financially and physically.

Vladamir llyich Ulyanov ( Lenin ).. was his own man..

9. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Heck, somebody kicked out of a country has more right to complain about it than someone who never even visited. Only slightly less than someone who never left the given country.