American Liberaters Or American Looters ??

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Proud_Syrian, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Exposed: Are These US Marines 'Looting' OR Liberating Iraqi Gold Or Fixing Saddam's Door??

The picture below shows what would appear to be, US marines stripping gold plating from a door located in one of Saddams Palaces. There is of course always the possibility that I am misreading the picture.

Another possible explanation is that these boys found the door was not working properly and are attempting to fix its hinges properly. Hemmmm ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I don't think they're "stealing gold or jewels" , they aren't pirates or filthy lowlifes like the iraqi looters, they could be doing a number of things, I'm not going to come to any conclusions from this simple picture.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Psycho-Cannon Home grown and Psycho Registered Senior Member

Theres also a lot of concern going about that one of the many groups that GWB met with pre-war was a group "Ill look up the link in a mo" that represents the wealthier American art collectors, many of whom have works pilfered from numerous countries, nothing many musems dont have but hey...that followed by them allowing the worlds richest museums etc to be looted in Iraq despipte many warnings by Amnesty internatinal and global groups and museums that such pricless artifacts where in great danger during and after the war from bombs and looting and called for its protection, they were ignored.
    Now that the rampant looting is going on there are many waiting to see how much of this turns up in the months to come in the hands of these private American art collectors.
    Much of this stuff is representative of the "Birth of civilisation" the earliest known examples of writing, poetry, paininting, many of the documents have not even yet been translated due to the sanctions and banning of travel of certain persons into Iraq to get the neccesary expertise to translate them, many have now been destroyed and stolen, its a massive loss to our history and their culture.
    Mind you i suppose many in the top US Circles won't mind if they loose more of their cultural identity, it makes them easier to stamp the "Made in the US" mark on the country.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.