Why Syria is America's new target ?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Proud_Syrian, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  2. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

because intelligence suggest's saddam and his cronies are hiding in syria and also they have sattelite photo's of syria's chemical weapons plants.
    Pretty straightforward...

3. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  4. 7DZ Registered Senior Member

Certainly the hawks in the Pentagon would like to remove the threat of terrorism from the middle east once and for all.

But I think that unless strong, unrefutable evidence were to emerge that the Syrians are actively aiding elements of the deposed Iraqi regime to escape and possibly reorganise a guerrila war against a new Iraqi government, it would be difficult to imagine any kind of military action against the Syrians.

The Syrian foreign minister has appeared on an Australian TV documentary saying that such accusations were unjustified and that the Syrian government would be willing to sign a regional treaty banning WMD's such as chemical weapons.

It seems the situation is diffusing. Washington has cool off the Pentagon (Powell is also said to be going to Syria for talks soon) and Syria has also backed away with its new PR campaign.

5. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  6. Allahs_Mathematics Mar'Ifah Ahl As-Suffah Registered Senior Member

I do hope u show the motives presented by the government , and not the motives u believe the government to have .

cuz.........honestly.

Actually Syria requested yesterday to the UN a new resolution for the entire mid-east region of removing WMD.....

Syria will pull the trigger people , in many ways.......and as I have spoken of the islamic effects of Syria , if we would look at the Jewish effects.........history will repeat itself and i am referring to Stalinism . Syria could trigger all that ......

The reasons to attack Syria are all reasons that are equal to reasons Israel might have to get rid of Syria.....nothing more .

7. jps Valued Senior Member

Why Syria is America's new target
    1. Wars are good for incumbent presidents in election times.
    2. Syria does not have nuclear weapons
    3. They think they can fool people into believing Syria is a threat because it aided Iraq in resisting the US imperialist invasion, and they've already fooled most people into believing Iraq was a threat.
    4. A war with Syria will draw attention away from the fact that we have failed to fulfill any of our stated objectives in Iraq aside from killing Hussein(just like the war with Iraq drew attention away from the fact that we didn't achieve any of our objectives in Afghanistan)
    5. Syria's making too much noise about our double-standards in dealing with Israel vs. the rest of the middle east.